Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 am

Sull nods sagely and says "The nearest route to the surface lies to the south but is guarded by a traitorous tribe of mongrels who have been consorting with cultists. I have ignored them for some time but I think it's time for some actions. You'll have to get past them to go to the surface. If you agree to destroy them on your way I can offer you a stash of potions that I've been saving. Unfortunately I can't send any men with you. I need all my scouts to be out gathering the other nearby tribes for when we hear word from the surface."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:16 pm

"We would be most gracious for the offer." Daveed answered, nodding again.

"Also, we recovered this pennant during our travels through the tunnels," he said, retrieving the amulet/brooch/clasp from his pack. "Is it familiar to you?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Sull's one good eye gets a bit misty as he reaches out for the brooch. "It belonged to one of my sons. He left after an argument. Do you mind if I keep it? Here, take this in trade." he says as he walks over to his chair and shows the group a +1 morning-star. "Just promise me that you'll use it to split at least one traitor's skull with it on your way to the surface." he says with a grim remembrance.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Daveed takes the morningstar and holds it up, examining it before looking back towards the Chief.

"Regardless of the means, we will ensure that these fallen descendants meet justice."

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:04 pm

"I wish you well on your journey" he says "come see me when you're ready to head out."

You are welcome to stay in the town as long as you like. It takes you about 2 hours to do shopping. (dai this means you can learn the 1st spell the swap familiars if you wish). Let me know if you are going to rest here.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:15 pm

(nah that's alright... don't think I need any of those that soon... I'm fine with just chatting with her and moving on.)

After arranging for the spell-swapping with the village witch... Sensing that the other is also a fellow Seer, she tells the village witch that if returning late, please feel free to have Eclair teach her familiar any additional spells he knows. Epicette also shows her the Hallow deck used for divinations and strikes up some light chatter with her, both to improve relations and to get to know each others' ways better.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:29 pm

"I'm not opposed to moving out, but I'll understand if their are others who wish to rest. Anevia? Aravashnial? Mr. Gwerm? Do any of you require additional time to rest?"

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:16 pm

"Another option is that, since we're at a friendly, guarded settlement, if any of you would like to stay until we find a path to the surface and then return to regroup... might also be an option," Epicette shrugged. "Two of your are quite injured, after all."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Anevia and Aravashnial agree that staying with the mongrelmen will probably be the best for now. They can make their own way out after you clear a path.

Gwerm on the other hand can not wait to leave this place and is appalled that you'd suggest he stay here.

(I assume Millorn doesn't get the option to stay)

after you finish your shopping it is a little after midday (12PM)
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Epicette looks at Anevia and Aravashnial, trying to correct what seems to be a misunderstanding: "No that's not what I meant--- if you stay, please wait until we return. Even when the way to Kenabres is clear, it'll be lot safer if we return as a group than not."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:03 am

"Mr. Gwerm. Understand that when we assault the lair of the traitors, our ability to protect you may be greatly diminished. We do not know the tunnels, and could find ourselves very quickly outflanked. Unless you prepared to possibly find yourself fighting alongside us, I strongly recommend remaining here with the Descendants."

(Diplomacy: 1d20+11= 25)

(No, Millorn is staying with us).

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:11 am

Gwerm looks like he's considering it for a moment then replies "You have done well enough protecting me in the previous unknown tunnels. Now I am not going to stay in this hole any longer. I will be coming with you. Worst case I will administer healing potions. If I have to I'll defend myself with a rapier." he says with an air of finality.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:21 am

"Very well."

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:21 am

Malorix smiles. "If he's confident he can handle himself, let him, Daveed. Now, if all that's settled, I do believe we have evildoers to smite, yes?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:31 pm

You have secured the mongrelfolk's aid and have a plan and directions to return to the surface.

600XP for befriending Sull and giving him news of his son.

Part 1 complete!

(4740/5000)
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”