Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 am

The group left off having just convinced Millorn to stop trying to kill them, and were gathering their resources before climbing up the adjacent tunnel.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:56 am

"Millorn will stay with those of us in the vanguard. Unless there are any objections. Let us depart immediately." Daveed said, just as everyone finished getting ready.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:59 pm

"None whatsoever. Let's get going."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 pm

"No objections here," Cernandlon replies as he makes ready to continue the journey.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:29 pm

The group is able to gather about 4 days rations from the darkmantle nest and then begin to head on from Millorn's cave.

"Heeheehee he chuckles. It's been a might while since I made this climb. Wonder if I'll be able to find a god Stout on the surface. Demons love stout, so there will probably be a lot of it around. Yeeessss. hehe." Millorn rambles as you approach a steeply inclined tunnel that leads upward to the north. It's walls lined with numerous nooks, handholds, and dozens of iron pitons that have been driven into the walls long ago. everyone is able to ascend this area as though a ladder was present.

After about 60 ft of climbing, the shaft levels out and you're able to walk for about 30 minutes as Millorn jumps and rambles and accuses every third rock formation to be an enemy of some kind or another. Henric notices him start to cast Color Spray against a particularly intimidating group of stalagmites but is able to stop him.

Eventually the tunnel opens into a large cavern about 70 ft across. Cylindrical rock formations along the walls arch up to make a domelike chamber but the walls and floor are riddled with cracks. At the center of the cave there are the remains of a stone tower which may have once reached the fifty foot high ceiling, but has collapsed on it's side.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Epicette takes a look around to carefully examine the cavern from the entrance...
( Perception take10+11=21 )
( Eclair Perception 17+9 = 26 )
( Reverie Perception 13+14 = 27 )

If nothing spotted, she then takes a few rocks, casting Light on them before tossing them towards the other side of the cavern to light up the area beyond darkvision range, especially the cracks.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:30 pm

"Something tells me that demons aren't the type to share." Daveed comments absently, scanning the room

(Perception: 1d20+8=23)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:13 am

You see two humanoid creatures hunched over the rubble of the tower, apparently trying carefully to clear the rubble from an area. Now and then one of them calls out and there is a muffled response.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:13 pm

"Looks like one of their comrades is trapped under the rubble."

Daveed says to the group.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:17 pm

"Seems simple enough, let's give them a hand then." Epicette said as she starts moving towards them.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:52 pm

"Hold up there," Daveed said, placing his hand on Epi's shoulder.

"Perhaps you'd like to let us armored folk go first?"

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:08 pm

One eyebrow raised by the slightest margin, Epicette looked a bit surprised before giving Daveed a mostly-courteous, slightly-humored nod: "I'll be right behind you then."
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 pm

"Keep your weapons ready." Daveed said to the group, while putting away his own sword and shield. He then moved forward into the view of the two humanoids.

"We are warriors of Kenbres. We do not mean you harm. Do you require assistance?"

(Charisma Check: 1d20+3= 16
Diplomacy Check: 1d20+11= 20)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:55 pm

as you approach, you are able to get a better view of the two creatures. One is a hunchbacked woman who's face is so warped by tumors that you don't think she's capable of intelligible speech. the second is a tall thin man with a face that melds the features of an attractive elf, a goat, and a lizardfolk. his large fingers end in dull, spadelike talons.

When they hear Daveed's voice, they drop to defensive positions and the male steps forward. He greets you in a raspy voice, speeking quite eloquent common. "If that is true then perhaps you can help. As you can see, misfortune has befallen us. Our friend was trapped under the rubble here and we can't get him out without risking crushing him under this large rock." he says.

those who look see that there is another mishapen humanoid under the rocks, with one particularly large boulder wedged and ready to fall on him. Up to 6 people may attempt to help lifting the rock. (this would be one person making the check, and the others performing Aid Another. Alternate solutions are possible and will be considered as they are proposed)

as Millorn comes across the Mongrelfolk he becomes surprisingly less paranoid than usual, before blurting out. "Ah ha! some of the descendants! Oy didn't you get a bad strain of it, eh girly. You on the other hand seem to have gotten some rather interesting results from the exposure." he says turning to the male, his eyes darting around the two, as if studying them like weaponsmith would a newly forged blade.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:01 am

"Millorn." Daveed shot at him, disapprovingly. "A little decency? Let's at least get their friend out of the rubble first."
(Quick Diplomacy (used on Millorn to "Give Simple Advice or Directions"): 1d20+13-5= 16)

"Millorn. Mallorix. Cernandlon. Let's see if we can't shift that boulder."

(Strength Check: 1d20+3= 14)

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”