Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:10 am

Epicette walks about a bit, examining the stone pillar and trying to figure out the best way to shift rocks so it would get the man out without injuring him more.
( Knowledge[Engineering] 13+8 = 21 )
( Perception take10+11 = 21 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:12 am

(Asking the archer to help with a strength check? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!)

Cernandlon wordlessly heads over and puts his back into attempting to remove the boulder.

Strength Check: 1d20+2: 16
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 am

Epicette is able to identify the key structural points keeping the stone up which will allow the group to lean the stone without having to lift it and dig the mongrelfolk out from under the rock.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:24 am

"Alright... I think I got a better idea at this..." Epicette comments as she begins explaining her idea to the rest of them.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28 am

Henric smirks. "I got this." He walks over and touches the scale he got earlier to the boulder and concentrates. The stone levitates into the air and a swirling cloud bank covers the area. "Oh, that was unexpected. Looks like it's just clouds, though - he should still be fine under there."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 am

as the rock begins to levitate, a thick cloud bank develops beneath it, and the female mongerlfok starts to squeal with an urgency as if scared for her comrade, clearly worried that her ally was being crushed. Fortunately she emerges with another male mongelfolk shortly, this one a blend of a hawks eyes, a boars tusks, and a dwarf's beard and stature. The mongelfolk that first greeted you turns to the group, relieved and says "Thank you for rescuing my friend. My name is Lann, this is Dyra, and the one you just saved is Crel." he says gesturing to the female and the male respectively. "Allow us to take you to our settlement, Neathholm so that our chieftain can reward you for your assistance. It is a maze of tunnels down here and many of them have collapsed with the recent tremors. We know the shortest and most direct ways to get back."

400XP for saving Crel's life.
Saving Crel's life has made all of the mongrelfolk Friendly: 400 bonus XP!

3740/5000 XP
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:52 am

"We would be most grateful." Daveed said, nodding towards the three "Descendants".
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:39 am

(You guys, doing all this stuff while I'm at work. Hmf.) Malorix was all set to help with the strength check, and then the rock situation is resolved. He settles for just words then. "You're welcome. We were in this bind ourselves just yesterday."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:51 am

as the rest of your party arrive the each react a little differently to the mongrelfolk.

Anevia appears to currious and feel a little pity for them. "Hello, how do you make your living down here in these caves?" She asks of Crel.

Mr Gwerm is clearly disgusted by them, but knows enough to keep his mouth shut about it and stands off to the side waiting for you to come talk to him, probably hoping that you'll be leaving these monstrosities to their own fate.

Aravashnial is almost as interested in the creatures as Millorn, though he is more interested in their history, and begins firing off a lot of questions in along this vein. Unfortunately the wizard was never trained in tact and some of his questions about "the history of the mole people" come across as a little insensitive.

[I have to head to work, I'll try to update this post in an hour]

[placeholder for Millorns actions now that the condition of 'wait till we free the guy' is met]
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:56 am

"Descendants, Aravashnial. The history of the descendants." Daveed chimes in, attempting to defuse the situation.

(Diplomacy to give advice: 1d20+13-5= 19)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:28 pm

"Ah yes, my mistake." He says before appologizing and continuing with his barrage of questions.

Meanehile you look over and notice that Millorn has been scribbling like, for lack of a better term, a mad man and has been for the past 3 or 4 minutes. Every few seconds you hear him mumbling about "lineage" or "progress".
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 pm

With little knowledge of life underground (albeit plenty of survival knowledge above it), Epicette found herself just as curious and nodding eagerly with Anevia's question. Her tone held no pity, just sympathy and a slight hint of personal understanding.

She also start interjecting replacement words whenever Aravashnial uses an inappropriate term, straight on top of his speech.

(After the initial burst of intrigue from all sides finish) "Hey since you're all locals down here," Epicette addresses them, Millorn included, "does any of your recognize... Sir Daveed you have that amulet right?"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Daveed furnishes the Amulet from his pack.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:23 am

Lann seems to recognize the broach. "Our chief would like to see that an know how you came across it."

meanwhile, Millorn seems to have finished his scribbling for a moment and puts the stopper back on his ink before walking up to Dyra and studying the tumors that she has.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:56 am

"Actually we found the brooch not far from where we-" Daveed stopped when he noticed Millorn's action.

"Millorn! Stop prodding that woman's face. Please." He said, in a calm, but stressed tone.
(Diplomacy to give instructions: 1d20+11-5= 20 (add an additional +2 if you think this counts towards by Good Influence trait).

"Apologies, sir. He is a work in progress." Daveed offers, frankly, before Millorin is in earshot.

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”