Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Postby Squall255 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:24 am

A humble male voice calls out feebly "Yes we're still alive in here." As you open the door, you find two middle aged humans, the Loumins. They thank you for dispatching the demon and offer each of you a Fine Outfit (100gp value) as reward for saving them and their shop. They have enough food to survive for another week or so in their back room, and are reluctant to leave their home.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:32 am

"Yes, you should remain here and keep this door barred until the all clear is given. If you do not mind me inquiring; Beyond the attack itself, have you heard anything of the world beyond Kenabres?"

(Diplomacy: 1d20+13= 18)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:36 am

The man looks at Daveed and says "I noticed how many cultists sprung up during the attack. They've been in the city all along. Their safe houses are scattered all across the city. And my wife here swears that she saw the Storm Lord kill Terendelev and had his minions carry her body into the Worldwound."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:40 am

Slightly mesmerized by all the fine clothes, Epicette decides to take up the offer, but nevertheless picks 100gps of tailoring materials instead (GM agreed).

She then offers to help them move anything valuable still in the outer room into the inner one. An already-ravaged and empty store would attract less attention and be less likely to draw demonic/cultist looters.
She also informs the two that she can try to send back a word if they discover a safehouse in the city (but no promises).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:49 pm

"This place sells very fine goods, Daveed. A wrecker demon couldn't resist it. Destroying objects of beauty is like candy to them, that's why it was here." Malorix accepts his gift with gratitude. "My thanks. Do you happen to know what the terrain's like in this area? We wound up underground when the tremors hit, and don't know the extent of the damage."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:48 am

the humans reply that they don't know about the terrain as they have been hiding in their back room avoiding the outside.

Unless anyone else has any important questions or actions to take:

You finish moving their important/best pieces into their back room, strew some papers around to help with the "already destroyed" ruse and head on the rest of your way to the library. When you get there, you see that most of it is in shambles with a giant 30ft wide swath of destruction leading through the back half of the library from the outer gate of the city. All that is left of the library is it's Great Hall, with the vast majority of the structure lying collapsed in ruins. Upon hearing of the destruction of the building, Aravashnial collapses to his knees and seems to have some trouble keeping his breath.

Perception check for more details about the destruction.
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:53 am

(Perception 1d20+7=26)

EDIT: "Looks like the library was deliberately targetted."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:56 am

(Perception: 1d20+8= 18)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:57 am

[ Perception 12+10 = 22 ]

Epicette nods in agreement, then, more for Aravashnial than anyone else: "The Great Hall still stands, so some of them probably survived. Let's go see."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:03 am

"Oh dear. This does not look promising." (Perception: 13+5=18)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:40 am

(Perception: 1d20+9 = 17)

Cernandlon sees his old friend collapse to his knees and heads to help him up. "Come on, Aravashnial, you and I both know that no structure lasts forever. Let's go see what can be salvaged."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:38 pm

"Move cautiously." Daveed warns, before up just to the right of the door.

(Attempting to listen for sounds within the building.
Perception: 1d20+8= 22)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:26 am

As you approach the building you hear a human male barking orders inside the hall. "Hurry up!" he bellows. "Stack the damn books better!"
A woman's voice follows, clearly scared. "I'm... i'm trying."

Two other voices can be heard snickering but you can't tell what race they are.

[combat map updated in my sig]
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 am

Malorix sighs and whispers to Daveed. "Here we come to save the day. Ready whenever you are." (Initiative 12+2=14)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:16 am

(When everyone has placed themselves on the map and posted their initiative, Daveed will move directly in front of door 2, and kick it in.

Initiative: 1d20= 15
Combat Expertise Activated
Strength Check to kick in door: 1d20+4= 21)

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”