Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Epicette Agyen, Samsaran Witch

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:12 pm

A few permission requests:
- (SpC); it's both a druid and a sor/wiz spell, the two lists that Witches usually get the intersect of.
- (SpC)
- : plan to go for later; only noticed when Dave pointed out last night it's 3P.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 am

Spiderskin: Approved with range change to personal (based on Ironskin being a similar spell, with the personal limitation, depending on use, may relax on this)

Circle Dance: I'm having trouble seeing how this isn't a Locate Creature one level early, aside from it being planar instead of Long range, and being a one time ping instead of a 10 min/level continuous lock. In general, this seems stronger to me than Locate creature, not weaker.

Mythic Heighten: So now Empowered/Maximized/Extended spells use DC's and penetrate anti-spell effects based on the spell slot used? Hmmm... This seems powerful for a blanket buff. Admittedly I'm not super familiar with Mythic feat balance, but I'd say tentatively it applies to 1 Metamagic feat you have, and doesn't require Heighten. For example you'd take "Mythic Metamagic Spell [Maximized]" and it would do this effect for your Maximize metamagics.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 am

Somehow I missed Ironskin spell <_<. That's probably even better. (Spiderskin is basically a more expensive ver of Barkskin.)

Circle Dance isn't meant to replace Locate Creature but complement it. Since it gives only relative direction once (no distance-to, no coordinates), it's basically a "give me a tip", while Locate Creature locks onto them and lets you close in like a radar-guided missile.
It also takes 1min to cast instead of 1round -- more indication of the strategic vs tactical division of roles between the two spells.

I don't see how it's a "blanket" buff. How often does one even see Metamagic applied spells without the use of rods/abilities that reduce metamagic costs? High level slots are a premium. Also note this doesn't work with abilities that reduce the cost of metamagic feats or grants free metamagic (like Henric's Arcane Metamastery) because to benefit from it, one has to actually raise the slot cost.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 am

Drive by: Given how generally useless Heighten itself is, I think treating Mythic Heighten as a general Mythic Metamagic (and getting rid of Mythic Maximize and maybe Mythic Empower entirely, since the rest are pretty mediocre) would be pretty reasonable.

I can envision a few possible nerfs:
- limit the amount of increased spell level that applies to mythic targets/Globes of Invulnerability (or just those from lower tier mythic sources)
- make it cost an MP
- make it not worth with metamagic rods
- apply a casting time increase even for wizards unless Arcane Metamastery or a similar effect is in use

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 pm

|

()

Return to “Characters”