Malorix Chessel, Tiefling Cleric of Ragathiel

Moderator: Squall255

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Malorix Chessel, Tiefling Cleric of Ragathiel

Postby littleangryman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:11 pm

http://profiler.druidsofthecoast.com/view.php?id=590

"I have done what sadly few of my kind have done. I have cast loose the shackles of fate and fortune, as my lord did before me. As He overcame an Infernal heritage, so too have I overpowered the Abyssal. Let the bitter old men of Kenabres throw their petty condemnations at me, I care not. I know in my soul that I am free. Such freedom requires constant vigilance and effort to maintain, but the reward is worth it. And now, having conquered the darkness within, how can I help but prevail against the darkness without?"

Malorix was a tragically common occurence in Mendev. Born to one of the native population who didn't have the heart to smother her child, Malorix spent most of his early life in the shadows, trying to keep hidden so that his demon taint didn't get him sent to the stake. As with any tiefling, his dark impulses were set to get the better of him, despite his mother's desperate attempts to redeem him. Though he loved his mother dearly, he could not see how this was possible.
Then one day, a building he broke into to find shelter turned out to have a decent-sized library within. Having little to do while waiting out the latest witch hunt, Malorix sat down to read. Many of the books were on matters of religion and the good-aligned outer planes, which Malorix found mildly interesting, until he came upon an entry that riveted his attention. That entry concerned the Empyreal Lord Ragathiel, the mighty commander of Heaven's armies. The General of Vengeance spends most of his time battling fiends, but what truly caught Malorix's attention was the battle within. Ragathiel, apparently, was the son of none other than the archdevil Dispater, and struggled for centuries to overcome this dire parentage in service to the light. But overcome it he did, and assured his place among the Empyreal Lords' ranks.
Inspired by this example, Malorix adopted Ragathiel as his own patron, and for many years fought an intense battle within himself to silence the Abyssal voices that would call him to darkness. The battle was hard-fought, but in the end Malorix succeeded in doing what few tieflings of any heritage have done: freeing himself from the taint that stained his soul from the moment of his birth. Malorix is under no illusions that such freedom will maintain itself, but is confident in his ability to battle for the light henceforth.
And speaking of battling for the light, the crap has apparently hit the fan in Mendev, and the Fifth Crusade is about to begin in earnest. It is time for Malorix to take up sword and spell, and emulate his lord in other areas...
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Malorix Chessel, Tiefling Cleric of Ragathiel

Postby Squall255 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Squall, would you allow Tieflings to take the Channel Force chain normally restricted to Aasimar?

Scott, the 20 HP from toughness is going to mean very little in the long run, just as a heads up. If you're worried about survivability, hop in chat and poke us and we'll see what we can do to in regards to feat advice.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:04 pm

channel force feat chain approved.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Hey Scott, when you channel energy can you make note in your posts of Overflowing Grace, since you have that as your tier 1 path ability?

Overflowing Grace (Su): When you heal a creature with positive energy (such as by channeling positive energy to heal the living, using cure spells, or using lay on hands), any affected creature at full hit points (whether already at full hit points or healed to full hit points by your channeled energy) gains a +1 sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 minute. If you channel negative energy to heal undead, this is a profane bonus rather than a sacred bonus.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 pm

The Dengar Codex:

May study one chapter a day when preparing spells, effects last for 24 hours.

Chapter headings:
1: Fight with Dispater +2 CMB and CMD for Sunder and Disarm
2: The Serpent of Maelstrom +2 CMD vs Grapple
3: Surviving Skepticism +1 on rolls to penetrate SR and +1 DC on spells with Will saving throws.
4: To Avernus +1 damage with Bastardswords
5: Taking Avernus : +4 Sacred bonus to AC against attacks from opponents that flank you.
6: Deumus +2 sacred bonus to Channel Energy DC
7: Ascension +1 damage/die for Channel Energy
8: Allies +2 Sacred Bonus to AC of allies adjacent to you
9: Friends +1 CL for all Cure Spells
10: Typhon +4 to confirm Critical Hits
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:24 am

(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Hey Scott: a few ideas/suggestions/requests on your spell selection, since you character seem to be underpreparing your spell slots by a notable margin and you mentioned needing to re-examine spell preparation a some point.

Shield of Faith: with your Crusader archetype's Legion Blessing ability, you can cast Shield of Faith on 4 of us (all 5 of us at lvl10) at once with a duration of 1min/level. This is enough to last through several battles, and Metamagic Extend Spell rods are cheap too to make it last longer. This currently grants +3 deflection AC right now and will eventually go up to +10 Deflect AC (at CL18 + Mythic Shield of Faith at tier 10). Requires only a lvl1 + lvl4 spell from you. Additional Shield of Faith spells can always help if someone gets dispelled, so this would make a nice go-to for extra 1st level slots. Spells like Magic Weapon and Divine Favor (which you currently prepare) are mostly obsolete and not even worth the action to cast them at this point.

: this grants the entire party immunity vs charm, compulsion, possession, and attacks by summons when facing evil creatures; really nice to have when we're facing succubi, shadow demons, and the likes. Since you have the mythic ability that allows touch spells at 30ft, this doesn't even have to be a pre-combat buff for you.

: preparing 1 is probably enough; this is great when there's an environment obstacle or if there are foes who specifically use one element in their natural attacks/weapons. It's 10min/lvl duration also lasts a while.

Prepare 2+ Prayer: this is probably the most action-efficient and resource-efficient buff/debuff you have, and it stacks well with whatever buffs others may use. So if you don't know what to do with 3rd level slots, add more Prayers.

Freedom of Movement x 2: your previous use of Freedom of Movement showed that it's actually really effective given Epicette's tendency to use Web/Black Tentacles. At 10min/level duration, these spells are buffs that last the whole dungeon; Malorix and Daveed are our only two meleers, and they'll both be able move in without caring about field impediment spells.

: with his crit build, Daveed will love this spell; best used if we get 1 round of prebuff prior to a major fight (as Prayer is better saved after meeting the enemy so they get the debuff).

Other suggestions:
consider listing Destructive Smite (from your domain) on your character sheet's weapon/attack 'special properties' box. I've never seen you use this and it's a nice ability to remember; standard action attack at +1/2 level bonus with 3+WIS/day use
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:15 am

The Weapon Formerly Known As Soulshear:
+2 Intelligent Cold Iron Bastard Sword.

Intelligent Abilities:
60ft Vision and Hearing
Speech (Abyssal, Common, Giant)
3/day: See Invisibility (CL 15)
1/day Summon Monster V (CL 15) (Current summoned creature unknown)
(|)
(|)

Return to “Characters”