Daveed Sunseeker, Angelkin Paladin of Sarenrae

Moderator: Squall255

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Daveed Sunseeker, Angelkin Paladin of Sarenrae

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Born many years ago beyond Kenabres, Daveed was brought to the emerging Crusader-State by his father, a minor Lord who sought to return honor to his family by pledging himself and his son to the Crusade. Or so he professed. His father was not a particularly brave or honorable man, and his tenuous influence was the result of younger years spent stealing and swindling those of fewer wits out of their own fortunes. Yet, at 50, he now found himself bankrupt and cast out, and thought that perhaps he could begin anew in Mendev.

Unfortunately, ill-fortune befell him when the caravan they were traveling in was attacked by a trio of vrocks. The demons were savage, and far beyond what the caravan guard could muster. With the guards dispatched, the vrocks saw to the slaughtering of the civilians. As they proceeded in their baleful task, another horrid creature, a glabrezu, appeared and began to pick through the rubble. Invariably, the demon seemed to find it's way to Daveed's father, who was still attempting to shield his son. His father, on top of never having been a particularly noteworthy warrior, had never encountered such creatures, and fled in horror, dropping his weapon in front of the young boy's feet.

Daveed's memories of the next few moments are fragmented. He recalls picking up the rapier and holding it meekly towards the glabrezu. Then the foul demon grabs him, crushing his frail body while leering sadistically in his face. Just as he begins to loose consciousness, a warrior, wielding a brilliant scimitar that shined with golden fire, charges in, severing the arm that held him up, and then, darkness. To this day, Daveed has not been able to recall any memories prior to this incident.

By the time Crusader Patrol arrived on the scene, the warrior, a paladin of Sarenrae, had been killed and ravaged by the demons. Just behind the body of their fallen comrade was Daveed, comatose, with the demon's claw still gripping him. Among the patrol was a cleric of Sarenrae who arranged for the boy to raised by her Church when attempts to learn his identity failed.

While too young to adequately participate in the first three Crusades, he spent much time serving as an acolyte, scribe, and general assistant to the more senior clergy during the fourth. Many in the Church of Iomedae became overzealous in their desire to purge and cleanse corruption, and it was the Church of Sarenrae that often served as a voice of moderation in mediating disputes and dispensing justice. From this time, Daveed learned the self-control and patience that often sets him apart from many holy warriors.

In time, Daveed came of age and opted to take up the sword of Sarenrae and become a paladin her service.

Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 am, edited 26 times in total.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Re: Daveed Sunseeker, Angelkin Paladin of Sarenrae

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Backstory v2.0 is up.

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 am

Background Bonus Trait: Good Influence (power doubled)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Update: Mythic'd

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Update:
Mythic Tier 2

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:26 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:07 am

Tier 3
+4 hp
+2 MP/day
Absorb Blow increases to 15 points, DR 1/epic, +5 to all resistances
Amazing Initiative increases to +3
Gain "Recuperation" mythic ability
Gain "Directing the Assault" mythic ability
Mythic Feat: Mythic Leadership

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:18 am

Leveled to 10, edited build progression, and cleaned up the backstory.

As usual, input welcome.

Active Characters:

Return to “Characters”