Campaign Rules

Moderator: Squall255

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Campaign Rules

Postby Squall255 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:33 pm

Starting Char rules:

Level 1
20 point Pathfinder point buy for stats
max starting gold according to class.
HP: Max roll.
2 traits: they must be different types (e.g. 1 Racial trait, and 1 Combat trait)
1 Campaign Trait (from )

if you choose to take the Scion of Humanity racial trait, you may select any Humanoid subtype (with DM approval). This is intended to allow for Aasimar of Elven/Dwarven/etc. heritage.

metamagic rods: Rule 0ed to no longer increase casting time for Sorcs. However cannot own duplicate rods.

Posting: I will post after everyone has taken their actions, or after 7 days have passed whichever comes first. if you do not either post or alert me requesting a delay you will forfeit your action, and the party will continue on or combat will continue with your character either following the party, or standing still in combat.(treated as dazed)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Re: Campaign Rules

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:11 am

Diplomacy skill kit: well dressed clothes, +1 bonus cost 50gp, +2 for 300gp made using Craft[Tailor] or equivalent
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Nonlethal CDG:

max damage as normal, overflow nonlethal damage becomes lethal, Fort save DC 10+Lethal damage dealt or die.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:05 pm

The map has been updated to include differentiating between Dying and Dead, and unknown with HP <0. Note: it will take a Heal check (swift action, can be done at range) or a higher DC Perception check (also swift action, +10 to 15 to the DC) to determine if they are alive at negative HP or dead (barring massive overkill like Cernandlon's arrow)
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:30 am

DM Ruling: there is NO disintegration spell. It does not exist. It cannot be researched.

I'm considering implementing a similar spell that instead of destroying said object, transports it a short distance instead

The purpose of this ruling is that Disintegration spells highly favor the DM as they result in loot loss, and permanent gear destruction isn't fun for anyone.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Item attunement takes at most 24 hours unless I specifically say otherwise.

Items that grant +X to something attune at the rate of +1/hour (+1 bonus when you first equip, each hour you gain another +1 up to the item cap)

Psionic Tattoos can be crafted as though they were potions: they can take as little as 2 hours to create (if their base price is 250 gp or less).

The limit of craft 1 magic item per day is waived but only one magic item can be in the process of being crafted at a time (even through the use of familiars).
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:42 am

Mixed Blood:
Requires: Charisma 17, Char level 7, 1 feat from the Bonus feats list of bloodline selected for this feat, 5 ranks in the class skill of bloodline selected for this feat , cannot be Crossblooded

Benefit: you get a second Bloodline Arcana from the Sorcerer bloodline that allows you to meet the requirement.

notes: the Bloodline Feat used to qualify for this feat must be acquired using feats you normally get per level, not via Bloodline Bonus Feats (this is to prevent qualifying if 2 bloodline feat lists overlap)

feat partially based off of:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-f ... h-heritage
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:50 am

Alchemical Power Components:
Orb spells gain the following when using an alchemical items appropriate to the damage type (alchemist fire or acid bottle for fire and acid orbs respectively)
(F): The spell deals +1 point of damage.
(M): The spell lasts 1 round longer than normal.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:35 am

The spell Blood Money has the [Evil] descriptor.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:37 am

Stacking enchantments on a single item will suffer increased cost for subsequent enchantments (in the spirit of RAW, but not necessarily the stated 50% increase, well flavored items can be reduced to as low as 5% increased cost). All stacked enchantments will be priced at DM discretion on a case by case bases.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Flexibility added to Amazing Initiative:

You can burn 1MP to gain an extra standard action. You can't use this ability to cast/activate an extra spell, SLA, or spell trigger/spell completion magic item per turn.

SU abilities are tentatively allowed.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:25 am

(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Cohorts and Mythic:

You are welcome to take on cohorts, however they will not be Mythic. This is for 2 reasons:

A (or in story/fluff reason):
You all acquired your mythic power from the Wardstones which no longer exist. You do not have any other source of Mythic power (and for all intents and purposes the other sources have Evil associations).

B (or the "keeping the game sane reason"):
I'm going to be honest here, I'm having trouble challenging the 5 of you with Mythic powers. I don't need another 5 Mythic cohorts to deal with.

This campaign is about YOU being the heroes, the champions, the people who will be spoken of in the bard's tales. Not the 5 Champions and their 5 other best friends! I will do my best to keep combat balanced, and even non-mythic, I think cohorts should still be viable in combat if that's what you want to do. How well you roleplay interaction with your companion (i.e. DO you make effort to interact with your companion?) will also influence how they level and whether or not they stay with the group. Remember, your companions are people with thoughts and feelings and goals of their own.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:38 pm

Creating Custom Infinite Uses/Infinite Duration items:
The default assumption if you are making a custom item is that it will be infinite uses per day, but will still require activation. Talk with me before each item though as this rule is going to be prone to exceptions. I'm erring on the side of caution by setting this as the default, and allowing me to free-form cost multipliers for some effects that have constant effect examples (e.g. constant Expeditious Retreat follows from Boots of Striding and Springing)
(|)
(|)

Return to “Wrath of the Righteous”