Post and discuss character's here

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Teodor Vormav, Laharl Version Epsilon

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:21 am

updated these two and rebalanced them a bit for triple-damage rule.

PSVB (Plasma-Sheathed Vibration Blade) Buster Blade
––Treated as a Hand-and-Half weapon
Weapon: Diamondsteel mastercraft [+3] keen Bastard Sword
Attack Bonus: +3
Damage: 6d8+3 +6d4SFire +6d4Energy
Critical: 17-20/x2
Type: Slashing, Adamantine, Diamond
Weight: 6lbs
==========
Base Improvements:
• Antioxide Treatment: Blade is immunity to rust and acid.
• APS (Adhesive Plasma-Sheath) Generator & Focuser: A switch on the handle activates the advanced technology embedded within an APS sword’s guard and blade, coating the blade with a near-liquid form of shimmering blue plasma energy. A active energy dissipation coating prevents damage to the blade structure, while focused magnetic fields keeps the plasma from moving down the guard or flinging out upon swings. However, the focus field is temporarily disabled on hard contact with any material, releasing plasma to damage target structure before the diamondsteel blade cleaves through. The plasma-sheath deals +6d4 points of searing-fire damage and +6d4 points of energy damage. This damage is multiplied upon a critical hit. Furthermore, the damage lingers for 1 round.
• Power Supply: A tiny cylindrical power cell may be attached to a partially armored slot below the hilt. A standard Imperium EC-P4 power cell may power the blade for up to 2 minutes (move action to reload).
• Ultrasonic Core: The same switch also activates the blade’s ultrasonic generator fixed within the hilt, generating ultrasonic vibrations along the blade’s edge for increased cutting power. This increases damage dice by one size. Combined with the plasma-sheath, this allows the blade to cut into armor with little difficulty. The blade ignores the effects of natural armor, as well as armor (including hardness & damage reduction) of hardness below 35 (+2 per enhancement).

Heavy Rail-Pistol
––Treated as a Medium Two-Handed Ranged Weapon.
Weapon: Pistol
Attack Bonus: +4
Damage: 9d6
Critical: x2
Range: 150ft Increment
Type: Ballistics
Ammo: 8/clip (4mm U-shells)
Reload: Move Action
Weight: 4lbs
==========
Base Improvements:
• Laser Pointer: Provides precision targeting, granting +2 equipment bonus to attack and doubling the effects of taking aim (including the bonuses of Dead Aim feat). May be deactivated to keep from targeting pointer from being noticed.
• Power Supply: A tiny cylindrical power cell may be attached through the side. A standard Imperium EC-P4 power cell may power the pistol for up to 40 shots (full action to change).
• Recoil Dampener: Dampens the reactive recoil of shooting, granting a +2 equipment bonus to attack and halves the penalty to Rapid Shot, auto-fire, and similar effects.

Also, I figure your char now had enough time to figure out how to activate this using the technomagic interface:
You'll need another Vision (-100XP) for it though. And you have 10 of the power packs (which actually weigh a few pounds).

Plasma Carbine
––Treated as a Medium Two-Handed Ranged Weapon
Weapon: Rifle
Attack Bonus: +4
Damage: 12d6
Critical: x2
Range: 100ft Increment
Type: Half Searing-Fire, Half Energy
Ammo: 20/pack
Reload: Full Action
Weight: 8lbs
==========
Base Improvements:
• Laser Pointer: Provides precision targeting, granting +2 equipment bonus to attack and doubling the effects of taking aim (including the bonuses of Dead Aim feat). May be deactivated to keep from targeting pointer from being noticed.
• Power Supply: A power pack may be attached through the side. A standard Imperium PE-P5 power cell may power the carbine for up to 20 shots (full action to change).
• Recoil Dampener: Dampens the reactive recoil of shooting, granting a +2 equipment bonus to attack and halves the penalty to Rapid Shot, auto-fire, and similar effects.

btw, note: you don't want to fire these things too fast, either side effects may occur from intense recoil, or things will overheat (shrug)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Teodor, on one of his intelligence-gathering trips to Norinth, figures he'd better look into the Imperial commanders, as he doesn't really know anything about them.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:50 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:29 pm

On Teodor's next intel trip, he looks both for general military information regarding troop moves, especially in the Fens, and for the locations of the Space Cannons.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:12 pm

as far as general information from the soldiers and civilians go, there are no forces within the Fens once the Brigade near the Naralan border has been withdraw, and all forces in Norinth seems to be stationary currently, stationed in bases to mutually support one another from Trias to Aurora. However all forces are on maximum readiness, ready for battle at a moment's notice, and because of that leaving the bases to go into town has become a lot more problematic. But whatever is coming, it's about to get huge. Almost all of the Legion's ground forces from Astraea had been pulled to Norinth in the past week for that reason, and both the Imperium industry and the Norinth artificing industry had been pressed into overtime (they've been at 100% since the Imperials took over).

the Emperor is also paying a personal visit to Trias to inspect the damage and see to the victims of the raid on the 28th.

Most of them haven't heard a thing about space cannons. You had to bluff your way out of suspicions raised.

anything else will require you to actually take the time for a deep infiltration of an imperial base.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:48 pm

One of Kharva's remaining operatives tell you that a certain Citadel officer by the name of Dmitri is scheduled for public execution by disintegration in the afternoon of the 27th, apparently the Enforcers are bringing him into Trias from Borea for the event, and it'll be held at city center near the destroyed Gating Keep.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Late at night on the 28th, one of your operatives in Norinth reports that during a late infiltration attempt, they manage to seize some crucial information on Imperial military structure and even their current research projects, and also managed to escape with a prototype weapon design of sorts, although he doesn't understand technology enough to fully know what it does - only that it's some sort of light cannon which may be used by a single person if need to. However, the branch was discovered during the mission and two members were lost, and the Imperials and Norinthners have also identified his identity. So he's been hiding out inside Trias since, and he doesn't believe he'll be able to make it out of the city without blowing cover and getting caught. So he's requesting aid in helping him hightail out of there while bring the prototype out with him.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:21 am

Some information for Teodor from the remaining Citadel in Norinth.

IMPERIUM ASSAULT BRIGADE structure:
Units:
• Flag Platoon: HQ Squad, 4 Knight Squads
• Front Battalion: 2 Armor Company, 2 Infantry Companies, 1 Artillery Company, HQ Squad
• Front Battalion: 2 Armor Company, 2 Infantry Companies, 1 Artillery Company, HQ Squad
• Central Battalion: 4 Grenadier/Mage Company, 1 Command Company (including Air), HQ Squad
• Rear Battalion: 1 Engineering Company, 3 Supply Companies, 1 Transport Company, HQ Squad

The Knight Squads contain all the METAACs
Armor companies for MBTs, Infantry companies with IFVs and infantry units, artillery companies with a combination of Howitzers and MLRS.
Grenadier and Mage companies involves IFVs with grenadier infantry (close combat troops) or mage infantry.
Command Company is in charge of their massive landship command vehicles (along with the aircraft it deploys).
Engineering company and supply companies handle logistics (obviously). The transport company is responsible for dealing with their space-going Battle Barges.
Additional logistic units are spread out amongst each company, and almost all companies have what Imperials call "ADATS" vehicles - missile carriers - for support.

Also, Teodor notices something with all the information he's received thus far. There has been very little information on the Crimson Blades brigade with exception to the fact they're an elite force and whom their commander is. As a matter of fact, the Crimson Blades were not deployed during the First Battle of Trias so no-one in Penthiae has seen them in action, and information on them has been relatively tight. Most of the soldiers just know it's an elite force with a particularly bloody reputation.
Furthermore, while all the other Brigades are listed as "Assault Brigades", the Crimson Blade is listed as a "Flag Brigade". Furthermore, the entire force estimate of the Imperium was made using the basis of forces within an assault brigade and simply multiplying their forces.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:27 am

Another news from the spies in Norinth:

Lately, there's been a number of major top-secret projects that's been draining a significant portion of Norinth's limited artificing economy. It seems that due to the need to contract civilian artificers to expedite progress on some of these, security has open some apparent holes. The Citadels managed to acquire information that provided a bare 'hint' at three of these projects - and apparently all three are METAAC projects.

1. Project Sherbet - It mention upgrades and components to the METAAC , which apparently in the name of Rika's METAAC. The project is lead directly by Hikari Kuribayashi and apparently dropped the most leaks. One of the people working on it mentioned something alone the lines of "Sevenfold Core".

2. Project Longinus - A project surrounding the METAAC , the name of Kayeten's METAAC. This is mostly overseen by the Arcanum so not much information is found.

3. Project Gespenst - This is apparently a far larger project than the other two. However all the personnel involved (which includes a good amount of Norinthners) were taken to the Imperial world of Astraea instead. Because of that though, this is more likely a longer termed research project than anything else.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:41 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:12 am

Later during the day on May 31th, the Citadels in Norinth bring more news -
During the day, all Imperium bases across Norinth have recalled their forces back into their bases and began enforcing a full lockdown: troops are no longer allowed to leave base without special reasons. The alert levels have also been raised across Norinth, and the Blacklore Guards have stepped into the next level of organizing citizen watch across the countryside, and distributed their 'radios' to these militia, forging an impressive communications net. Furthermore, at least one Imperium Battle Barge or Freighter have arrived at each of the major Imperium bases across Norinth. Since the landing of the Imperium Field Legion those massive ships only come to bring their next load of supplies (with exception for two of them permanently detached at select bases), but it hasn't really been long since their last supply run. They could simply be maximizing their ammunition depots for the upcoming battles though.

EDIT:
Furthermore, interesting enough one of the latest goods the Imperials seems to have ordered in large quantities from the Norinth artifice industry is a large number of Protection from Evil rings, thousands of them. It's unlikely that the Norinth artifice will manage this in time for the campaign, but the item in question is simple enough that even they should be able to produce a significant quantity of in the time available.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:22 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:01 am

During the last battle, Teodor noticed that his radar functioned normally for a few minutes, then went completely hazy. It was picking up enemies where he know they aren't there, and then those signals just vanish seconds later. While most of the signal return is just... blurry, as if instead of 'yes' or 'no's it was returning 'maybe's.
|

()

Return to “Characters”