Post and discuss character's here

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Character Creation Discussions

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:45 pm

people: I'd like to remind you that EAGER weapon enhancement's initiative bonus is unlisted, and therefore by my rules (no special ruling for this one) is a competence bonus, and thus does not stack with BELT OF BATTLE. That enhancement is pretty much just used for a free quick draw.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:10 pm

I just took a look at Cael, and his CCW/Repair Crit SLAs are listed as level 14 slots...should that be 4?

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:06 pm

a thought on party issue - should the party reassign Klaus elsewhere (to Kovis' squad I'm thinking, that's where most of the Skirmishers are currently) ? of course it means you won't have his scouting abilities directly accessible to party, but it also means no-one needs to take care of turns/exactly details for his character, not to mention taking Klaus out of the XP loop.

DISCUSS! (or vote... take your pick)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:18 pm

I say yes, reassign.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:24 pm

I say leave the decision to Dave. I wouldn't mind a larger share of loot, but since Dave has volunteered to to run him, it's really his call.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:06 pm

yeah, I'm going to second Drew here. From what I can see, Klaus's scouting is overshadowed by Teodors, and his extra contribution to the party is a bit of damage each round. While nice, it's not critical to the party.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Now that Teodor has his sensors, he can scout better than Klaus (Klaus doesn't have Steadfast Perception constantly, much less at 30mi range!), though the professional scout is still sneakier in a wild setting when Superior Invisibility isn't an option for whatever reason. That said, I don't really know how the hell to level him, and Marty never included his gear on the character sheet for some reason, just the bonuses. So...running him is kinda frustrating sometimes.

I don't know what kind of shape Kovis's squad is in, but Klaus's job with us is basically to try (and fail at least a decent portion of the time, concentration is too easy to boost) to disrupt casting and occasionally pull off a sick, sick shot (like that REDEIN he nailed).

The real advantage to hanging on to him is the caster disruption. Remember how annoying the shooter was back at Trelling? Same idea for us. He is, however, almost as useless against METAACs as our walking sensor unit, though he can try to snipe pilots once they eject.

I'm not quite sure where all this falls, I'll get back to you guys later today.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:53 pm

It may be prudent to just assign to Klaus as the Scout Captain, and leave him at the fort. If we need him, we call him up.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:06 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:31 pm

I don't think we need to go that far, per se. But it's true we will need someone at the keep who's of a decent level. The problem with leaving Klaus is that he's not commander.

Active Characters:

Return to “Characters”