To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm

You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:42 pm

Mage of the Arcane Order is another good one, though it costs a few feats. The versatility of spellpools is not to be underestimated, as they give you access to every PHB Sor/Wiz spell. You'd also get a few free spells (not sure how that would work, since you don't have a spellbook, though), a couple bonus metamagic feats (works well with incantatrix abilities), and a few bonus languages. The downside? It costs a feat for Cooperative Spell.

Halruaan Elder, from Shining South, would require some alterations to fit Dai's game, but is really kind of nice, given that it allows you to further reduce meta adjustments. It also costs multiple feats, though...

I'm pretty sure Dai banned this, but the War Mage (Dragonlance Age of Mortals) is insane. +3 damage/die, Cha to AC for a bunch of nearby allies (you too), bonus metamagic feats, all in 5 levels for the low low cost of two feats, maybe one, depending on your precise feat selection.

War Wizard of Cormyr (Magic of Faerun) will cost you a couple feats, but gives you Sudden Widen 1+Cha/day, two bonus metamagic feats, and doubles the effect of Widen (note that the class is 3.0, so 3.5 Widen with this would be...+200%, rather than +100%, I think).

Also, when did you ask for PrC suggestions? I have no memory of this...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:11 pm

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Last edited by Zanaikin on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:17 pm

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:41 am

Scott: Don't forget to level up your characters. Ask someone for help if needed.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Yes, yes, yes, I know. I've just been a tad busy lately, what with two exams coming up and all.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:24 pm

Caelotheir (Gating Arrow of Dusk), Dhouath (Falcon Lance) Class House Ansrikyvin Air Combat Staff
––Quarterstaff composed of refined mithral with an enlarged mace-like head on one end. Six vertical slotted slits are spread evenly around the head, with three smaller slots sized to fit wands, and three larger slots sized to fit rods or scepters. Three lines of intricately carved ancient Elven magic runes run down the staff. A large bright red ruby is laid into the center of the staff, partially encased by mithral with its two side hemispheres revealed. Miniature chains of lightning could be seen flashing across the inside of the ruby gem. A moderate quartz crystal is encased above it on the haft, surrounded by four small quartz crystals.
Weapon: Mithral mastercraft [+1] Quarterstaff
Weapon Enhancement: +1 Skillful/+1 Eager
Focus Enhancement: +8 Focus[Evocation] Horizon
Caster Level: 25
Special Abilities:
• Caelotheir may install up to three wands, plus three rods or scepters in its frontal section. Installing a rod, wand, or scepter takes a move action, while extracting it takes a free action. Installed rods, wands, and scepters cannot be activated individually.
• Caelotheir may install an additional rod at the bottom of the staff. This slot is designed for the attachment of a rod of absorption (or similar version) and will not function for any other rod. When installed, the wielder may activate the rod of absorption and use its functions as if holding it. Spells cast using magic reserve from a rod of absorption may be channeled through the staff.
• The wielder may activate all installed wands and sceptors with a single full-round action (elven command word). All triggered spells must target a single creature or position. All spells triggered uses their wielder’s caster level and saving throw DC, as if cast from a staff.
• The wielder may activate all installed metamagic rods to boost a single channeled spell.
• The wielder gains +30 competence bonus to concentration checks made to cast spells, and +60 competence bonus to spellcraft checks made to cast epic spells.
• The wielder may resize the staff to a rod as a swift action. When shrunken, Caelotheir may still be used as a spell focus and spell-trigger wands (although they lose the staff effect). Installed rods and scepters cannot be triggered in rod form.
• The staff or rod automatically levitates in its height when released in midair.
• Caelotheir’s core may project an illusionary spellbook with infinite pages. Even though the spellbook isn’t physical, spells may be inscribed into the spellbook magically by casting it into Caelotheir’s core (even if the normal spell range is personal). The spell does not produce its normal effects, instead its information is stored in Caelotheir, and may be projected along with the spellbook. Since it’s a projected image of data, Caelotheir may organize the spellbook in any manner (including not showing certain spells). The spellbook’s spells is kept in runic symbolic writing (see Geometer’s Book of Geometry Class Ability – Complete Arcane)

Spell-like Abilities (can be powered with invested spell slots of the same level):
• Cure Critical Wounds (3/day) – level four spell slot
• Detect Magic (at will)
• Detect Scrying (constantly active)
• Read Magic (at will)
• Repair Critical Damage (3/day) – level four spell slot (Spell Compendium)

Intelligent Weapon Abilities:
• Item Familiar (Improved Sapience x 3, Spell Use)
• Intelligence 20, Wisdom 16, Charisma 20, Ego ??
• 60ft Sight & Hearing, Empathic & Telepathic (120ft) Communication, Speak/Read Languages (Aquan, Auran, Common, Draconic, Elven, Sylvan)
• Skills:
o Concentration: +28 (28ranks), +30 Casting
o Decipher Script: +20 (5int, 15ranks)
o Knowledge[Arcana]: +33 (5int, 28ranks)
o Knowledge[History]: +20 (5int, 15ranks)
o Knowledge[Nature]: +20 (5int, 15ranks)
o Knowledge[Nobility]: +15 (5int, 10ranks)
o Knowledge[Religion]: +20 (5int, 15ranks)
o Knowledge[the Planes]: +20 (5int, 15ranks)
o Spellcraft: +33 (5int, 28ranks), +60 Epic

Legacy Abilities:
• Aero Swathe (Boost): Command word activation by expending a fifth level spell slot. Caelotheir utilizes its bound air elementals to envelope the wielder in a mantle of dense cyclonic air, imposing a penalty of –1 per four caster levels (–5 max) on all attack rolls and weapon damage rolls while in the air (effectively +5 AC & DR 5/– while in midair). In addition, thrown and projectile weapons (but not siege projectiles) targeting the wielder have a 50% chance of being deflected. These bonuses do not stack with the benefits of Air Mastery. This boost lasts for up to 1 minute per level.
• Aeroblast Barrel (Mode): Command word activation by expending a ninth level spell slot. Caelotheir proceeds to open a portal within itself to the elemental plane of air, drawing in power and firing off a burst of super-compressed air alongside each evocation attack spell cast through the staff. When used with any spell, the compressed air burst interferes with movement of targets caught within area (or a single burst, if it’s a multi-burst spell like Fire Storm), imposing a penalty of –4 AC, –4 reflex saves, and negates evasion (reduce improved evasion to evasion, does not work against evasion gained from cover or shielding spells like Deflection) against the spell. If the boosted spell has the [air] or [cold] descriptor, the blast of air augments the destruction of the spell, maximizing any damage dealt. If the boost spell has the [fire] descriptor, the compressed air fuels the fiery burst and causing the spell to become explosive (as the metamagic effect). This mode may be maintained for one round per caster level.
• Counterfire Burst (Counter): Upon casting any multi-targeting [fire] spell, such as Fire Brand or Fire Storm, Caelotheir may store one burst of the evoked power to be used later. The stored elemental energy may remain up to 5 rounds, and may be discharged as an immediate action to provide effects equivalent to a single burst version of the original spell.
• Storm Impulse (Boost): Command word activation by expending a seventh level spell slot. Caelotheir wraps visible cyclonic bands of bound elemental air around the wielder’s arms and ankles and with four small pairs translucent shimmering wings of elemental air and force energy. The effect provides fly speed equal to 20ft per caster level (300ft maximum) with perfect maneuverability. The speed granted by this ability is not subject to further increment through enhancement. This boost lasts for up to 1 hour per caster level.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Jens CIS:

Jens CIS

HP: 140/140 (30)
AC: (9armor, 5dex, 4cover, 5insight, 4nat, 6deflect, 6sacred)

Buff Effects:
Superior Invisibility
Spellsurge
Enlarged True Sight
Death Ward
DR 15/adamantine (225max)
Indomitability
Cold Res 30
Ignore first 120 pts cold damage
Warm Shield

AP burn: 2

Saves:
Fort +24
Ref +25
Will +32

Spell DCs: 35+spell level

Spells:
Sorc:
5:
6: 5/7
7: 3/7
8: 4/6
9: 2/4

Warmage
5: 7/7
6: 7/7
7: 4/5
8: 3/4
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:46 pm

Last edited by Squall255 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:00 pm

You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:14 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:05 am

O_O Ummm... wow...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: Jens von Buumstic, Scott's character

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:29 pm

|

()

Return to “Characters”