Chapter 1: In the Eye of the Raven

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Chapter 1: In the Eye of the Raven

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Based on everyone's input, and prior experiences, you and your companions are certain that this was a textbook Ghoul Ambush [Knowledge Local/Religion Auto Success]. The riders, who appear to be mercenaries (based on their lack of uniform dress), rode into down, and stopped because their mounts began to panic [Survival Success]. A short while later, at least a dozen ghouls hit them from all sides [Perception/Survival Success]. The riders appear to have put up a meager fight, killing four of the ghouls before their party was pulled down. From the center of the action, you can infer that at least two or three of the riders managed to break the encirclement and ride north, and that a few of them made a break for the ruined farmhouse about 60ft away, with the many ghouls in hot pursuit [Survival Success].

Alvar, Athaulf, and Wessel, based on what they recall from the war, think that, assuming the ghouls haven't moved on, their may be anywhere from 5-15 of them lurking nearby [Knowledge Local/Religion Auto Success].

(Go).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Satella casts Cone Sense Magic (aka Detect Magic) on the pile of corpses, trying to identify any lingering spell residue (or presence of any magic items).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed May 02, 2012 2:39 am

Each of the riders carried magic armor, at least one magic weapon, and another miscellaneous magic item or two. Satella is pretty certain that all of their gear is low grade.

Go.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 04, 2012 6:14 am

*Zombie Crickets Chirp*

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:15 pm

(Sorry I think I'm technically the party leader. Been busy withLauren's parents being in town this week.)

Sharos whispers"I don't think we can just leave these bodies like this. We should at least move them into the building and cover them sincewedon't have time for a propper burial."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:35 pm

"The ghouls that ambushed them are likely still nearby. If we do take care of the bodies, we will need to move cautiously. I would simply burn them- it is an honorable end, and they will likely end as ghoul food if we do not."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 pm

(Back from philly con :) )
Wessel says, "Whatever we do, we must do it quickly, before the ghouls return to feast on the corpses."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:51 pm

"Ok burning it is." (Assuming I know Dai detected magic): "Anything we should salvage? Rings or necklaces that might hold meaning or power? To aid us or for anyonewho could ID them."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 08, 2012 8:06 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu May 10, 2012 3:48 am

In all, Satella acquires:

Magic Amulet
Magic Ring, x5
Magic Shortsword, x3
Magic Schimitar
Magic Headband
Magic Rod
Magic Wand, x3

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 am

"Athulf would you like to say a quick prayer? Alvar please get out an alchemist fire." Sharos says as he looks at the pile with a tinge of fear, his sense of urgency rising to meet with that of the groups.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 10, 2012 12:46 pm

|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Athaulf nods in agreement. "Running might be counter productive, but we should definitely clear out fast."

He then begins to chant a quiet prayer as he sprinkles the oil liberally onto the bodies.

"...and we commend your souls to the care of the Eternal Sun, that you may be illuminated forever in the next world. Amen."

He finishes, and turns to Alvar.

"I have done all I can. Light their way, and let us be gone."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Fri May 11, 2012 3:09 am

(So, I don't actually have any alchemist fire on me. Drew, could I either make one in a short amount of time or jury-rig a bomb to just ignite?)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Game Threads”