Chapter 1: In the Eye of the Raven

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Chapter 1: In the Eye of the Raven

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed May 23, 2012 2:26 am

Alvar and Wessel scour the entirety of the totem and turn up nothing that even remotely looks like a trap.

(Squall, give me a Linguistics or Intelligence Check)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:28 am

Linguistics:

If he can't figure it out, he lets the others give it a shot.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed May 23, 2012 2:38 am

The script is druidic, and based off of a wild elven dialect that is popular in the region (The Northern Rivvenmarches). After reviewing the script several times, Sharos is unable to decode the exact message, but is fairly confident that it's basically a warning left behind by a wild elven tribe that was forced to leave the area. In particular, the following words and phrases stand out:

Blighted Land.
Cursed Brethren.
Fog.
Witches.
Wolf.
Zarovich.

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 am

"Well I don't really know the exact wording here, but I think this gives us a partial origin of these werewolves we've heard about. Let's start looking." Sharos says after letting anyone who wants to take a look at the scroll before rolling it up and placing it back in the totem. "But you'd think a warning like that would be written in a more common tongue. I guess even Wild elves are given to be a little pompus."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 am

*crickets*

*jk, there's no sound*

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat May 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Sharos and Torgal begin searching the area for the Werewolves spreading out to no more than 5ft from each other as there is no sound. and begin sweeping to the edge of the glade, looking for anything that might indicate where the Werewolves have gone.

Sharos Perception:
Torgal Perception:
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat May 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Once again, the only tracks that Sharos and Torgal find seem to correspond to humans sized creatures and small folk.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Sharos and Torgal (and whoever else wants to follow) tries to follow the footprints.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu May 31, 2012 3:40 am

The footprints correspond to the path you're already on. Odd, considering the footprints are relatively recent, and the fact that roads into Barovia haven't been frequented for a long time.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Sharos agrees and Torgal leads any who follow along their original path.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 pm

"Agreed, let us continue our journey," Wessel says as he follows Sharos and Torgal.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Game Threads”