Chapter 1: In the Eye of the Raven

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Chapter 1: In the Eye of the Raven

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 11, 2012 3:39 am

Alvar is able to produce the necessary flame very quickly, and before long a small column of smoke begins to make its way towards the sky.

Hours continue to while by as you and your companions marched on. In the sky, the Sun had finished it's ascension and prominence, and now begun to ceed the world to evening. Your path had taken you through patches of forest and clearings allike, with little sign of the dread that fills most tales of he North. Then, in but a brief moment, the nature of all things seemed to change, drastically.

Coming out of a small patch of forest into a clearing, you and your companions were greeted by a meadow locked in an eerie silence. The fall wind continued to rush through the trees, but with no sound to herald its passing. Likewise, the call of birds and prey faded and disappeared as you moved forward, until, like the wind, they fell silent; as though flora and fauna alike were given no voice in this place.

But, perhaps, what most drew your attention was the object that stood in the ground to the right of the path. A thick, round pole, rooted into the ground, it's barken exterior charred and painted with barbaric symbolism. Another, smaller pole, laying across the top, draped with animal firs and other druidic fetishes. Finally, a dire wolf's skull, painted red, with a piece of tarnished parchment punctured through it's canines.

(Go).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Knowledge[nature] check: 14+11 = 25
Knowledge[religion] check: 6+6 = 12 <_<

Satella also casts Sense Magic (aka Detect Magic) to scan for nearby auras and aura residues
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

(No rolls till tonight)

"I think we may have found the werewolves guys. I think we should stayclose and hae Torgal lead us." (Can we hear each other in the silence area, or are we just moving our mouths?
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 11, 2012 2:32 pm

(You can hear each other normally).

Satella's not familiar with any of the symbols or writing, though, if she had to make an educated guess... druidic?

EDIT: The statue bear's no trace of magic whatsoever.

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Sharos gets the group to tighten ranks as Torgal leads the group into the grove (assuming no objections since no one has posted). Torgal uses his survival skills to try to find any tracks or traces of anything that's been in the area recently, especially anything that could be indicative of werewolves:

Torgal Survival:
Torgal Perception:
Sharos Know(Nature):
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed May 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Torgal searches the area around the grove, but comes to interesting conclusion. There are tracks, but they seem to be of humans and smaller folk, with no sign of wolves, were, or not.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu May 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Wessel also keeps a close watch for anything indicative of an ambush being laid for the group.
Perception:
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:22 pm

"Hmm. Looks like we have two options here folks. Move on and hope we don't upset the Druids who live here, or seek them out as potential allies. My vote is to seek them out. They seem to be decently powerful in this area to ward off the sounds. Maybe they will know what's causing the undead imbalance. If we don't find them within say 6 hours then we can move on and not lose more time."
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat May 19, 2012 3:48 pm

"Sounds good to me. We could use some allies around here."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm

"I concur."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat May 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Wessel silently nods in agreement, remaining alert for possible ambushes.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Sharos sees the parchment in the totem for the first time, asks Wessel to check for traps and then (assuming negative) takes down and reads the parchment.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

(Wessel doesn't actually have Trapfinding, but its still worth a shot. Yay, Pathfinder!)

Wessel examines the totem, looking for anything that indicates a trap.
(Perception: )

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:39 pm

*I meant Avlar, sorry didnt realize that the ninja doesn't have trapfinding and that the alchemist does. My aren't we a band of misfits? :P
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed May 23, 2012 1:53 am

(Oh hey, I have trapfinding. I haven't looked at this sheet in any detail in about eight months.) Alvar gives Wessel a chance to look over the totem before grinning and taking a closer look himself. (Perception 11+11=22)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Game Threads”