Chapter 0: Summons to Bavara

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Chapter 0: Summons to Bavara

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:09 am

After bantering and laughing a bit more, Zareth approached Sharos. Offering him what a appeared to be a signal whistle on a chain of mithral.

“I tend to travel around quite a bit, but should you ever require my services, simply sound this whistle, and I’ll see what I can do.” He said, after which he shook Sharos’ hand and walked back over to his carriage.

“I bid you all a warm farewell!” Zareth said, waving his cap. Then a blur of shadow and wind, he and the carriage disappeared.

“Good man, Zareth.” Grigori noted, before continuing, “Well, unless you have other business out here, why don’t we head inside and get you situated?”

[What do you all do?]
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 am

Sharos thanks Zareth and then agrees with Grigori and heads inside for a glass of wine or a bottle of ale.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:00 am

Alvar joins the group inside, figuring that it's dinnertime. And that he can quaff some good ale.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Athaulf follows the others into the inn for dinner and ale.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Aine bows to Grigori in thanks for his offer, but leaves for outside, heading for nowhere in particular--- probably just enjoying the night air in the area a bit before she finds a close-by roof she could use to relax on.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Wessel wanders off into the shadows, preferring to scout out the vicinity of the inn before he heads inside for a meal.

Perception 1: 1d20+12 = 31
Perception 2: 1d20+12 = 19
Stealth 1: 1d20+15 = 35
Stealth 2: 1d20+15 = 25
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:53 pm

[OUTSIDE]
After searching for a bit, Aine believes the best the place to star gaze would probably be from the tower sitting on upon on the hill beind the Inn, or on the roof of a stone building in the boarded-up market.

Meanwhile, Wessel, manages to find four discernable ways into and out of the inn (besides windows): the doubles doors as the front entrance, a side door on the south end facing the road, a read door, and a slanted door presumably heading down into the basement. He's also pretty certain that a someone was watching him from a window on the second floor while he was scouting out the basement entrance. Finally, he thinks he could hear a faint conversation happening near the boarded-up market.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:21 am

[INSIDE]
Alvar, Athaulf, and Sharos are lead inside to at least one of the most splendorous inns they’ve ever seen. In front of them lies a large eating area, with multiple large tables and padded seats. To either side of the large central area is a more casual seating area, with large comfy chairs and magnificent fireplaces. The craftsmanship is peerless throughout, and furnishings are equally impressive.
Present in the room are as follows:

A hardened dwarf warrior sitting in a chair near the front doors, presumably a bodyguard of some sort. His long beard and greying hair gives you the sense of his age, as does his face, wrought with as many scars as his greataxe has notches. His fullplate is warn and dented, but you can still make out that he is, was once, or still is, an elite guardsmen of some sort. He gives you a heart grin and nod as you enter.

A thoroughly unenthusiastic, slender human male standing by a desk off to the right. His clothing marks him as fairly well to do, and his long black hair is in a well kept ponytail. He spares you a complimentary nod as you enter, but nothing more.

A charming female elf bartender, who gives you an enticing wink as you move into the bar area. Her long, dark red hair falls playfully to her shoulders, and a golden symbol of Eros rests against her fine silk shirt.

A well-built half-orc sitting on a stool at the bar, who raises his glass to you before turning around and resuming his conversation with the elf. He’s relatively well-groomed for a half-orc, but still has an air roughness about him. His jet black hair and goatee are trim, and many earrings from either ear. He wears a brown leather jacket, a mithral chainshirt, brown pants, and red boots with wing symbols on the side. attached to his left side is a longsword with a golden hilt and finely cut ruby at the pommel.

A humanoid, probably a ranger of some sort, dressed in dark green, and sitting at a table, alone, smoking a long pipe. (DC Perception 20: It’s subtle, but he’s paying close attention to the human warrior sitting three tables away from him).

A human warrior, dressed in red and black armor, sitting alone and enjoying an ale. Overall, he generates a somewhat disturbing ambience with his bad teeth, ill-kept hair, and creepy smile. His scars and overall warn look indicate that he’s probably a mercenary of some sort. Though he bears no weapons beyond a knife strapped to his left leg. He wears a breastplate with a red symbol of a talon on the chest, and black leather pants with silver greaves.

Two Varangar Dwarves, and a Sveburgen female sitting at their own table. One of the dwarves bears a wolf-skin helm, and several pelts and furs on his chainmail suit, marking him undoubtedly as a priest of Turisa. The other bears the robes of mage, with a prominent symbol of Mithras on his chest. The barbarian is dressed, well, like a barbarian. The barbarian turns for a moment slightly towards you as you enter, but then otherwise ignore you. The dwarves are too distracted by their ale and laughter to notice you.

A black robed figure sitting at table far away from everyone. Most of his features are masked by his hood and the distance, but you definitely get the all-to-familiar “creepy necromancer” feeling from him.

A nobly dressed wizard, sipping wine and reading a tome of some sort at her own table. Her pointed ears and human features mark her as a half-elf, and her proper manner and shiny silver hair held by a fine, jeweled bind mark her as someone of wealth. She raises an eyebrow as your group enters, and seems to offer a curious, but ever-so-slight smile at Athaulf and Sharos, but otherwise seems fixated on her tome.

Three Vistani halflings, and a Vistani human, who don’t seem to be moved by your presence. Each is dressed like your common rogue, save for the human, who looks like a slightly more well-to-do rogue.

“Go find a seat and relax, yes? When you are ready to go to your room, let Tavek at the desk over there know.” He said, pointing to the slender human male, before heading towards the stairs.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

[Well, guys, thats your cue.]

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Satella takes the tower and camps out there, deciding to forgo setting up the tent this time since she doesn't want to draw attention to it in a place not that far from hostile territory.

After pulling out her bedroll and blanket, she laid there for some time, simply relaxing while looking at the stars. Then, as she started drifting off, she took a shot of absinthe and went into a trance as she continued to gaze at the night sky (Gift of Prophesy; Commune spell emulation):

1. Are there any hostile forces moving towards this location or planning to attack this position tonight? (security question; I'll be popping this nightly as we get into hostile territory).
2. Are the roaming dead in the mists of Barovia operating under a command structure of sorts?
3. Did the undead bands communicate with one another to set ambushes during Lord Katz' excursion into Barovia?
4. Are the undead created by or under the influence of Khasgaran necromancy?
5. Are the undead being controlled or directed in some way by King Zarovich?

(2 more left, may use depending on results)

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=1438
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Sharos and Torgal decide to follow up on the Half-Orc's toast and approach him. Torgal has to duck under some of the ceiling beams(being about 10' in height) but manages to make it over and puts on his best winning smile while Sharos initiates conversation.

"Hello and good evening to the both of you." Sharos starts, following with a compliment in each's native language. (Diplomacy: )
"Would you mind if my companion and I join you for a round this evening?"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Athaulf will get an ale at the bar and take a seat unobtrusively in the corner of the room. While drinking, he will quietly activate Detect Evil and scan the room. (Note that this is a Spell-Like ability, so it has no verbal or somatic components).
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

[Inside]
"A round of stout for my new friends here, Veiala (Vay-allah)." The half-orc says as Sharos Approaches, and continuing, "I've never seen one such as your companion before. Which plane is he from?"

-------

After a few moments of scanning, Athaulf determines that the warrior clad in red and black is definitely evil (both in alignment and intent) and the humanoid garbed in black seems to be having some dubiously moral considerations.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:39 am

"Which plane indeed." Torgal muttered, his eyes glazing over in a moment of contemplation, while Sharos followed up with "Well we're not really sure if he's from any plane at all to be honest. Been with me since childhood, when he was a child himself. And make it an Ale please." he calls to the barmaid.(assuming that's good form) "How about you good friend, you look like you have been training for something. The wars treat you well?"
(|)
(|)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

(Does he have the Aura of Evil of an anti-paladin or evil cleric, or is he just evil?)

Athaulf examines the evil warrior more closely, looking for any distinguishing features or insignias that might indicate a place of origin or affiliation. (Perception check: 1d20+8 = 21).
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Game Threads”