Chapter 0: Summons to Bavara

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Chapter 0: Summons to Bavara

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:35 pm

"My worry is that their response will not involve squirming, but rather sudden violence. We need to enter the country inconspicuously- the merchant ruse accomplishes that. However, we also need to stay together as a cohesive fighting force in case our disguise is penetrated. Detaching a part of the group as an official diplomatic mission both hurts our disguise and weakens our ability to defend ourselves if we should be found out and attacked, and I can't see any real benefit to doing it."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Sharos turns to Stella and signs "Calm down. He's our contingency in case things go bad. I know you don't like it but trust me."

He then turns back to Athaulf "If they planed violence I doubt they would have waited this long and allowed our all of the previous recon to return to us. Remember that the primary purpose is recon for this mission. Unless we've planned a strike the default action should be retreat and regroup. We aren't going in equipped to fight them head on in the first place. If they do turn on us then we return and report their allegiance, and return with the full force of two knighthoods. I realize that you don't like the idea of retreating, but that's the mission we've been given. This plan provides more opportunities to see how they react to our presence as well as get a view of how things are run when we aren't there. Besides who's going to trust us if we suddenly reveal that 'Oh, hey, we're with the knight's' after we've been claiming to be merchants for a few days?"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:29 pm

"Knight Shadowbane Lyone reported that previous missions sent into Barovia either took heavy losses or disappeared entirely. Now that we're actually digging into the details, it would be wise to inquire as to the precise specifics of what happened to them. However, it beggars belief to suppose that they just randomly ran into trouble that had nothing to do with being agents of the Knightly Orders poking around where they were not wanted.

"As to the feasibility of disguising myself, simply not displaying my holy symbols and using an Undetectable Alignment spell should suffice for anything but the most rigorous magical examination. I suppose I would have to change my cloak while under cover, unfortunately." He says, fingering the giant sun motifs on his brilliant gold cloak.

[Can we talk to Lyone / Armas about the detailed after-action reports of the previous teams that did return? Specifically, what hostile contact they had, when it occurred, and what contact they made with authorities]
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:39 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:41 pm

The Field Notes of Lt. Katz, team leader of the last strike team to return (about 8 months ago):
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:36 pm

"Hmm if it's that hard to get in, I don't know if a merchant ruse will work. Satella look into some extra dimensional sleeping space for us. Maybe try to play as a relief effort?"

"Torgal I think we should use you to try to contact the werewolves and see what they know."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:20 pm

"And what should I do?" Wessel says, finally speaking up after reading the field notes.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 pm

|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 pm

"Wessel, you've got your job cut out for you. I'd like some recon on the Ravenloft castle. I'd suggest we pick up some scrolls of invisibility, if not a wand. I'd suggest a scroll of Dimension door too." Sharos states before addressing the group.
"Either the enemy has a FUCKTON of numbers, or the mist doesn't hinder their vision as it does ours."
(|)
(|)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 pm

"With such heavy fighting just while crossing the forest, we should definitely avoid splitting ourselves up." Athaulf says, looking thoughtful. "Although the way the enemy fought was a bit odd. The presence of elite skeletal archers, mages, and vampire warriors in the ambush outside the city is a clear indication of organized, Khasgaran-backed foes, but the undead never acted openly within Barovia City, and if the defenses are in a state of disrepair from lack of maintenance there clearly haven't been direct attacks on the city.

"Regardless, we have to assume that the enemy will be aware of our presence as soon as we enter the forest, and we will almost certainly be attacked regardless of what we are disguised as. Although we might be able to avoid active opposition from elite foes if we appear to not be agents of the Light.

"Sharos, Dimension Door might not be worthwhile, the briefing did say that teleportation magic was unreliable within Barovia."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:03 pm

"I agree but unreliable when you're backed into a corner is better than nothing. And I wasn't concerned about fooling the ghouls, I assumed they would attack us on 'sight' as it were. I was more concerned with what we want the town and castle to think we are. And I agree that was a surprising amount of restraint on behalf of the minor undead. Definitely some powerful leadership there. With this much enemy attack power I concede to staying together as the best course of action. I almost wonder if we should seek out the werewolves and the tower before the city proper."
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:46 am

"I can pick up a wand of Tiny Hut or Rope Trick with ease. I think the best plan is to get both, honestly, given that one lets us sleep anywhere at the risk of easy interruption and the other allows us to use it as cover."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:44 pm

"From the way that Katz's team was ambushed by organized forces outside the town, its pretty clear that something was watching them through the forest. Whether that was the ghouls reporting to their master, divination spells, or something else entirely, we have to assume that we will be under surveillance through our whole journey.

"Of course any allies would be more than welcome, even such as werewolves. Do you think you could negotiate with them if we made contact? As for seeking them out before entering the city, that could be a good plan, but we should be ready to change tactics and go straight to the city if we're too beat up coming out of the woods."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:00 am

"Honest answer, I don't know. I figure having Torgal with us will help though. Who know's what they'll think of him. And agreed that we'll change plans as necessary."

To Alvar: "Pick up a few vials of grease while you're at it. We can coat the rope with it. Anything to give us a few extra moments."
(|)
(|)

Return to “Game Threads”