Laharl's Character

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Laharl's Character

Postby Laharl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:42 am

Alvar the Inquisitive
Neutral Male Human Alchemist 7
Favored Class bonus: 7 Skill Points
Deity: Mithras
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Gnome, Giant, Orc, Goblin, Sign Language

STR 10
DEX 17 = 15+2enh
CON 14
INT 22 = 17+2human+1level+2enh
WIS 12
CHA 13

HD 7d8+14
HP 70
AC 21 = 10+3Dex+6armor+1deflection+1natural
Touch 15
FF 18
Init +3 = +3Dex
Fort +11 = 5base+2Con+2resist+2GF; +4 vs poison, ignore nat 1
Ref +10 = 5base+3Dex+2resist
Will +6 = 2base+2Con+2resist

Attacks:
BAB +5
CMB +5=5BAB+0Str
CMD 18=10+5BAB+3Dex+0Str

Bombs
+8 20' ranged touch
4d8+8 vs corporeal undead
4d4+8 force vs everything else
Dispel: Targetted dispel on direct hit.
Explosive: Splash 10', catch fire (1d6/round) on failed save
Directed: 20' cone (40' cone with explosive)
Tanglefoot: Direct hit is entangled/glued to the floor, failed splash saves are entangled
Frost: Cold damage, failed Fort saves are staggered for 1 round
Splash: 12, DC 19

Mwk Longbow
+9, 100' ranged, 1d8

Skill Points/level: 4+1human+1FC+6Int=11/level
Skills:
Disable Device +16 = 7ranks+3Dex+3CS+3trapfinding
Knowledge[arcana] +16 = 7ranks+6Int+3CS
Knowledge[nature] +16 = 7ranks+6Int+3CS
Perception +11 = 7ranks+1Wis+3CS; +3 to find traps
Use Magic Device +12 = 7ranks+1Cha+3CS+1trait
Craft[alchemy] +16 = 7ranks+6Int+3CS ; +7 to create alchemical items
Heal +11 = 7ranks+1Wis+3CS
Survival +11 = 7ranks+1Wis+3CS
Spellcraft +18 = 7ranks+6Int+3CS+2insight
Stealth +13 = 7ranks+3Dex+3CS+1trait-1ACP
Appraise +16 = 7ranks+6Int+3CS

Feats:
Hu: Point Blank Shot
1HD: Precise Shot
B: Throw Anything
3HD: Great Fortitude
5HD: Endurance
7HD: Steadfast Determination [PHB2]

Traits:
Highlander: +1 Stealth, Stealth is always a class skill
Dangerously Curious: +1 UMD, UMD is always a class skill

Alchemist abilities:
Alchemy
Alkahest Bomb 7+Int/day (13) [Crypt Breaker]
Trapfinding [Crypt Breaker]
Precise Bombs [Grenadier]
Poison Resistance +4
Crypt Breaker's Draught - Light blindness, +4 Perception and one of darkvision 60, LLV, scent [Crypt Breaker]
Directed Blast 20' cone blast area, any one creature is main target [Grenadier]
Swift Alchemy

Discoveries:
Precise Bomb (Grenadier bonus)
Infusion (1st)
Explosive Bomb (3rd)
Tanglefoot Bomb (5th)
Dispelling Bomb (7th)
Frost Bomb (Bonus)

Extracts Per Day: 4+2/3+2/1+1 (DC 16+level)
Extracts:
1st: Bomber's Eye, CLW, Detect Secret Doors, Endure Elements, Expeditious Retreat, Shield
2nd: Barkskin, Blur, CMW, Invisibility, See Invisibility, Resist Energy, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb
3rd: Remove Curse, CSW

Starting Extracts: CLW x2, Shield, CMW, Resist Energy, Spider Climb, CSW

Gear: 2129
+2 belt of incredible dexterity, 2000
+2 headband of vast intellect, 4000
+2 chain shirt, 4250
+1 ring of protection, 2000
+1 amulet of natural armor, 2000
+2 cloak of resistance, 2000
Masterwork longbow, 375
20 arrows, 1
Spellbook, 15
Ring of Sustenance, 2500
Wand of Hide from Undead, 750
The Considerations of Lord Templeton the Obtuse

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Laharl's Character

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:07 am

Your custom item.

The Considerations of Lord Templeton the Obtuse
This finely made and alchemically preserved text is filled with page after page of mathematical equations and line after line of seemingly random numbers. At first, you dismissed it as nothing of importance, but night after night you found yourself inexplicably drawn to its contents. Finally, after weeks of working out the equations, you realized that the entire book is written in an immensely intricate mathematical code, and contains the author's notes and commentary about alchemy in general. Little by little, you are now unraveling the book's ten chapters.

Note: Anyone who is not an Alchemist of at least 2nd level suffers a -2 penalty to Intelligence checks, and Intelligence based skill checks for 1 hour if they attempt to read the text.

Chapter's Learned:
Portents of the Code: You gain a +2 insight bonus to Spellcraft checks
Potent Bombs: Your bombs deal an additional 2 point of damage (applies to splash)
Alternative Derivations I: Bonus Discovery
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 am

Crunch is done, with about 2k left over.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Backstory: Alvar was born to farmers near the Kievan-Khasgaran border in the year 2083, as humans measure time. When Alvar was nine, Khasgaran raiders came through and slaughtered most of his village, including his mother. Alvar's father took him and ran for the presumed safety of the Tharkavian Clanhold in the relatively nearby mountains. Unfortunately, it was considerably farther than expected and across rougher terrain. Alvar took to altitude with ease, scrambling over the rocks like he was born to it, but his father struggled with the altitude and terrain. It didn't help that Alvar's father, no hunter, was giving most of the food he managed to scrounge to his son. The two did eventually manage to reach the clanhold, but Alvar's father died moments after imploring the dwarves to take in his son.

Alvar was slow to adjust to his new life, between the low ceilings, the lack of lights, and not speaking a word of Dwarvish. He dove into language studies, so that he could at least communicate. Reading opened up so many doors for Alvar that he never really stopped, as he started tinkering and showed signs of a fairly prodigious intellect. His tinkering interests led him to start up with alchemy. It is said that there are two kinds of successful alchemists: the agile, who can be behind a thick wall within two and a half seconds, and the intelligent, who know exactly when to do that. Alvar was the rare alchemist who was both, at least by dwarven standards. Mere weeks after Alvar's graduation from alchemy college, the Plaguemarch began.

Alvar joined a group of dwarven mercenaries known as the Crypt Breakers to help him get his revenge on Khasgaran undead. They gave him quite a bit of specialized anti-undead training, as well as generic combat training, before sending him off to war. Alvar was enthusiastic, but not incredibly effective, as a soldier. His bombs were precise and devastating, but his lack of armor meant that he had to be carefully protected. During a mission to retake a small keep at the end of the war, Alvar found his eye drawn to a certain tome, which eventually he decided to just grab. Its mathematical code proved immensely difficult to crack, but after weeks of effort, he managed to decode the basics.

Return to “Characters”