Sharos(Squall's Character) & Torgal(Eidolon)

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sharos(Squall's Character) & Torgal(Eidolon)

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Squall's Summoner
Sharos Kevhand

LG Half-Elf Summoner 7
Favored Class: Summoner
Favored Class Bonus: 7/4 Evolution points for Eidolon (1 point)
Deity: N/A (Conversely, all. Sees VIEWS ON DEITIES)

Ability Scores:
STR: 10 +0 (10 base)
DEX: 13 +1 (13 Base)
CON: 14 +2 (14 Base)
INT: 16 +3 (15 Base)(1 Level)
WIS: 12 +1 (12 Base)
CHA: 21 +5 (17 Base)(2 Race)(2 Enhancement)

Stats:
HP: 7d8 + 14 = 70/70
Init: +1
Speed: 30 ft.

Defense:
AC:11 = 10(Base)+1(Dex)+
Fort: +8 = 2(Base)+2(CON)+2(Magic)+2(perfection)
Ref: +5 = 2(Base)+1(DEX)+2(Magic)
Will: +8 = 5(Base)+1(WIS)+2(Magic)
DR: None
Resistances: None
Immunities: Magical Sleep
Other: Shield Ally +2 to AC and saves
Other: +2 saves vs Enchantment

Offense:
BAB: +5
CMB: +5
CMD: 16

Skills:
+16 Bluff (7 Ranks)(3 Class)(5 CHA)(1 Trait)
+16 Diplomacy (7 Ranks)(3 Class)(5 CHA)(1 Trait)
+10 Handle Animal (2 Ranks)(3 Class)(5 CHA)
+ 9 Knowledge (Arcana) (3 Ranks)(3 Class)(3 INT)
+ 9 Knowledge (Nature) (3 Ranks)(3 Class)(3 INT)
+ 9 Knowledge (Religion) (3 Ranks)(3 Class)(3 INT)
+ 9 Linguistics (3 Ranks)(3 Class)(3 INT)
+ 3 Perception (1 WIS)(2 Race)
+13 Sense Motive (7 Ranks)(1 WIS)(3 Feat)(2 perfection)
+15 Use Magic Device (7 Ranks)(3 Class)(5 CHA)

Feats:
Race: Skill Focus Sense Motive
HD1: Spell Focus Conjuration
HD3: Augment Summoning
HD5: Extra Evolution
HD7: Superior Summoning

Traits:
Ease of Faith +1 Diplomacy and Diplomacy always a class skill (see Views on Deities)
Fast Talker: +1 Bluff, and Bluff always a class skill (See Early Signs)

Summoner Abilites:
Summon Monster IV 8/day (Standard action cast, 7 min duration)
Eidolon
Life Link: Ties Eidolon to 100ft. of me, can free action sacrifice Summoner HP 1:1 to prevent Eidolon from being dismissed(Free Action)
Bond Senses: Standard action experience Eidolon's senses. 7 Rounds/day
Shield Ally: Within Eidolon's reacy: get +2 Shield AC and +2 Circumstance onf saves.
Maker's Call: Standard Action dimension door CL 7 move Eidolon adj to summoner. 1/day

Spellcasting:
CL: 7

Level (/day): Known
0(-): Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Read Magic
1(6): Endure Elements, Grease, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil, Lesser Rejuvinate Eidolon
2(4): Barkskin, Lesser Evolution Surge, Glitterdust, Haste
3(2): Black Tentacles, Greater Invisibility

Gear:
Helm of Charisma +2
Cloak of Resistance +2
Ring of Sustenance
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50/50)
Wand of Endure Elements (50/50)
Scroll of Evolution Surge
Scroll of Evolution Surge
Scroll of Tongues
5595 GP
5000 GP

Custom Item:
Symbol of Ulturas
Powers:
Personal Enrichment (+2 Perfection Bonus with a single skill of your choice)
Empowered Eidolon +1 (Eidolon's abilities are as if the Summoner was one 1 level higher)
Personal Empowerment (+2 Perfection Bonus to a saving throw of your choice)

Description:
This small jade humanoid figure is about the size of a human hand, and bears strange markings that belong to a civilization long since passed. What you have been able to gather from research, is that Ulturas was an ancient deity who divided his essence amongst each of his people so that they might all share in his glory, and that his greatest servants were called "Eidelos". You have found that while in your possession, the figurine makes you feel empowered, and you suspect that this may not just be a mere feeling.

Half Elf Traits:
Low Light Vision
Adaptability: skill focus Sense Motive
Elf Blood: Elf and Human
Elven Immunities: +2 saves vs Enchantment, immune to magical sleep
Keen Senses: +2 Perception
Arcane Trainingg: use Spell Trigger and Spell Completion as a Summoner 1 level higher

Languages:
Common (base)
Elven (race)
Sign Language (Int)
Dwarven (Int)
Orc (Linguistics)
Halfling (Linguistics)
Gnome (Linguistics)

Backstory:
Sharos was born in XXXXXXXXX to an Elven father who had fallen in love with a human female. He loved his mother and she did her best to raise him, but their ideals often got in the way. The problems first arose from his mother’s attempt to hide his elven blood, claiming him to be Human as he was born to a Human mother, and his father was nowhere to be found, having gone adventuring before Sharos was born, not knowing of his sons existence. He knew that he was somehow different, and first discovered some of his potential when he was 4 years old. He was home doing some chores and was a little lonely, as all the other kids were busy too. He wished for a small creature to play with and when he looked back at his bed, he saw a small squirrel looking back at him, unafraid. He walked over to it and tentatively reached out his hand which the squirrel reached out and nuzzled for a moment or two before fading out of existence. His mother assured him that it was just his overactive imagination, but over the next few weeks he saw a few creatures that looked a little out of place but didn’t mention them. Then one day he was out gathering berries in the woods near his house and a wolf emerged from the woods and attacked him. In his fear, he witnessed a smaller creature of teeth and claws appear and fearlessly defend Sharos. After the wolf was scared off, the small creature looked at Sharos and smiled as if full of pride. Sharos cautiously approached his defender and stammered out a “thank you for saving me.” The beast, which he later learned was a wolverine then followed him home and disappeared shortly after his mother saw it. His mother, not being wise in the ways of magic, feared for her son’s future and promptly took him to see the local priests. He had a long talk with the priest about ideologies and actually enjoyed himself though he found that he tended to play Devils Advocate with the priest. Fortunately the priest didn’t take offense to Sharos queries and they developed a friendship over time.

After a few months of talk, his powers began to develop further, and he began to show signs of being able to cast spells. The priest noticed his talents and suggested he spend some time with one of the wandering bards and spell casters who were staying in town for a week for the Harvest Festival. They instructed him in some of the minutia of spell casting and encouraged him not to ignore his talents. They also taught him how to start experimenting to discover spells on his own, as well as how to use scrolls and wands.
He continued his training on his own, eventually discovering that he could use his thoughts to create a humanoid shape that could speak. He began to call this entity Torgal, and engaged it quite a few debates with him about his existence. His mother was scared of Torgal the first time she saw him, mainly due to the symbol that appeared on both her son’s forehead and Torgal’s chest, but mostly for the fact that Torgal had four arms. Over time she gathered an appreciation for having Sharos talents around the house, including the creatures he is able to summon.
However, within a few years, disaster struck his life. He was about 16 years old when his mother became deathly ill. Over the next week, she began to open up and talk to Sharos about his father, something she had never done before. She explained how he was a Elven Diplomat and told him his father’s first name, which is all she ever knew. After he buried her, he decided to go adventuring and try to find his father. He also desired to learn about the Elves, and his other half.
On his journeys to the east, he met with some traveling monks of Zan-Xsi, and had many wonderful debates with them. The monks claimed to recognize the symbol on his forehead and asked him to accompany them to one of their temples, which he did. When he arrived there, one of the head monks brought out a statue which bore the same symbol. Reaching out and touching it, he felt empowered by it. The kind monks who had no special love of the statue agreed to let him take it and see if he could discover it’s true powers. After that he spent some time with some rangers making his way through the TTTTTTTTTT Forrest. He eventually made it to one of the Elven courts and studied some magic. However after 2 years of study, he could tell that he did not fit in with the elves very well and returned to the human lands to make his way. That was when he came across his current adventuring group and he and Torgal decided to join them.

EARLY SIGNS:
*Parents did not believe that he could summon creatures, made him claim that he couldn't.

VIEWS ON DEITIES:
short version: Deities are ideas granted power through belief. The more that believe in the idea, the more power it gets. Whole church devoted to Heironeous, then Heironeous has lots of power. One man believes hard enough in an idea, it gains power -> become Eidolon. Yes this means he believes to have his own personal Deity.
Last edited by Squall255 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 15 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Squall's Character

Postby Squall255 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Reserved for Eidolon.

Name: Torgal
Eidolon stats: Biped
Large size

STR: 27 +8
DEX: 13 +1
CON: 18 +4
INT: 7 -2
WIS: 10 +0
CHA: 11 +0

HP: 57/57 (6d10 HD)
Init: +2
Speed: 30ft.

AC: 20 = 10+0(Armor)+0(Shield)+1(Dex)+10(Nat)-1(Size)
Fort: +11 = 5(Base)+4(Con)+2(Magic)
Ref: +5 = 2(Base)+1(Dex)+2(Magic)
Will: +7 = 5(Base)+0(Wis)+2(Magic)

BAB +6
CMB: +15
CMD: 26

Attacks:
4 +1 Claws: +13/+13/+13/+13 1d8+8 X2
Power Attack: +11/+11/+11/+11 1d8+12 X2
Rend: 1d8+12
10ft. Reach

Skills:
+10 Acrobatics 6(Ranks)+3(Class)+1(Dex)
+9 Perception 6(Ranks)+3(Class)+0(Wis)
+9 Profession (Miner) 6(Ranks)+3(Class)+0(Wis)
+9 Survival 6(Ranks)+3(Class)+0(Wis)

Feats:
HD1: Weapon Focus (Claw)
HD3: Power Attack
HD5: Improved Natural Attack (Claw)

Special:
Darkvision 60ft.
Link
Share Spells
Evasion
Devotion
Ability Score Increase(CON)(HD4)

13 Evolution Points:
Free: Limbs (arms)
Free: Limbs (Legs)
Free: Claws
4: Large Size
4: Reach w/ All Claws
2: Limbs (arms)
2: Rend
1: Claws

Gear:
Vest of Protection +2
Amulet of Natural Attacks +1
Last edited by Squall255 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Reserved for most common summoned monsters.

Entry 1: Celestial Wolverine. (numbers in () are rage stats)
Medium Animal

STR: 19 +4 (23 +6)
DEX: 15 +2
CON: 19 +4 (23 +6)
INT: 2 -4
WIS: 12 +1
CHA 10 +0

HP: 28(34) = 3d8+12+3(+6)
Speed: 30ft, 10ft burrow, 10ft climb

AC: 14(12) Touch: 12(10) FF:12(10)
Fort: +7(+9)
Ref:+5
Will +2
Resist: Acid Cold Electric 5
SR 7

Attacks:
2 Claws: +6/+6 (+8/+8) 1d6+4(1d6+6)
Bite: +6(+8) 1d4+4(1d4+6)

BAB: +2
CMB: +6(+8)
CMD: 18(20) +4 vs trip

Skills:
+10 Climb
+10 Perception

Feats:
HD1: Skill Focus (Perception)
HD3: Toughness

Low Light Vision
Dark Vision 60ft.
scent
Rage: on taking damage gets +4 str +4 con -2 AC
Smite Evil 1/day (+3 damage vs. evil foe lasts till enemy dead)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry 2: Celestial Dire Wolverine (Numbers in () are rage stats)
Large Animal

STR: 23 +6 (27 +8)
DEX: 17 +3
CON: 21 +5 (25 +7)
INT: 2 -4
WIS: 12 +1
CHA 10 +0

HP: 52 (62) = 5d8+25+5 (+10)
Speed: 30ft, Climb 10ft

AC: 16 (14) Touch:12(10) FF: 13(11)
Fort: +9 (+11)
Ref: +7
Will: +2
DR 5/Evil
Resist Cold Acid Electric 10
SR 10

Attacks:
2 Claws +10/+10 (+12/+12) 1d8+6(1d8+8)
Bite +9(+11) 1d6+6 (1d6+8)
Reach 5ft.

BAB: +3
CMB: +10
CMD: 23(25) +4 vs trip

Skills:
+12 Climb
+12 Perception

Feats:
HD1: Toughness
HD3: Skill Focus Perception
HD5: Weapon Focus (Claws)

Low light Vision
Dark Vision 60ft.
Scent
Rage: on taking damage gets +4 str +4 con -2 AC
Smite Evil 1/day (+5 damage vs. evil foe lasts till enemy dead)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry 3: Lantern Archon
Small Outsider [Good] [Lawful] [Extraplanar]

STR: 5 -3
DEX: 11 +0
CON: 16 +3
INT: 6 -2
WIS: 11 +0
CHA: 10 +0

HP: 17 = 2d10 +6
Speed: Fly 60ft. Perfect

AC: 15 Touch: 11 FF: 15
Fort: +6
Ref: +3
Will +0
+4 vs Poison
+2 Resist vs Evil
DR 10/Evil
Immune: Electric, Petrification

Attacks:
2 Light Rays: +3/+3 Touch 1d6 30ft. range

Skills:
+5 Diplomacy
+14 Fly
+3 Knowledge (Planes)
+4 Perception
+5 Sense Motive

Feats:
HD1: Ability Focus (Aura of Menace)

CL3 Spell Like abilities At Will:
Aid (+1 Morale to attack and 1d8+3 Temp HP, duration 3 min)
Continual Flame
Detect Evil
Greater Teleport (Self + 50 lbs items only)

Special:
Aura of Menace Will Save DC 15 20ft. radius -2 on Attacks AC and Saves for 24 hours.
Darkvision 60ft.
Low light Vision

Entry 4: Hound Archon

Entry 5: Celestial Rhinoceros
Last edited by Squall255 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:15 pm

DM Answer: They'll have to take damage first.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:09 am

Questions on spells and feats:

Augment Summoning:
Does it work on my Eidolon if summoned using the Summon Eidolon spell?

Superior Summoning:
Does it work on my Summon Monster Spell Like Ability?

Summon Eidolon:
Can I use my Summon Monster Spell Like Ability and the Summon Eidolon spell at the same time, and have both creatures exist simultaneously?
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:43 am

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No. The description of the Summon Monster class feature states that a Summon Monster effect "uses up the same power as the summoner uses to call his eidolon." Hence it follows that this would apply to calling your eidolon using a spell.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Eidolon first draft posted
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Started adding common summons.

DM ?:
Can I change some of the creature feat selections? I.E. remove Imp Initiative for something more combat focused like Weapon Focus (Claw) or Improved Natural Attack? I specifically mention Improved initiative due to the fact that the creatures will be acting on my initiative. If yes, what about Skill Focus feats? All replacements would need to be cleared by you ahead of time of course.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:53 pm

I have no problem with that.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 am

Removed.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:52 am

Eidolon updated.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 am

Updated with skills, traits, Half Elf traits, Languages, and some beginning character notes.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:31 am

Your significantly improved custom item.

Symbol of Ulturas
Powers:
Personal Enrichment (+2 Perfection Bonus with a single skill of your choice)
Empowered Eidolon +1 (Eidolon's abilities are as if the Summoner was one 1 level higher)
Personal Empowerment (+2 Perfection Bonus to a saving throw of your choice)

Description:
This small jade humanoid figure is about the size of a human hand, and bears strange markings that belong to a civilization long since passed. What you have been able to gather from research, is that Ulturas was an ancient deity who divided his essence amongst each of his people so that they might all share in his glory, and that his greatest servants were called "Eidelos". You have found that while in your possession, the figurine makes you feel empowered, and you suspect that this may not just be a mere feeling.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Breakdown of starting gold:
2000 gp +2 to Charisma
2000 gp +2 saves cloak
2000 gp +2 saves vest
5000 gp +1 natural attack amulet
2500 gp ring of sustenance
830 gp party loot
750 gp CLW wand
750 gp Endure Elements wand
525 gp Evolution Surge scroll
525 gp Evolution Surge scroll
525 gp Tongues scroll

5595 gp left over. Accepting suggestions for scrolls, rods, and wands. Note: Considering ring of protection and other defensive items.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:06 pm

I like your backstory, but there's one thing I need to point out:

There is one High Elven Court, and its on the other side of the continent. So, the chances that your character wandered there are probably very unlikely, as, barring a teleportation effect, traveling there would probably take a year or so in and of itself. What is more likely is that you were able to to find tutelage under a High Elven Summoner or Conjurer in the Kingdom of Thorns.

Active Characters:

Return to “Characters”