Character Discussion/Party Optimization Thread

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Character Discussion/Party Optimization Thread

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:37 pm

we were as a party before? well, that does change some things.

also to note: my character is a wondrous item crafter, and if the DM doesn't object, I can craft any item you guys need with spells from the cleric/oracle list, provided the enhancement doesn't require more than 2 spells at a time (which is really rare).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:52 pm

I do not object.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:02 pm

What cost would you be charging us? For the sake of sanity, I assume you'd be charging us the cost to create for anything that's pregame.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:19 pm

50%.
I can actually craft cheaper than that, but we can put that extra amount towards "You didn't always know me, and I wasn't always crafting, so you probably bought some of that stuff" fund.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm going to suggest we get an Orb of Mental Renewal and Rod of Bodily Restoration from Magic Item Compendium so we aren't overloading Dai and Dave with "Halp, I took ability damage, need restoration" requests. Each is 3100GP, and Dai can craft the Orb.

EDIT: Total cost would be 930GP per person.

EDIT OF EDIT: Cost is now 1033.33 GP since Dai spent all his money on drugs and other illegal stuff (but is willing to craft the orb at 1/3 cost).

EDIT: Okay, now 826.66 GP per person. Apparently Dai didn't buy as much drugs as we thought he did.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:33 pm

sounds good to me.

[submits 830 GP]
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:37 am

posted my skills. Not outrageous but the knowledge's are going to be background / character based so I don't think I'm going to change them. Also, it seems that we have interactions covered by many of us (damn we're a high charisma party)

Also: it seems like a lot of us have UMD. I realize it's a sweet spell but damn! Start littering your world with scrolls and wands Drew!
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:18 am

Okay. Magic arms, armor, and wondrous items out. Scrolls and wands in. Got it!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:13 pm

Dai: If we can cast the spell from a scroll or something could you craft the item for us? Namely I want an Amulet of Mighty Fists that requires a casting of Greater Magic Fang, which is on my spell list. If I bought a scroll and cast it for you, could you craft the item for 1/2 cost? This would make the final cost to me equal to 1/2 item cost + full cost of scroll.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Squall: I'm pretty sure crafting doesn't work that way. Mimicking spells using a scroll sounds reasonable but is probably something GM has to decide on since rules are blurry over it, but even then, I'm the one who has to mimick the spell, not someone else, not lest they can cooperative crafting ability.

Also, I've put a lot of things aside for several days for a Google-interview trip. So expect my character finishings to get delayed. When's stat-final due anyhow? (since we really don't have the information to build a proper background yet =\)
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Since people seem to want to final date for stats:

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Didn't realize that the 9th was a Friday.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:40 pm

So, as to the nature of the party working together:

The story assumes that prior to heading towards Barovia, your characters completed at least one prior mission together. Based off of my conversations with Ryan, his character was otherwise occupied during the Plaguemarch, so its unlikely you all worked together back then. What's most likely is that you all to came together in the years following the war. Perhaps you all were assigned together by chance for a mission to clear a necro-arsenal and you decided to keep working together? Think it over, as I'm pushing back the deadline.

New deadline is:

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Clarification:
That date is when the first posts in character posts are going to begin, not when your character is "due". Given that this is going to be a play by post game, it'll take us a while to get to much that requires a dice roll. But, but the time we get there, its suggested you have the stats necessary to make that roll.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:36 pm

So what are people thinking for how we met? Just going with what Drew suggested? I haven't really started on fluff, so I'm okay with more or less anything.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Characters”