Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Character Discussion/Party Optimization Thread

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Discuss away.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Character Discussion/Party Optimization Thread

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Ninja/Paladin here. Stealth, infiltration, surveillance (as much as you can do with a WIS of 13), disguising, social interaction, language skills. And smiting. And stabbing. And throwing shurikens. And lay on hands, but that doesn't do much with only 2 levels of paladin.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:55 pm

I suppose here is a good place as any to put my GM Hints:

1. You will be fighting undead. I can say this without really spoiling much because the region you're heading to is very close to the Khagaran border.

2. Mind your fortitude saves. I'm sure this will come off as near-heresy, but if this save is lacking you may actually want to consider taking Great Fortitude.

3. You'll want someone with a good survival modifier, as there will be plenty of navigation to do.

I'll also point out that this adventure assumes the party already knows each other, and has worked together previously.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Squall is thinking about taking the party face role, which would be great because that will free up some skill ranks for me. Might even drop the 1 rank of linguistics and the Guileful Polyglot talent.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Hmm, Fortitude eh? might actually have to take Great Fortitude. The issue with using a summoner as Party Face is that he is skill stripped like a boss. 2+int skill points per level, and none of Bluff, Diplo, or sense motive are class skills. Thanks to traits I can get Bluff and Diplo as class skills, and I'm going with Half Elf so I can skill focus Sense motive. With a 15+1 = 16 Int i should be able to cover basics. Those 3 + UMD + split Linguistics and Spellcraft.

Half Elf is for Favored Class bonus for Summoner of +1/4 Evolution point per level (+1@4 +2@8 +3@12...)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:11 am

Okay, finally found a character concept I'm interested in:

Oracle + Waves Mystery + Dual-Cursed (Addict [Pf3P:Open Design] and Deaf); I'd like to mix that up with Stargazer archtype (especially since it has survival), but I'd like to *not* take Guiding Star seeing as adventuring parties rarely go around under the starry sky.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 am

Go for it.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Note: Despite what it say in the Character Creation thread, if your character is not a part of an affiliation, they will still get a spiffy custom item.

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 pm

So yeah I plan on taking the role of party face unless anyone objects. I can give my Eidolon decent survival as well (note to self: edit Eidolon stats). My characters current weakness is a (relatively) low Fort save. Fortunately I ought to be able to go Invis for most of the fight as I don't deal any damage.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Okay Squall, party face is yours. I'm reworking again. Since Dai is going Deaf or Mute, I'm probably going to keep the rank in Linguistics for Sign Language or something. Dropping Extra Rogue Talent [Guileful Polyglot], dunno what I'll replace it with yet. Dropping Diplomacy down to 1 rank (which leaves me at +8).

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:57 pm

If someone is going to be Mute/Deaf, you should all probably have 1 ranks in linguistics for Sign Language. As an additional bonus, this also gives the party a way to communicate without speaking and worry that others will catch on to what they're saying.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Could we make bluff checks to communicate with sign language without making it obvious that we're doing so?
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Yes.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:54 pm

How's this adventure starting up anyhow? I doubt we'd all know each other that well beforehand and well, medieval people aren't exactly known for their ability to talk to the disabled.
I'm going with the mute concept simply so the party can still talk to me without problems. I don't see it being very likely that you'd all know sign language of some sort, and I'm also going to have Speak Language [Notepad] for everyone else =P
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:36 pm

It does say that we're already together as a party and have worked together before, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that we'd have taken the effort to learn sign language.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Characters”