Character Discussion/Party Optimization Thread

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Character Discussion/Party Optimization Thread

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:38 pm

No ideas here, haven't started on fluff yet either. Was kind of waiting until we figured that out.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am

I believe that my character would have met some or all of you by hiring you as traveling companions at one point, grew to enjoy your company and asked to tag along for your next few adventures. My character will have been from the Rivenmarches and traveled to the south west for a time and then back north for this mission. His eventual goal is to visit the elven kingdoms in the north east and the philosophers in the south east.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:47 am

Being a paladin of Sol Invictus, I would have been opposing (preferably undead) evil where-ever it is to be found, which can fit pretty well into anything. As to specifics, I'm not really sure what was going on in the campaign world in this time frame.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 pm

My character is from the borders of the war regions, between Khasgara and the surrounding nations opposing it. Being from the war-torn areas, she's kinda fed up with this whole conflict.

The easiest way to explain our 'prior experience' would be to center it on one of our two knights (or maybe both)--- that they undertook a particular mission in the area and put together our group of people with similar interests to help...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Seeing as how I'll be the party face, I'm fine with taking point in gathering you all together through my travels. Righting wrongs and bringing justice where it is due. Spreading ideas and tolerance. A chicken in every pot. Pink pantaloons for all. You know the usual.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Gods I'm an idiot. Opening posts can't start this weekend, because I'm volunteering at the Baltimore Book Festival. I'm not even going to bother with a starting date at this point. Expect opening posts to start showing "sometime" in the next two weeks or so. -_____________-
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I have spoken with Ryan, and given his work load, we're going to proceed forward without him for the time being. Its possible that as his schedule evens out, he may be able to join you guys later, but for now, you are five instead of six. I am going to design some henchman options to give you guys magical artillery support in the mean time.

On a similar note, as there seems to be some deadlock over how the party came together, I shall give you an option for the sake of expediency: War Buddies. You were one of the many strike teams assembled during the Plaguemarch, and have continued to adventure together since. Your last mission involved detaining a lesser Tsarovian Noble who had been experimenting with Death Magic to increase his lifespan.

Easy, eh? Its not particularly elegant, but its simple and it puts you all in the right geographic location to receive your next mission. So, if you find this one agreeable, let me know, and I'll have opening posts up within a day or two.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:57 pm

Sounds good to me. I'll gin up a backstory later today.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you need to drink to write up one. But, hey, if thats what it takes.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Works for me. I'll figure out how I got drafted in later, and work it into my backstory this week.
(|)
(|)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 am

Sounds good.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Since it's unlikely I fought for either side during the war, I'd figure my character only met up with rest of party by coincidence and joined due to common interest during the last mission--- I'd possibly be investigating that noble with a different group (who got split apart) because he's been experimenting his magic on unwanted refugees or something.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:39 pm

this might come useful to some people:

a rough sketch of the western continent map as it currently stands; I received this from Drew when we were discussing campaign setting design over the weekend. The yellow highlights doesn't mean anything important for purposes here--- they're settler areas from the eastern continent that's all.

recommend using the "view image" option

EoSdaimap.jpg
EoSdaimap.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 11292 times
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Ach! Ye beat me to it.

Yes, folks, thats the beta map. In reality, the Hordelands should be smaller and the Rivvenmarches extending further east, but otherwise things are mostly as they should be.

Also, less there is any confusion, the mountain ranges in the northwest are not the only mountains on the continent, I just used them instead of a line to differentiate between the regions up there.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Important Note about HP Generation (my apologies for the late clarification):

Thats max HP levels 1-7, and the roll it thereafter (roll 3, take the best).

Active Characters:

Return to “Characters”