Quick!

Anything D&D pretty much.
Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Quick!

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:15 pm

So, apparently Shealy is coming back to DE from the 13th to the 20th. Thus, I believe we use this opportunity to run a game of some fashion? Pathfinder perhaps?

I return on the 18th, probably in the afternoon sometime.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Quick!

Postby Laharl » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:55 pm

I get home...tomorrow. Pathfinder sounds great to me.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:42 pm

I'm flying home on the 17th. A game on the 18th or 19th would be great.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:46 pm

I return late on the 13th, consider the 14th to be very busy for me. I am in DE until the 26th, and then back again for January 1st before leaving for buffalo on the 2nd.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:00 am

Update: Shealy has agreed to whip together a game for us to run. Additionally, its looking like the 19th is going to be our day of gaming. So, now we need to figure out where, and for how long?

For my part, my house is always an option, and, as for time, you know I'm always game for marathons.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:15 am

posted in wrong thread, moving over:

I get back on the 18th I think, but I do live in PA now which complicates things. HOWEVER, if you can decide early enough I should be able to come down to DE, assuming the host is fine with me crashing at their place overnight (not driving 2hrs home fatigued...)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:15 am

As usual my house is out of the question. As we all know my father will say "the house is a mess," my mother will ask "why isn't it at <insert person here>'s?" and of course my sister is just a giant pain in the mikta (go look it up in a Goa'uld dictionary).

Any news yet on system/level?

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:22 am

Shealy has offered to run Pathfinder, but no specifications on level yet. If he has good enough internets, he should be able to just DL it, if not. He may need some help from someone else who's getting home elsewhere.

Also, I can pretty much guarantee that if its at my place, my folks won't care if a few people crash for the night.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:32 am

Kewl. We could theoretically use my mom's place, but I think yours would work better for this. More convenient plug locations, for one thing.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:29 am

I get back the evening of the 17th so I should be available. Sounds like a sweet time.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

beejazz
Darth Member
Race: Leliel
Class: You're Kidding, Right?

Postby beejazz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:13 am

Apt thread title.
I can run Pathfinder if someone'll help me get the stuff printed etc. Otherwise options include DnD 3.5, Iron Heroes, Mutants and Masterminds, and Star Wars SAGA edition. I tend to run low to mid level stuff and I'll prefer to make some pregens so we can jump right in and I can be totally familiar with everybody's stuff beforehand. Being combat-ready's a plus but not a prerequisite. My games are heavy on the... I guess not so much RP but investigation and intrigue. Usually. We'll see. Be ready to sneak, spy, lie, steal, etc. I'd let you make your own chars and run em by me but again, spotty internet. Gimme some general guidelines on race, class, and skillset before friday night and I'll try to take it into account. No pallies. Probably 3rdish level.

Oh, and when you say "marathon" would you prefer multiple games or one very long game?
I'm writing a game.

I'm also writing up a little setting to playtest it in.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 am

Intrigue, huh? Makes me tempted to run a bard, though Dai might strange me if I call his favorite class. As for characters and guidelines, given that we have a little under a week to prepare these characters, that should give us more than enough time to roll them up, and make sure the group properly organized.

Personally, I'm one for long games, unless we decide to do multiple games like we did at my party. Though if we do choose to do one long game, I'm going to have to insist that you include at least periodic bouts of combat, since not everyone can handle politics for hours on end, especially as the night wears on.

Once you've got your game and specifications together, post them in the One-Shots forum, and will get this bitch rollin'.

Active Characters:

beejazz
Darth Member
Race: Leliel
Class: You're Kidding, Right?

Postby beejazz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:30 am

Let's see... I guess I could figure out some guidelines for rolling your own.

Don't worry too much about combat. I try not to railroad, so you guys get to make your own decisions concerning when to fight. Won't be lotsa monsters probably. I might toss some in for the hell of it. We'll see. Don't worry too much about politicking... eggs and omelettes, you know the drill.

I guess if we're having folks roll their own I'll post in one shots tomorrow night what the stipulations are.
I'm writing a game.

I'm also writing up a little setting to playtest it in.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:28 am

My vote's on one long game, seeing as what happened last time we tried to run multiple games.

A Mutants and Masterminds game would be fun, but I think the only ones who have access to the materials for it are myself, Shealy, and possibly Dave.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:23 pm

I'm not sure what state I'm going to be in when all the finals and papers are over. One campaign to deal with, maybe. More than one, especially campaigns that stray even rather from regular 3.5 than Pathfinder... screw that, don't have time to read up on that much extra stuff (at least, don't want to give myself that reason to read up on it and procrastinate studying more).

so yeah I support a longer game.

haven't looked into Pathfinder bards yet, I haven't really looked at that book much at all outside Fighters and Fighter feats.

and Dave isn't your mom's place the one that's cat-fur infested ?
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Return to “General D&D”