Game Proposals

Anything D&D pretty much.
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Game Proposals

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Figured I would make a separate thread for this to keep it out of scheduling.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Game Proposals

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Abstract : it's a new game idea from me...

this is still all a big maybe, obviously, I'm just checking interest first.

This is a concept similar to WoL, except rather than the players each building a nation to govern, I'm thinking about having a game where the players collectively manage one nation, where each of the PCs is the top level administrative officers or military commanders, each player is responsible for taking care of one of the government branches and/or field armies, such n such. The party can collectively nominate someone to be the leader and can make decisions in the place of another PC if need be, or this can be a sort of ruled by executive-council where the players have to agree fully on something before executing it.

Place: Chroma (if you don't know, that's one of the planets in the TIP universe)
Time: Chroma early colonization era (think of it as a "warring states" period, this takes place about a few centuries, if not millenia, prior to the current Penthiae Campaign)
Materials: Chroma is a moderate magic (but not dense enough for lvl9 caster classes, highest level spellcasting will be 6th level, or 7th~8th if you're epic level caster) planet, but has abundant access to Incarnum. Some of the colonist factions still retains an advanced level of technology and magitech, but that'll mean they still have a degree of dependency on the crashed colonist ship, not to mention other local problems... there will be a certain degree of MSRD material use, and LOTs of equipment customizations.
Races & Classes: Core races only, and no classes with lvl7/8/9 casting (yes my Magus class will be used). At least three-fourth of the colonists are humans of Caerleon with a decisively Japanese-like culture and language, so expect a lot of that xD.

If this goes, the game will be scheduled to start sometime next summer, after I graduate ( and thus actually have more time... )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:07 pm

While we're at it, somebody should run a pathfinder game PBP. I'd love to run one, but between two campaigns, its just ain't gonna happen.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:14 pm

since I'll be using a lack of primary spellcasters, I might try out Pathfinder (shrug). Otherwise ToB is going to end up flat out winning over core base classes
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Okay, I've had a craving to run/play in a Star Wars RPG Game for a while now.

SO, I am willing to run a Dawn of Defiance campaign using Star Wars Saga rules. Minus the stupid RPGA rule restrictions and allowing for access to other sources that I have (KOTOR Campaign Setting, Scum and Villainy, Starships of the Galaxy, Threats of the Galaxy, Force Unleashed Campaign Guide, and certain materials converted over from the previous edition of the RPG converted over using the official rules). Starting level would be 1 and it would be 28 point buy (i might be willing to raise it to 30) as per Saga Point Buy. There will obviously be species and equipment restrictions relevant to the time period, this will be mainly a case-to-case basis thing. Oh, and NO GUNGANS. DEATH TO GUNGANS. Droid characters are allowed, and I might even allow a character
ALSO: Some content from http://saga-edition.com will be allowed.
NOTE: Ewoks probably will be allowed, since this is before the Empire seized control of Endor.

Dawn of Defiance takes place almost immediately after Episode III ends, and deals with the formation and early days of the Rebellion. As such, its a little easier to justify being a Jedi than in Late Rebellion/Early New Republic eras, but remember that Jedi are being hunted down in this era.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:21 pm

I'd be interested. Dawn of Defiance is immediately following Episode III, right?

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Yep, I edited the post for more info.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:15 pm

Eh, personally I thought the previous Star Wars edition was better than saga.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:27 pm

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Do you need a precon?

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Do I? No. Precon merely means game gets started faster and it uses less of my creative brain cells, which can then be used for Corsairs, schoolwork, and thinking up stupid things to say aloud. Believe me, I can come up with access to Wookiepedia, I can come up with a Star Wars campaign without a problem. I would rather run it in Saga, because I am more familiar with that system than with Revised.

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Not only do lightsabers blow everything else out of the water for damage, but the Force is a huge pain to use because you have to allocate the same pool of skill points to Force skills as normal skills and they don't give you enough points (4+Int, I think).

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:06 pm

Don't you still need to do that in Saga ? Like I checked force use was a skill.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 pm

Not to crush anyone's spirit, but weren't Jedi infinitely more awesome than anything else in the movies?

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:25 pm

Dai: Yes, but now it's only one skill for all powers, instead of one skill/power (basically).

Drew: Well...yes. That's absolutely right.

Return to “General D&D”