Something I need people to look at

Anything D&D pretty much.
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Something I need people to look at

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Okay, heres something I've been working on for my game. Its a new vestige for Binders. Oh, and some of you should recognize it. Anyone think this needs to be balanced a little?

Code: Select all

Alastor, the Flame of Heaven
      Vestige Level: 4th
      Binding DC: 21
      Special Requirement: Yes
      Legend: Alastor is a native of the Demiplane known as the Crimson Realm, and is one of the Gods of it.  He exists for the purposes of slaying the evil denizens that have escaped from his Realm, who seek to consume mortal souls as power.  Silver Flame legends hold that the Silver Flame is one of the other Gods of the realm, and that Alastor is seen as a sort of 'Brother' to the Flame. 
      Manifestation: Alastor rips the ground open and roars as he wrenches himself free from the ground.  If you make a successful binding check, Alastor touches the magic item in your circle and his power flows into it.
      Sign: Your hair turns fire-red and emits embers, and your irises and pupils become fire-red. 
      Special Requirement: As a being devoted to the slaying of evil, Alastor refuses to be bound to Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, or Chaotic Evil Binders.  The Binder must also place an item which uses a body slot (it does not need to be magical) inside the magic circle. 
      Influence: You feel a compulsion to slay all evil creatures near you, especially those that consume souls in any way, shape, or form.
      Granted Powers:
         Sense Outsiders - You sense all non-native outsiders (and Binder's who have bound any of the following Vestiges: Marchosias, Claw and Fangs of Violation; Tiamat, Crown-and-Sash of Fantasies; Behemoth, Steadfast Sharp Peak; Valac, President of Reptiles; Quetzalcóatl, Windy Echo of Enlightenment) within a 1 mile radius centered on you at all times.  This just gives you a vague awareness of the presence of the outsiders or binders, which can be improved by concentrating further.
            1 Round: Yes/No (are there outsiders or binders?)
            2 Rounds: You know the amount of outsiders or binders
            3 Rounds: General direction of the outsiders or binders
         Flame of Heaven - Alastor's power over fire allows you to generate flames to wreath your weapon(s) in at will.  The amount of extra damage this deals is dependent upon your Effective Binder Level.  The damage is searing fire (penetrates natural fire resistance.  deals half damage to natural fire immunity.  Magical resistance applies fully, as does magical immunity.).  This ability only works while Alastor's sign is not supressed.
            1st-8th: +1d6
            6th-10th: +2d6
            11th-15th: +3d6
            15th and above: +4d6
         On Wings of Fire - As a swift action, Binder's bound to Alastor can create wings on their back of pure flame.  These wings give the binder a fly speed of 60' (Good), which drops to 40' (Good) when in medium armor or carrying a heavy load.  This ability only works while Alastor's sign is not supressed.  This ability lasts until you either supress Alastor's sign or spend another swift action to deactiavte it.  This does not give you a fly speed for the purposes of feats and PRCs that require it. 
         Flame Blast - As a standard action, the binder can project a blast of searing fire.  This blast deals 1d6 searing fire damage per 2 effective binder levels to all targets within 20' radius blast emenating from a point within 400'+40'/EBL and a Reflex save halves the damage.  Searing fire penetrates natural fire resistance, deals half damage to creatures with natural fire immunity, and magical resistance/immunity apply as normal.  This ability can be used once every 5 rounds.  This ability only works while Alastor's sign is not supressed. 
         Great Leaping - As a standard action, the binder may cast Jump as a wizard of their Effective Binder Level.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None
SKULL AND SHACKLES COMBAT MAP
SKULL AND SHACKLES NPC RELATIONS DATABASE
SKULL AND SHACKLES PARTY LOOT/SUPPLIES

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

IRON GODS PARTY LOOT/SUPPLIES

Stormreach Company Assets

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Something I need people to look at

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:47 pm

I have this nagging feeling that it needs some kind of BAB booster (ala Divine Power).

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:20 pm

One thing that quickly comes to mind: Don't use monster sizeups for PCs. Use Enlarge or Expansion. As it is, no BAB booster is needed with that kind of insane STR boost...
Haaaahahahaha!!!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:49 pm

well technically Alastor's greatest ability doesn't involve expanding his contractor ... as much as using the contractor as a means to SUMMON him, a god (or at least demigod) into the material plane, which obviously would require immense amounts of power (equivalent of an epic spell at least I'd say), and thus why typically the summoner is killed/destroyed in the process. I'd say add this in as an ability-of-last-resorts (and requires a high CON-check to live thru it in addition to binding check to use it), rather than his top/best-utilized ability.

Also, it should be noted that Shana isn't that proficient at Unrestricted Spellcasting and thus doesn't utilize Alastor's power in that field, where Alastor's previous contractor apparently excelled at it quite a bit (at least in conjuration, since she create weapons/armor from the flames). Shana can still hurl fireballs, which should probably be modified for this =P. Between that as a ranged attack and the ability to add high damage to melee hits, this has more than enough abilities as a "vestige".

otherwise, this is nice =), I'd like to play Shana at one point lol. You could also use a martial/binding dual progression PRC for Alastor. Obviously Desert Wind needs to be included. Full-BAB advancement should be added there. After all it's Shana's training that gives her the fighting skills, not her contract =P
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:51 pm

I was about to base it on Giant Size when i realised that the STR boosts in there use the monster advancement. Theres also the fact that the Binder can only reach those sizes if there is available space. I also increased the Check Result needed for each bonus.

I know that its really more as a means to summon him, but in D&D terms you can't really do that with a vestige so I did the best I could come up with while sitting in class. The CON Check is a good idea, I think I'll have it scale with each level of power.

Completely forgot that Shana could throw fireballs (Marty has failed his Otaku check)

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Okay, updated to include the CON Check

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Totally realized I forgot something major.

Sense Outsiders - You sense all non-native outsiders (and Binder's who have bound any of the following Vestiges: Marchosias, Claw and Fangs of Violation; Tiamat, Crown-and-Sash of Fantasies; Behemoth, Steadfast Sharp Peak; Valac, President of Reptiles; Quetzalcóatl, Windy Echo of Enlightenment) within a 1 mile radius centered on you at all times.  This just gives you a vague awareness of the presence of outsiders, which can be improved by concentrating further.
            1 Round: You know the general direction of the outsiders/binders (Up to 5; If there is more than 5, then you know the direction of the most powerful 5 (higest CR/ECL)
            2 Rounds: You know the alignment of the outsiders (Or most powerful 5)
            3 Rounds: You know the amount of outsiders.
            4 Rounds: You can pinpoint the exact location of the most powerful outsider.

I know there are other things that Alastor granted Shana, (i.e. Purification via flame) but this Vestige has enough already. If I get around to it I'll make a PRC like dai suggested, but I won't be using martial maneuvers because those are banned content for my game.

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Flopcorn
Adamantine Member

Postby Flopcorn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Totally overpowered for a 4th level vestige. 1d6-5d6 damage to EVERY attack, depending on level, and a flight speed of 80, along with some other little perks and a SUPERWTFBBQPWN transform ability.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Major edit to Heaven Destruction Earth Break (no more OMGWTFBBQ transformation)

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 pm

UPDATE: Heaven Destruction Earth Breaker (AKA OMGWTFBBQ Ability) is being removed and will become the 10th level ability of the pending PRC

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:46 am

update: vestige updated.

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 am

Crimson Heritage Hunter

"Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" Shana, Crimson Heritage Hunter bound to Alastor

Flavor Text: Few binders can make a pact with a Lord of the Crimson Realm to begin with, and even fewer can effectively do so. But at any given time, there is always one who can make a full pact with each Lord.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become an Crimson Heritage Hunter, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
Base Attack Bonus: +4
Alignment: Any non-evil
Skills: Knowledge (The Planes) 8 Ranks
Lord Specific:

Alastor
      Skills: Tumble 4 ranks
      Feats: Favored Vestige (Alastor), Weapon Focus (any weapon)
      Martial Maneuvers: Any two maneuvers, including one from Desert Wind
      Special: Ability to make a pact with Alastor

Marchosias
      Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 8 Ranks
      Feats: Favored Vestige (Marchosias), Practiced Spellcaster
      Spellcasting: Arcane Caster Level 3rd (pre-Practiced Spellcaster)
      Special: Ability to make a pact with Marchosias

Class Skills
A Crimson Heritage Hunter class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are
Balance [DEX], Concentration [CON], Craft [INT], Gather Information [WIS], Heal [WIS], Intimidate [CHA], Jump [STR], Knowledge (history) [INT], Knowledge (the planes) [INT], Profession [WIS], Survival [WIS]
Additional Class Skills are also gained dependent on the Crimson Lord the pact is made with:
Alastor: Martial Lore, Tumble
Marchosias: Knowledge (Arcana)

Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + Int

Hit Dice: d8

Alastor
Level   BAB      FS   RS   WS     MK   MR   SK      Special
1st      +1      +0   +2   +0      1    0    0      Eternal Bondage, Cocytus, Searing Wind, Soul Binding +1
2nd      +2      +0   +3   +0      0    0    0      Heaven's Blessing, Soul Binding +2
3rd      +3      +1   +3   +1      1    1    0      Soul Binding +3
4th      +4      +1   +4   +1      0    0    0      Empowering Strike, Soul Binding +4
5th      +5      +1   +4   +1      1    0    1      Soul Binding +5
6th      +6      +2   +5   +2      0    1    0      Improved Heaven's Blessing, Soul Binding +6
7th      +7      +2   +5   +2      1    0    0      Soul Binding +7
8th      +8      +2   +6   +2      0    0    0      Widening Strike, Soul Binding +8
9th      +9      +3   +6   +3      1    1    0      Soul Binding +9
10th    +10      +3   +7   +3      0    0    0      Tenpa Jyosai, Soul Binding +10

Marchosias
Level   BAB   FS    RS   WS   Special
1st   +0   +0    +0   +2   Caster Level +1
2nd   +1   +0    +0   +3   Improved Werewolf Form I , Caster Level +1
3rd   +2   +1    +1   +3   Caster Level +1
4th   +3   +1    +1   +4   Caster Level +1
5th   +3   +1    +1   +4   Caster Level +1
6th   +4   +2    +2   +5   Improved Werewolf Form II, Caster Level +1
7th   +5   +2    +2   +5   Improved Werewolf Form III, Caster Level +1
8th   +6   +2    +2   +6   Caster Level +1
9th   +6   +3    +3   +6   Caster Level +1
10th    +7   +3    +3   +7   Caster Level +1

Any Crimson Lord:
Soul Binding: At each Crimson Heritage Hunter level indicated on the table, your soul binding ability improves as if you had also gained a level in the binder class. Your Crimson Heritage Hunter levels and binder levels stack for the purpose of determining your bonus on binding checks, the effectiveness of your vestige-granted abilities, your ability to bind higher-level vestiges, but NOT the number of vestiges you can bind (See Eternal Bondage). You do not, however, gain any other benefit a binder would have gained.
Eternal Bondage (Ex): You no longer need to summon the Crimson Lord you are bound to every day; you are bound to them constantly and have no need to make a binding check to negate their influence. You cannot choose to bind a different vestige in his place. In addition, once you enter this class, you can no longer bind with any other vestiges. This includes any extra vestiges you would have gained by this PRC's advancing of the Soul Binding class feature.
Cocytus (Su): The item that you used as part of the process of binding the Crimson Lord functions as a communication device for said Crimson Lord. This allows him to monitor, communicate with, and advise their contractee. In game terms, this functions as a DM controlled NPC that has useful insight into situations when the DM sees fit. The communication cannot be jammed by any means necessary.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alastor:
Maneuvers: When additional maneuvers or stances are gained from levels in Crimson Heritage Hunter, you can select them from Desert Wind, Diamond Mind, Iron Heart.
Searing Wind (Su): All fire damage that you deal via Desert Wind strikes is considered searing fire. Searing fire penetrates natural fire resistance, deals half damage to creatures with natural fire immunity, and magical resistance/immunity apply as normal.
Heaven's Blessing (Su): As a swift action, you can expend a readied maneuver and draw upon Alastor's power. For 1 round, you gain a +2 bonus to Strength, a +2 bonus to Constitution, a +10' bonus to your base land and a +4 bonus on Will saves for 1 round.
Empowering Strike (Su): When you successfully attack an enemy with a martial strike, a supernatural ability (gained from this class or the Alastor Vestige) that you use before the end of your next turn is empowered (as by the Empower Supernatural Ability feat). You can use this ability once per encounter.
Improved Heaven's Blessing (Su): As a swift action, you can expend a readied maneuver and draw upon Alastor's power. For 1 round, you gain a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, a +20' bonus to your base land and a +8 bonus on Will saves for 1 round. This replaces Heaven's Blessing.
Widening Strike (Su): When you successfully attack an enemy with a martial strike, a supernatural ability (gained from this class or the Alastor Vestige) that you use before the end of your next turn is widened (as by the Widen Supernatural Ability feat). You can use this ability once per encounter.
Tenpa Jyosai (Sp): Once per week as a full round action, the Crimson Heritage Hunter can perform the awesome Heaven Destruction Earth Break. You explode in a burst fire that deals 20d6 points of fire damage to all living creatures in a 100' per Effective Binder Level radius (maximum 2000' radius). A reflex save of DC 19+CHA Mod halves the damage and negates the risk of catching on fire. Inanimate objects automatically catch on fire. The Crimson Heritage Hunter loses 5,000 XP when using this ability, assuming they survive. When using this ability, the Crimson Heritage Hunter must make a Constitution Check vs DC 20. If they fail this check, their body is obliterated as part of using this ability. If they succeed on the check, their body reforms 1d6 rounds later in the same spot where they were when they used the ability, along with any equipment or objects they were carrying or wearing. They are stunned for the round after they re-form. This ability is the equivalent of a 9th level spell for the purposes of countering, immunity, and so forth. The caster level of this ability is equal to the user's Effective Binder Level.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marchosias
Spellcasting: At each level of this prestige class, the caster level of the class used to to meet the spellcasting requirement increases by one for the purposes of variable spell effects, spells per day and spells known. This does not give you additional class features or bonus feats.
Improved Werewolf Form I: The Werewolf Form ability granted to you by your Vestige now grants you +16 to Strength, +2 to Dexterity, and +8 to Constitution.
Improved Werewolf Form II: The Werewolf Form ability granted to you by your Vestige now grants you +20 to Strength, +2 to Dexterity, and +8 to Constitution. This replaces Improved Werewolf Form II.
Improved Werewolf Form III: The claws granted to you while in Werewolf Form now deal 2d6 damage.

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:03 pm

UPDATE: Changed BAB requirement for Crimson Heritage Hunter from +5 to +4. Realized that the only way to take the PRC at level 8 is to go Binder 4/Fighter 2, which makes it extremely difficult to get the required maneuvers.

Coming Soon: Sample Crimson Heritage Hunter

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Shwammo!

Marchosias, Claw and Fangs of Violation

Marchosias, Claw and Fangs of Violation
      Vestige Level: 4th
      Binding DC: 21
      Special Requirement: Yes
      Legend: Marchosias is a native of the Demiplane known as the Crimson Realm, and is one of the Gods of it.  He exists for the purposes of slaying the evil denizens that have escaped from his Realm, who seek to consume mortal souls as power.
      Manifestation: Marchosias descends from the heavens and lands in the binding circle.  Upon a successful binding check, Marchosias flows into the item in the circle.
      Sign:
      Special Requirement: As a being devoted to the slaying of evil, Marchosias refuses to be bound to Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, or Chaotic Evil Binders.  An item must be placed in the binding circle as part of the binding process.
      Influence: You feel a compulsion to slay all seemingly evil creatures near you, especially those that consume souls in any way, shape, or form.
      Granted Powers:
         Sense Outsiders - You sense all non-native outsiders (and Binder's who have bound any of the following Vestiges: Alastor, The Flame of Heaven; Tiamat, Crown-and-Sash of Fantasies; Behemoth, Steadfast Sharp Peak; Valac, President of Reptiles; Quetzalc�atl, Windy Echo of Enlightenment) within a 1 mile radius centered on you at all times.  This just gives you a vague awareness of the presence of the outsiders or binders, which can be improved by concentrating further.
            1 Round: Yes/No (are there outsiders or binders?)
            2 Rounds: You know the amount of outsiders or binders
            3 Rounds: General direction of the outsiders or binders
         Werewolf Form - A binder bound to Marchosias can assume the form of a Large Werewolf for a number of rounds equal to their Effective Binder Level.  While in Werewolf Form, the Binder gains a +8 bonus to Strength, a +2 bonus to Dexterity, and a +4 bonus to constution, but takes a -1 size penalty to AC and attacks.  While in Werewolf Form, the binder also gains 2 claw attacks that deal 1d8 damage each.  Once the duration expires, the Binder cannot use this ability again for 5 rounds.
         Mirror Image - A binder bound to Marchosias can use Mirror Image as a wizard of their Effective Binder Level at will, but once the spell expires it cannot be used again for another 5 rounds.
         Searing Beams - As a standard action, the binder can project a beam of searing fiery energy.  This beam is treated as a ranged attack and deals 4d6 searing fire damage to its target which must be within 100'+10'/2 EBLs.  This ability can be used once every 5 rounds.  For every four EBLs beyond 3rd, you may fire another beam, either at the first target or another target within 30'.  This ability only works while Marchosias's sign is not suppressed.  Searing fire penetrates natural fire resistance, deals half damage to creatures with natural fire immunity, and magical resistance/immunity apply as normal.

BETA VERSION
IN THE WORKS: Expansion of Crimson Heritage Hunter to have options for Marchosias. (kinda using one PRC as a skeleton, like that one devoted to the five heroes from Complete Champion)

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Crimson Heritage Hunter update
Added: preliminary ideas for Marchosias

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=783&p=11476#p11476

:capemagus:

SHADOWRUN COMBAT MAP

Return to “General D&D”