Part 2.a Rescue the Riftwardens

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 2.a Rescue the Riftwardens

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:23 am

( Evil Eye vs AC. Inflict -4; non-mythic auto-affected for 1rnd before save; 10rnds duration, or Will DC23 for 1rnd. )

Initiative: 14+11 = 25
Know[religion]: 19+9 = 28

Epicette cautions as she recognizes the undead: "Bodaks: watch the energy drain; no electricity, use cold iron!"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:01 pm

(Initiative: 9+5=14)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 pm

(Initiative: 1d20+10 = 28)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:42 pm

(init priority working from is Henric, Cernandlon, Epicette, Daveed, Malorix which was actual init, seemed close enough to Dai's preferred order)

Up first is Henric, Cernandlon, and Epicette.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:45 pm

Henric advances to get a clear line of fire and blasts a ray of acid at each target (Scorching Ray).

B1: 1d20+9=14 touch, 4d6+6=14 acid
B2: 1d20+9=10 touch (lol), 4d6+6=20 acid
N: 1d20+9=21 touch, 4d6+6=27 acid

SR: max(2d20)+9(base CL)+4(vs demon)+3(mythic tier on acid spells)=36

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:10 pm

Cernandlon regains psionic focus, changing his active type to Outsiders once again. Drawing a bead on the Nabasu, he fires a steel arrow at the foul demon, lacing it with psionic power.

(Attack 1 [Deadly Aim, Channeling, Psionic Shot]: 1d20+19 = 36)
(Damage 1: 2d6 (base steel arrow) + 9 (weapon, deadly aim, strength) + 2d6 (psionic shot) + 2d6+4 (channeling disrupt pattern) + 4 (favored enemy) + 2d6+2 (bane) = 57 Piercing, Cold Iron, Magic damage)

Cernandlon calls upon the powers of his third eye and manifests a defensive boon on himself.
(Swift action to use third eye to manifest Defensive Precognition, augmenting to 4PP)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Epicette moves up to behind Jestak and casts Strangling Hair, sending her tresses to grab hold of B1

( Grapple: 13+18 = 31; 6 damage; CMD33 to break free )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 am

Correction: Epicette wasn't in range for her Hex to go off.

Henric misses both Bodaks but manages to hit and break through the Nabasu's SR. There is still some Acid Resist that he has to battle through.

Cernandlon's arrow hits and the demon hisses in pain as it bypasses the creature's damage reduction.

Epicette's hair wrap around B1 but doesn't seem to be strong enough to do any real damage. As the hair wraps around, she notices large maggots wriggling across the creature's skin, threatening to transfer into her hair.

B1 realizes that the hair has a pretty good hold of him, so settles with just staring hard at Epicette, daring her to keep the hair wrapped around him. (No Will save as you are out of range) Epicette is pretty sure if she doesn't release him in the next 2-3 turns, she will have to make a Reflex save to remain Grub free.

B2 charges Daveed, and attempts to slam him with an infested arm. The fist bounces off of Daveed's shield, sending a shudder down his arm (No damage, attack did not beat AC). One of the grubs leaps off and tries to find purchase on Daveed (Reflex save)

Daveed and Malorix are up.

B1 is grappled but unharmed
B2 is unharmed
N is wounded but above half
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 am

(Ref: 1d20+9= 19)

Daveed bats away the creature's attack with his shield before striking at it.

(Swift to activate Sacred Weapon for +1 enhancement and Undead Bane quality, then full attack with CE

Attack 1: 1d20+19= 25; 1d10+10+2d6= 22 [Cold Iron, Magic, Slashing]
Attack 2: 1d20+14= 28; 1d10+10+2d6= 29 [Cold Iron, Magic, Slashing]

AC 32)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:25 am

Malorix moves to where he's reasonably sure he can affect everything in the room with it (i.e. next to Daveed) and casts Prayer.

(Allies gain +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, skill checks. Enemies take a -1 penalty to the same. Lasts 10 rounds.)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 am

Daveed's two swings both strike true, the first one just barely (hit AC exactly). Malorix strides confidently forward and bangs the flat of his newly forged blade against his shield, a wave of divine energy surges out in all directions.

Aravashnial chants a few quick words as he rushes forward, and two spears of ice jut up from the ground beneath the demon and B1. B1 seems to take some of the ice damage, but both manage to avoid being knocked prone. The cones of solid ice remain just behind them, blocking the doorway.

Millorn casts as well, and his form goes blurry.

The Nabassu flies up to Jestak, calling "What treachery is this? You forget who you serve!" and reaches out with a claw at the barbarian. The claws glow red as they dig into the woman's arm, seeming to reinvigorate the demon. Jestak takes 16 damage (still look relatively fine).

She then glances at Daveed, a moment of doubt washing over her. She manages to make a half-hearted attack, but she definitely doesn't have the fury that she attacked you with. She manages to land her strike dealing 10 damage.

As the battle starts to gain momentum, Millorn then calls out to the group, "Uh, guys, those grubs from upstairs are coming after us!"

Henric, Cernandlon, and Epicette are up.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:45 pm

Epicette's eyes go wide as she sees the creepers trying to make onto her hair. Feeling the need to thoroughly wash her hair in holy water after this, She released B1 and lashes her hair across the room, trying to shake off anything that might have attached to it before she grabs onto the Nabasu instead.

"Block them off if you have a spell!" Epicette cries to Millorn. "Otherwise get out of the doorway!"

( Grapple: 15+18 = 33; may force her to drop to ground if it's not magical flight; 2 damage; CMD33 to break free )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Cernandlon regains his focus once more and then launches another empowered arrow at the Nabasu, keeping one eye on Millorn and the doorway as best he can.

(Attack 1 [Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Channeling, Psionic Shot, Point-Blank Shot, Bane]: 1d20+23 = 39)
(Damage 1: 2d6 (base steel arrow) + 11 (weapon, deadly aim, strength, buffs, point-blank shot) + 2d6 (vital strike) + 2d6 (psionic shot) + 2d6+4 (channeling disrupt pattern) + 6 (favored enemy + trait) + 2d6+2 (bane) = 49 Piercing, Cold Iron, Magic damage)

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am

Henric steps back for a clear shot and says "I don't have anything to block them off, but I can blow them up instead." He then drops an acidball on the swarm such that it won't hit Millorn or other friendlies.

(10d6+11=43 acid, Ref DC 20 for half; any swarm damage increase has not been factored in)

(SR: max(2d20)+12=28 in case it's needed)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Epicette's grapple succeeds, though the damage is blocked by the demon's DR.
Cernandlon's arrow strikes true vs. the grappled demon, and drops it below half HP.
The Swarm seems to have lucked avoid some of the damage from the acid ball as the grubs were bunched up falling over each other down the stairs, causing only the outer shell to succumb to Henric's acid. (made the save. still took 50% extra from being a swarm. Took 32)

B1 charges Jestak, slugging her with a fist for 4 damage (after DR). However, with the strike comes one of the Grubs. Jestak tries to avoid it, but can't move far enough away and the grub starts burrowing into her arm, causing heavy bleeding (CON damage)

B2 steps back from Daveed and glares at him (Fort save vs [Death])

Daveed and Malorix are up.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”