Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:47 am

Yumi fires another arrow at Mounted Samurai 4.

Critical Shot,
Attack: 1d20+19 = 32
Damage: 9d8+3 = 46

AC: 33

Terasaka advances to Y17.

AC: 41; +7 guard
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Yumi's shot misses the last mounted trooper as his rigorous motion managed to dodge it.

Pike11 drops his spear and pulls out a shortsword to attack Yuuta, but he evaded it easily. Pike10 thrusts towards Rainer's construct yet again with just as much luck (or lack thereof).

( next: Rainer/Squall + Rosebud )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 am

Rosebud focuses on taking out the shields of the two nearby soldiers, ignoring the spear in his side for now, figuring he could take care of it when the rest of these enemies are defeated.

Sunder PS10 Shield:
+9(Bab)+13(Str)+2(size)+1(wpn Focus)+1(Mastercraft)+2(Imp Sunder)+3(Morale)-2(Entangled)

51 Bludgeoning Adamantine damage, shatter shield

Sunder PS11 Shield:
+9(Bab)+13(Str)+2(size)+1(wpn Focus)+1(Mastercraft)+2(Imp Sunder)+3(Morale)-2(Entangled)
47 Bludgeoning Adamantine damage, shatter shield

[if PS11 shield survive:]
Sunder again:

60 bludgeoning adamantine damage, shatter shield

[Else:]
Attack PS11: see above roll: 19+18+3-2 = 38
Damage: 60 Bludgeoning Adamantine damage; DC 60-DR Fort save or Dazed for 1 round + 1 round for every 5 they miss the save by.
[end if]

Rainer spends his turn repairing the damage to Rosebud:

The turret then takes a shot at the mounted warrior:
26 touch, 25 Electric damage

Rainer: 66/66HP, 36AC, 26 Touch, DR 10/- 5/Pierce Invisible, Immune to arrows and bolts

Rosebud: 103/135 HP, 39-4 = 35(Entangled dex penalty) AC, 28-4=24(entangled DEX penalty) Touch AC, DR 6/- 5/Pierce, Immune to arrows and bolts, 50% move speed, 32 healing to regain full move speed, entangled, DC 26 STR check to remove embeded spear to end entanglement

Tesla Turret: HP 84/84, AC 24, Touch 3, DR 21/-, Attacker may take a Full Round action to line up and make 1 attack get auto hit melee, or +5 ranged.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:12 am

Rosebud easily smashes apart both of their shields, then hammers PS11 so hard he went into shock. The tesla turret also strikes the mounted soldier with precision and injures him badly.

The mounted samurai stepped back to cover PS10. Still too close to Rosebud to be reasonably threatened, he pulls out a heavy javelin and hurls it at Rainer's construct...
( Rosebud takes 20 piercing damage )

Genichirou makes his way over and smashes into PS11 with his Nodachi, finishing off the bloodied pikeman.

Another look at the cloud of dust coming from the southwest made Shigeru realize that the incoming cavalry force is probably closer to half mile and 1mi away, and closing in fast. It's still hard to tell their numbers at the moment though, but there were around several dozen of them...

Meanwhile, most of the raiding party was withdrawing north at full speed, straight in the direction where the ambush was being laid. It seemed like the two that remained down south were left behind by their comrades.

( next: Terasaka/Judson, Shigeru/Marty, Yuuta/Dave, Yumi/Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 am

Terasaka steps up to Z17 and makes a full attack on the mounted samurai.

Attacks:
1d20+31 = 33 (36 dmg)
1d20+31 = 42 (37 dmg)
1d20+26 = 41 (29 dmg)

AC: 41; +7 guard

Yumi stays hidden in the treeline.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 pm

The mounted samurai parries off the first attack but was struck was the 2nd and then killed by the 3rd, his falling corpsed knocked into a nearby Tebasaki mount and sent it running away.

( next: Shigeru/Marty, Yuuta/Dave )
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 am

Yuuta shifts to Z14 and attacks PS10. Unfortunately, something goes horribly wrong and his sword is nowhere near its intended target! He then continues moving and jumps onto Rosebud.

Attack: 1+20=11

AC: 32+4vs movement AoOs
Acrobatics: 4+27=31

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:14 pm

With the small fire now contained, Shigeru moves to S15 and alerts the group to the incoming Takeda forces.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:22 pm

The last remaining foe hurrily drops his weapon and puts both arms in the air, hoping to get his message across before he got killed like the others... "I surrender! I give!"

( next: Rainer/Squall + Rosebud )
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm

( Meeting Preparatory Post --- reminder that meeting is Sunday 3/4/2012 1PM Eastern [10AM PST] )

Genichirou swings down his nodachi at the surrendered soldier and knocks him out with the flat of his blade. The rest of the raiders were too busy fleeing north, and straight towards where the other resistance fighters was setting up their ambush.
"They're heading your way boys, get ready!" Genichirou sent over the comm, and two simple replies filled with enthusiasm came back.

Meanwhile, those on the east side (everyone minus Shigeru) notices movement coming out of the wood to the east. Seconds later, over a dozen Phantom Steeds burst from the trees around 3/4mi towards the east. They were farther away than the Takeda force approaching from the southwest, but they were also much faster, and was likely to arrive at your current location just before the Takeda onslaught.

Genichirou blinked several times, as if unsure of what he's seeing at first. But despite his surprise and worries, he recovered quickly and his tone was calm as usual.
"Oy vey, what kind of setup is this. We're about to be squashed in-between two hostile forces here--- well guys, it seems these fake Takeda troops we were hunting has drawn in quite a party, and the way I see it we only have three choices left:"

"First, we hide in either the houses or these patch of woods and hope that when they're too busy fighting each other, we'll sneak off. I bet you they've already noticed our presence though, so whether they'll leave us alone instead of burning down the trees and houses is up to our luck."

"Second, we run away towards north-by-northwest and get as much distance as we can in the minute before their arrival. Maybe they'll ignore us, but there's always chance one of 'em might figure they'd finish our little party off before the big meal, especially if we put ourselves in the open by fleeing this tiny village."

"Third, we pretend we're on one of their sides and help fight the other side off, and hope they'll take it at face value long enough for us to talk our way out of it afterwards. The Oda will arrive first so shooting them as they come in will declare our intentions earlier, but the bigger Takeda force might also make the Oda troops more reasonable with the whole 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' stuff."

"What do you guys think?" Genichirou finished as he looked around to the rest of you...

Takeda Force: ~50 tebasaki mounted troops in multiple ranks, approaching from the southeast at a canter. Will take 1.5~2min to arrive depending on when they go into full gallop. Shigeru could roughly make out the first rank as being mounted samurai gunners in the center and mounted archers to the flanks. Furthermore, someone from the second row was flying the banner of Red Battalion Commander Baba Shouen--- surely the leader of the Takeda expedition himself didn't choose to come out to raid!?

Oda Force: ~15 phantom-steed mounted troops, heading in at a full gallop and would no doubt be here in a minute. They also look foreign; in fact Terasaka & Rainer recognizes most of their white+purple uniforms as from the Magic Kingdom of Zeth, and this was probably a squad of their reputed Gunmages. Two of them however wore customized outfit and were probably commanders. The one in the back couldn't be seen very well outside her camouflage-green uniform, but the one that charged in the front was a blonde wielding a naginata and wearing a strangely modified kimono (might as well, seeing as you could hardly ride in one normally).

( Rainer & Terasaka realizes that given the currently split Oda forces in the Mikawa province and the fact this phantom rider squad, being foreigners, probably came from the southern force while the current battlefield was arguable closer to the northern force--- it might be possible, especially with the Oda disguises you all still wore, that the Oda troops will conclude that were you were a special ops unit from the *other* invasion force, should you show yourselves to be friendlies. )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Rainer throws another heal out to his construct while saying: "I think we might be able to convince the Oda that we are with them, but that still leaves a lot of civilians near the combat. Our first priority should be to get those people outta here. if we tie Rosebud to one of the carts he can have them gone no problem."

healing to Rosebud.

Rosebud tries to pull the weapon out of his legs.
nat 20: 43

Rainer: 66/66HP, 36AC, 26 Touch, DR 10/- 5/Pierce Invisible, Immune to arrows and bolts
Rosebud: 117/135 HP, 39 AC, 28 Touch AC, DR 6/- 5/Pierce, Immune to arrows and bolts, 50% move speed, 8 healing to regain full move speed,
Tesla Turret: HP 84/84, AC 24, Touch 3, DR 21/-, Attacker may take a Full Round action to line up and make 1 attack get auto hit melee, or +5 ranged.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:43 pm

After the skirmish, Terasaka will cast Sending to send a message to Takeda Shingen.

"Baba Shouen killed in action. Oda plan to attack expeditionary force. Be prepared."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

AIM Meeting (3/4/2012)

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 pm

|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Rainer claims a Com Ring.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 am

Shigeru takes a Ring of Communication.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Missions”