Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:24 pm

The Plan, v1.1

Assault team: Terasaka, Yuuta, Shigeru, Rainer (Yumi iff Shigeru has enough extracts)

Time: Tomorrow night, just after sunset

Method: Sugire casts Invisibility Sphere on Terasaka and Fly on each member of the assault team. We approach at high altitude, then drop straight down onto the top of the armory. Shigeru blows a hole in the roof while Rainer sets up auto-turrets at the edges, then we drop down inside. If possible, use Wall of Stone spells, landmines, auto-turrets, Spike Growth, and caltrops to prevent counter attacks, while we find and activate the construct, loot any other valuables, then make our escape. Each member of the party (assault team plus now-active construct) uses Personal Soar and Persanal Disappear, Terasaka casts Fickle Winds, then we fly away again.

Optional bonus: Wear emblems identifying ourselves as special forces for one of the foreign nations aiding Rance. Knowledge (Nobility) check to identify appropriate group and symbol (boosted with Ancestral Communion): 1d20+28 = 38.

Questions:
Shigeru: What does 4+2 mean on your extract list? Can you prepare 5 each of Soar and Disappear? Can you prepare 6?
Rainer: How many turrets can you set up? How long can they stay active? How long will it take to re-activate your construct?

For Akira and Ayumu:
Gather as much information as possible on the armory while staying outside and inconspicuous. Things like:
-# of entrances
-size of building
-nearby structures
-number/type of guards on armory
-nearby guard posts/mobile reserves
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:58 am

1:if I go all out I can make 8 a day, they take 1 round to make, and last 5 rounds
2:Technically it should be active, just waiting for verbal orders, I'd say either within sight, or 1 round (DM's discretion)
3: I can also mimic Silence spells but it'll cut into my turrets.

I have 17AP a day (effectively 16 due to desire to keep a reserve of 1)
Turrets cost 2AP (3 if I want them to be mobile)
Spell emulation costs 1+spell level (up to 2nd level Sorc/Wiz or Cleric/Oracle spells)

Personal note: blow a hole in the ceiling? that seems a little revealing considering we don't know exactly where the construct is.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:20 am

Emulate any spell? 0o

So, in The Plan v1.11, Rainer will use Silence on our entry bomb, then Silent Image over the whole roof to make it appear normal, then Shigeru detonates and we enter. I'd say the extra stealth is well worth the two or so turrets given up. We'll probably leave you on the roof with Shigeru and Yumi too to maintain the illusion and then rain arrows/bombs/deathrays on reinforcements moving in. If there's no easy way onto the roof and you have Fickle Winds it will be a pretty strong position, if there is we can probably close it off with a Wall of Stone concealed under the illusion.

Also, buff order will be:
1+ min/level: before takeoff (party buffs: Invisibility Sphere, Fly, Fickle Winds, Mass Shield of Faith)
1round/level: at ~1200 foot altitude over Okazaki (party buff: Extended Recitation)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 pm

4+2 means I have 4 extracts/day of that level from my class levels, and 2 from ability score bonus. Same as it has always meant for non-clerics.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Ayumu gives you some more detailed information about the armory in question:
--- It's actually built into the foundation of the castle, with the entrance just under the 2nd tier walls. Basically, it's "roof" would be the inner courtyard, and may be quite thick.
--- There's only one entrance as far as they know. There's only a single guard stationed outside, not one of those 4-6 man watches. But based on the distances involved, the entry will probably be within view of 2 inner tower watches and at least 2 patrols at any time.
--- There's a second armory near it, and a large set of barracks that can probably house up to 300 troops only 150ft away.

[The construct should be activateable as soon as you come within range to give it orders]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 am

The Plan v1.2

The group splits into two teams, the Assault Team and the Support Team. The Assault team consists of Terasaka, Yuuta, and Rainer, while Support Team is Shigeru, Yumi, and Sugire.

Begin about two hours after sunset.

Pre-Launch Buffs: Sugire casts Invisibility Sphere on Terasaka, Invisibility on himself, Yumi, and Shigeru, Fly on everyone in the Assault Team. Shigeru uses Extract of Personal Soar on everyone in the Support Team, and gives an extract of Personal Soar and Personal Disappear to each person in the Assault Team (with an extra set for the construct), plus a Boosted Personal Disappear to Yuuta and himself. Sugire also prepares two Major Image spells in his remaining slots. (I think this will require using up higher-level spell slots, but we have just enough to do it). Terasaka casts Fickle Winds and Mass Shield of Faith. Yumi casts Camouflage on herself.

Both teams proceed via flight to a point ~1200 feet above Okazaki. Terasaka casts Extended Recitation. Both teams drop at full run to the target, with the Support Team stopping at an altitude of ~300 feet and the assault team continuing down. Sugire casts Major Image over the entrance to the armory and the surrounding area, making it look and sound like normal, with the guard still on watch. When he does, Yuuta will assassinate the door guard. Terasaka will cast Wall of Stone to make a semi-circular perimeter around the entry, concealed by the Major Image, and Yumi will descend to cast Spike Growth around the immediate area before returning to the rest of the Support Team. After his initial casting, Sugire will slowly rise up to ~500 feet while concentrating on the illusion. Yumi and Shigeru both activate See Invisibility function of their Scout's Headbands.

The Assault Team will then proceed into the armory, locate the construct, activate it, loot everything we see, then go back outside, re-activate Invisibility, and fly away.

If at any point the alarm is raised, the Support Team will attempt to prevent any effective response from being mounted by blowing things up, sniping leaders/spellcasters/anyone showing initiative, and generally causing chaos while Sugire maintains the illusion and has it react appropriately. Shigeru will use Boosted Personal Disappear to stay hidden, while Yumi will use Stealth to snipe while staying concealed in the shadows. The Assault Team will abort the 'loot everything in sight' phase, and return immediately to the exit with the construct to make their escape.

THIS SHOULD BE THE FINAL PLAN, unless my Commune reveal serious problems. Marty- double check that I got your extract capacity right, particularly the ability to prepare lower-level spells in higher-level slots.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm

( Marty: please give a full list of Shigeru's infusions prepared, with infusions handed out marked, since his list this time will also be far different from normal )
( Judson: I forgot, but you did just ; feel free to get it done before the battle gets on the road. )

Sugire's Spells (CL7):
Lvl4 (1+1+B): Major Image x 2, Greater Mage Armor (self)
Lvl3 (2+1+B): Invisibility Sphere (Terasaka), Fly x 3 (Terasaka, Yuuta, Rainer)
Lvl2 (3+2+B): Invisibility x 3 (self, Yumi, Shigeru), Mirror Image, Web x 2
Lvl1 (4+2+B): Endure Elements (self), Feather Fall, Grease, Obscuring Mist, Shield (self), Vanish, Ventriloquism

Two hours after sunset on November 30th, the operation commences as planned. The group forms up and flies over the town at high altitude while under the cover of invisibility. It was clear skies tonight, with but a trace of clouds, hardly the optimal condition for night-time infiltration but no one in the group really had the ability to determine what weather they could operate under.

The two ninjas, Ayumu and Akira, were still operating near the castle, and informed you through the communication rings that everything seems to be normal so far. In fact, a detachment of several hundred ashigaru with ninja support had just left the castle, although they weren't too sure of the numbers given both the darkness and because they had to protect their cover from the enemy's agents.

As the group moves over the castle's airspace, Ayumu and Akira still reports that there wasn't any sign of the enemy noticing the assault/support teams...

(3 minutes have passed on all the min/lvl duration spells)

( final preparations )
( also, initiative checks from everybody, as well as their first course of action as they drop down into the castle... )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:06 pm

(I think you've over-estimated how many extracts I have. I pretty much have no healing today. So don't get hit, because I'm not dragging your corpse back :p)

Shigeru's Extracts
Level 1 - 5+2: Personal Alignment Shield, Personal Force Shield, Boosted Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Dash
Level 2 - 4+2: Personal Accelerate, Personal Enhance Form, Boosted Personal Moderate Cure, Boosted Personal Moderate Cure, Boosted Personal Moderate Cure, Personal Moderate Cure
Level 3 - 4+2: Personal Soar x6 (Everybody)
Level 4 - 2+1: Boosted Personal Disappear x2 (Shigeru, Yuuta), Personal Soar (Using higher level slot (Construct))

(Initiative: 16)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Party Buffs: Mass Shield of Faith (+4 Deflection AC); Fickle Winds (Immune to ranged attacks)

Personal Buffs: Girallon's Blessing, Fuse Arms, Instrument of Agony

Knowledge (Local) check for Knowledge Devotion, Divine Insight boosted: 1d20+31=36; +5 on attack/damage

Initiative: 1d20=14

Terasaka will follow Yuuta's lead on the descent, keeping the rogue within the Invisibility Sphere until the Major Image goes up and the guard is assassinated.

[Also, relevant Commune questions from the night before: Is Rainer's construct being held in the armory we are currently targeting? If no, is it being held in the other armory?]
[GM: Yes it's being held there ]
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:17 am

Rainer keeps up with the assault group, ready to deploy a turret if needed. His Omni-tool is set to Death Ray and ready for Turret placement.

Initiative:
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:19 am

Yuuta descends as quickly as he can while letting Terasaka keep him in the invisibility sphere. (Init 15+11=26)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:56 pm

INIT:
Yuuta/Dave(26) -> Rainer/Squall(17) -> Shigeru/Marty(16) -> Terasaka/Judson(14) -> Patrol2(13) -> Patrol1(11) -> Towers

BUFFS (CL):
Terasaka/Judson: Fickle Winds(11), Shield of Faith(11), Girallon's Blessing(11), Fuse Arms(11), Instrument of Agony(11), Fly(7), Invisibility Sphere (7)
Yuuta/Dave: Fickle Winds(11), Shield of Faith(11), Fly(7)
Rainer/Squall: Fickle Winds(11), Shield of Faith(11), Fly(7)
--- Each person on assault team has an infusion of Personal Soar/Fly (11) and Personal Disappear/Invisibility (11) from Shigeru
--- Yuuta also has an infusion of Boosted Personal Disappear (Greater Invisi; 11)

Shigeru/Marty: Fickle Winds(11), Shield of Faith(11), Fly(11), Invisibility (7)
Yumi: Fickle Winds(11), Shield of Faith(11), Fly(11), Camouflage(9), Invisibility (7)
Sugire: Fickle Winds(11), Shield of Faith(11), Fly(11), Invisibility (7)

( Need: AC from every1 )
( assault team: landing locations + stealth checks + perception checks )
( support team: location + altitude + perception checks )
( Map updated. There's 1 tower NE of the armory gates, 1 tower NW, a patrol on the inner walls not far away, and a patrol on the outer walls to the south. By the time each patrol moves out of the area another one will come by, so not too much point waiting )
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 pm

We start the stabbings as soon as Sugire casts his Major Image to cover the sentry and make everything appear normal.

Stealth: 1d20-2=15
Perception: 1d20+12=22
Not landing until Major Image is up and Yuuta assassinates the guard.

AC: 41; +7 guard
(also, my buffs are CL 12 now)

Yumi:
Init: 1d20+7 = 25
Perception: 1d20+20 = 28

AC: 37

Terminal Location: 300 feet above J9
Last edited by TheDude51 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:20 pm

(Dai, where are we in relation to the map? I really don't have a feel for what the situation is at all.)

Yuuta descends with Teraska, awaiting the Major Image.

AC: 36

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:56 pm

(We're directly above the Armory Gate. Make sure to tell Google to add a third dimension to their spreadsheets...)

[ GM: Yep, 1200ft above the gate area ]
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”