Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: System Updates & Recommendations

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:02 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:47 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:39 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:23 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:23 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:31 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:51 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:26 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:53 pm

I thought I fixed this but apparently not:

"However, if you choose to buy an item with a purchasing DC higher than your wealth score, then your wealth score will drop by a number equal to the difference."
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:18 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:53 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:28 pm

adding this to Guard mode description under combat for those still not understanding very well:
Guard Clarification:
As Guard mode is a somewhat complex defensive mechanic that's highly encouraged due to the deadliness of successful attacks in this low HP system, here's some further clarification: While you are in Guard mode, you have two different AC numbers: your Evasive AC, which gained a +5 boost (or higher with invested AP) thanks to Guard mode's Reflex bonus, and your Guard AC (improved Evasive AC + Guard modifier). Attacks that would miss your improved Evasive AC are dodged as usual without requiring a Guard attempt, while attacks that breach your Evasive AC automatically trigger a Guard attempt. Because Guard attempts are limited (normally 1/round without AP investment) and drains AP from your next round, it's normally recommended to focus on boosting Reflex modifier to improve Evasive AC before boosting Guard modifier.
It is recommended that most characters be in Guard mode whenever possible in combat, thus most NPCs attack/AC stats are calculated with the Guard mode bonus/penalties already included (recommended for PCs as well). However, you may not guard if you are not holding a melee weapon, a shield, or if you are using Power Attack or Raging Might [Feat]. It is also recommended for characters to invest all leftover AP at the end of each round into Guard mode to boost their AC, especially since said AP would otherwise be wasted anyway.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:03 pm

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Further system work is currently on hold. I'm brainstorming the best way to merge the ideas behind this system with pathfinder, since building the spell-list and mundane equipment repertoire to match will never happen given my time constraints, and they've done a lot better job with base class variations and feat chains than I originally realized.

The question becomes how to merge the important parts without making it become a huge list of rule variations like in Penthiae.

At this point you've had a chance to try out parts of the combat system. Any thoughts on things that should be dropped would be welcomed (I've already heard more than one complaint against Guard mechanic and AP-tracking xD)
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “System (Old, Archived)”