The Journal of Bahnak Karathsson

Moderator: Flopcorn

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Journal of Bahnak Karathsson

Postby Laharl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:53 am

Meet 01:

XPs:
Bahnak: 1200
Grim: 600
Seliana: 1125

RP XP:
Bahnak, Grim: 2400
Seliana: 4500
Lander: 1200 absentee XP

Events:

Kythorn 1:
Lander is still wounded, those demons inflicted some very resistant wounds that Grim cannot heal, nor can I. Cariad and I sparred again today, he won because he managed to dodge enough of my strokes that I could recover from his blows. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Kythorn 2:
Tyr sent me a vision of the Spine of the World as we rode into town today. It was shattered, and orcs and demons were pouring through, doing unspeakable things to the people there. As Tyr gives me strength, I shall not allow this to happen! We stopped at the Temple of Lathander. The priest there provided a great deal of assistance. Tomorrow, we take Lander to him to see if they can help him. He will also alert the other temples and beg for aid, and is giving us material aid as well. He sent me to another priestess, who improved my sword, infusing it with holy power. Seliana was reluctant to join us, but we convinced her in the end.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:44 am

Meet 02:

XPs:
Seliana: 1800
Everyone else: 1200

Later

Events:

Kythorn 3:
We took Lander to the priests today, and they healed him completely! The priest we talked to yesterday gave us a charm to summon him to our location in a time of great need and teleported us to the Spine. I got a vision from Tyr that told us to spend a night and leave in the morning to get to the break. We didn't have any tents, so we burrowed out a hole in a drift and made do. Cariad had two cold weather blankets, so Seliana got one. We diced for the remaining one and I ended up with it.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:07 am

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:34 am

Meet 04:

XPs:
Seliana: 5400
Others: 4100
Lander: 1000 bonus
Scott: 225 bonus

Events:
...We brought Cariad back in, but he wouldn't wake. Grim discovered he was poisoned and that we needed Storm Tears, which could be found to the east on the body of a dead wizard. We set out, Grim carrying Cariad.

Kythorn 5:
We continued marching, then Grim found what he was looking for to guide us to the wizard. He was in a cave, in the first room. Seliana looted his body and brought back the Tears. As we were about to leave, we were attacked by another demon, one that smelled really bad. Grim revived Cariad early in the fight. It paralyzed us with an unholy power we could not resist, but Lander was out of range. He battled it most valiantly and slew it alone! We got loot, too. Some of it was embarrassing. some of it useful. Grim found our next stop with some handy divination. We were to man the walls of Neverwinter and flee from Naque, or "Hope's Forgotten," which lay North and East. In short, go Southwest to Neverwinter...

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:51 am

Meet 05:

XPs:
Seliana: 2100
Others: 1350
RP:
Bahnak: 1000
Seliana: 1000
Grim: 500
Lander: 250

Party Loot Pile (Unclaimed loot carried by Grim):
600PP
Nonmagical statues x2 [Panther, other one]
Magical Longbows x5

Events:
...We left for Neverwinter, marching across the tundra. It's going to be a long walk, indeed. Our ETA at the city is approximately a month, give or take a few days depending on the interruptions and weather. We don't have enough food, but Grim can cast spells to create enough for us. We stopped for the night on the highway.

Kythorn 6: Another shockwave rumbled through Toril this morning, then Seliana spotted a group of robed figures not far from us. They pulled out longbows and fired at us without warning. We took some heavy damage in their initial volley, but managed to overcome them, but not before Cariad fell. I could have saved him after he fell, but I could not tell if he was alive or not, so I chose to absorb the force from my next attack myself rather than channel it to him. A moment later, I heard his last breath expire. If only I had paid more attention, if only I had thought to heal him, he would still be alive. A demon escaped with his body.
The demons had loot, but it could not match the cost of the encounter. Seliana foolishly opened a smoking bottle we found, and a djinni appeared. Seliana and I got in a huge argument with Grim over whether or not to continue or stay and rest up to heal. She and I wanted to rest and mourn, and he wanted to just go on, the insensitive berk. In the end, she pulled out the bottle and used a wish from the djinni to get him back. Grim then healed us all up. This has been one crazy, roller-coaster day.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:41 am

Meet 06:

XP:
Seliana, Bahnak: 1000
Grim, Lander: 500

Party Loot/Slush Fund (Grim carries all of this):
Now ID'd:
Manyfang Dagger
600PP
Ring of Spell Turning
6 +1 composite mighty +4 longbows

Cash per party member: *will tabulate after selling*

Events:

Kythorn 7: Lander left us to go his own way for a time, but he'll join back up with us soon. We continued on our way to Neverwinter, but decided walking was too slow. Seliana summoned the priest and he identified our loot before teleporting us to the city. We arrived near the docks and made our way into the city, buying Cariad some clothes and selling the loot. We went to a tavern in the evening and met a man wearing a jester mask. He offered us a deck of cards to draw from, and both Grim and I did. Grim changed into a dwarf and I drew a card that I could not use and then another mysterious card, the Moon. The jester would not explain what it did, so I'll find out the hard way.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:16 am

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Meet 08:

XPs:
Grim: 3350
Bahnak: 2425
Lander: 250
Seliana: 3100

Events:
Kythorn 8: I lost a sparring match to Grim, and Seliana and Cariad killed a dragon. Grim and I hung around the graveyard to talk, and then the full moon came out. I remember nothing after that, but Grim told me I turned into a wolf and tried to kill him! I guess I need to strengthen my will to control the wolf within...

Kythorn 9: At breakfast, we met an odd man named Ars who seemed oddly interested in our affairs. He was incredibly irritating and wouldn't give a straight answer to anything we asked. After much prodding, he revealed he was from the ancient land of Jhaamdath, which lay in the Vilhon Reach. Jhaamdath was destroyed 1600 years ago, but psionics, the "Invisible Art" has kept him alive. He gave me all sorts of fascinating information about Jhaamdath. He then taught me some mental exercises to help me control the wolf, he called it "autohypnosis."

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:25 am

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:40 pm

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:44 am

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:30 am

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed May 30, 2007 3:48 am

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:43 am

Meet 14:

XPs:

Events:
Kythorn 12: We decided to make for land, as I spent several hours fishing. Or tried to, as Lander brilliantly capsized the ship. We got it upright via one of Seliana's tree tokens, then several hours later, we crashed on land, destroying the ship.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:41 am

Return to “Shadows over Faerun”