Prologue / Mission 1 - Crime Wave (Feb 2 - Feb 5, 1002YK)

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Prologue

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:28 pm

(Ahz has low-light vision but not darkvision)
(New Day: no change to mental focus distribution since we're not level 5 yet (at level 5 i would have redistributed to get darkvision)

Ahz will take position somewhere in the middle of the group. Before they head down into the tunnel, Ahz focuses his powers and sets up a sensor to watch the entrance to the tunnel for him.

(Standard action, 1 point of Divination mental focus to activate Watchful Eye. The Watchful Eye sensor watches the entrance to the tunnel. Whenever any creature enters that square, Ahz receives a mental image of the creature as long as he is on the same plane as the sensor. The sensor remains active for 40 minutes. The image will not wake Ahz from slumber, although Ahz does receive all of the images the sensor collected once he wakes up. The sensor can be deceived by invisibility and similar magic.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:14 pm

Goodberry has no enhanced vision, and so suggests that he be last in line as he can still affect everyone.

"Adoett, if you cannot enhance your vision the way Gaget does, I believe I can help you borrow his power. If both of you agree, I'd suggest you go second. Even shrunk, I expect you will have decent combat prowess." he sends to Gaget and Adoett.

If they agree he sends the following.

to Gaget: "Open your mind, Think of your powers, all of them. Put them in a list, with your vision power at the front. Focus on it. Think of every aspect. The smells it causes, the visions it gives, the tastes."

To Adoett: "Open your mind, and branch out over the mental network. Reach out and look for Gaget. You will know his mind by the cool logic in it. Imagine his powers, like items on a menu. At the top of the menu you should find a power, in a larger font than the rest. Look at the ingredients. They should be the aspects of the power. The ways to unlock it. Follow them, like a recipe. Now manifest it."

(Adoett would need to make a DC 20 Spellcraft check [connect to Gaget's mind], followed by a DC 17 spellcraft check[Read the menu and select the power], and a final DC 17 spellcraft check [Manifest the power]. The last spellcraft check would expend 3PP to manifest the 2nd level power.)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:42 am

"Yes, that would indeed be appreciated. Thank you, Doctor, and you, Gadget."

Adoett concentrates, hoping he can manage to pull this off. Unfortunately, he's not so in tune with his inner self that he can reach out to others.

(Spellcraft 1d20+1=18)
(Spellcraft 1d20+1=13)
(Spellcraft 1d20+1=17)

He frowns, realising nothing is happening.

"I am, how you say, dense? Perhaps I should go acquire a potion. Or just walk in front of the good doctor."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:57 am

"Ah well it was worth a shot. Maybe working together will help you branch out in you abilities." Goodberry sends back. "Thank you for trying Gaget"

"In that case, do any of you ladies have darkvision? If so you may wish to go first. Adoett, Ahz, and I will take up the rear with a light source."

When he regains his powers, he selects Elfsight and manifests it for 1pp. His eyes glow brightly for a moment and then dim down to a faint glow.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Koko will follow after Gadget, though sadly needing a lantern, she is almost small enough to be comfortable, if not quite, and she does have skill with tricks, traps, and tunnels. At least at the slow pace she has time to watch out for the darn things, at least if Gadget doesn't trip them first.

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Adoett smiles as he realizes he can Do Something Useful. "I might not be able to see, but I can at least make light with my eyes." and proceeds to manifest , causing his eyes to glow brilliantly gold.

(40' cone of light, the first 20' of which are normal and the second 20' of which are one step up)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 pm

It looks like Kadi has darkvision as well, so I propose the following marching order:

Gaget (Darkvision), 15ft, Leah (Darkvision), Ashkharan (Darkvision), 15 ft, Goodberry(Low Light), Ahz(LL), Koko(normal), Adoett (LL, but providing light source so everyone can see)

Adoett's light cone should end in kadi's square.
Last edited by Squall255 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Gadget leads the group through the tunnel network and into the illusion-hidden tunnel without issue. But almost as soon as he moves into the tunnel, he finding a trap guarding the entrance. This first trap was almost too easy to find, as though the owners wanted it to give a warning.

( feel free to give more than one disable device to speed things up )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Gadget proceeds down the tiny corridor, swiftly locating and disarming each trap he comes upon.

(Disable Check 1: 2d20(3, 14)+13=27
Disable Check 2: 2d20(11, 10)+13= 24
Disable Check 3: 2d20(15, 2)+13= 28
Disable Check 4: 2d20(8, 16)+13=29)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Gadget completely bypasses the first two traps, which seem to be some sort of fire traps. The third and fourth he simply disabled -- some sort of mechanism that releasing something dangerous into the tunnel.

Eventually, after slowly working his way across the trap infested tunnel section, he comes across a sharp bend. He could see the light at the end of the tunnel shining in from the other side of the bend. However, Gadget also notices that there is one more camouflaged pressure plate trap just around the bend; he could try disabling it, but he would be operating in plain view of whomever was on the other end of the tunnel.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:04 pm

Gadget signals for the group to halt, and swigs a potion of invisibility. After he feels sufficiently undetectable, he proceeds to work on the pressure trap.

(Disable Check: 2d20(15, 13)+13= 28
Stealth Check: 1d20+16+20 (Invis)= 45).

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:36 pm

Gadget successfully disables the trap -- including a poisonous gas release valve -- without being detected. However, he does notice that apparently their intrusion was detected, and that several pairs of childish eyes were looking into the tunnel with suspicion.

The last segment of the small tunnel around the bend is 60ft long. A bullseye lantern held by one of the kids project dim light all the way in and reaches the bend. At the end of the tunnel is a flimsy look metal grate that was currently left open, but could probably be shut with ease.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:39 pm

"Kill your lights and stay still. It looks like we've been detected by some human cadets." Gadget relays through the collective telepathy.

Active Characters:

azrael
Race: Gnome

Postby azrael » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:59 am

Ashkharan draws power from the earth, letting it wrap around him (Flesh of Stone defensive talent, DR2/adamantine). Better safe than sorry...

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Koko frowns a little to herself at that choice of thought, as while he's thinking cadet, she's not entirely certain that Gadget has the right of things given the impression she has of the situation. Still she does as he asks, moving to the side of the tunnel and slowly changing her skin tone to match. Sure, it's not real chameleon skin, and only works on the exposed portions of her body, but it certainly is better than trying to stand out!

Return to “Game Threads”