Fires of Creation, Part II

Moderator: littleangryman

polahburr
Wolvermember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fires of Creation, Part II

Postby polahburr » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:04 pm

(Yep, that works!)
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Making sure that her rifle, while still in her hands, is not held in any remotely threatening way, Manizei gives the others a brief nod and steps forwards into the cavern.
"Well," she begins. "I'm glad we're able to talk. I suppose we should begin with the basics. I am Manizei, and I'm here to look for a lost man. Nothing more, or less, than that. I mean no harm to those who would leave me n peace, and I have no interest in taking what is yours. So," she smiles. "Who are you?"

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 am

(First order of business, I just now noticed that I forgot to give you Gerrol's stuff. Please add to the loot list: 1 Masterwork chain shirt, masterwork thieves' tools, 1 masterwork hand crossbow with 5 bolts, and 75 GP)

Niles and Manizei are taken to one of the structures in this cavern, which look to be huts made of scrap. Two features distinguish the cavern from any other: a large pit to the south, and the fact that the eastern wall of the cavern is clearly not natural, being composed of dull gray metal. (Niles would recognize this from his archaeological work as glaucite, an alloy common to technological ruins.)

Inside you meet with a lightly-armored female skulk, who addresses you thus. "Right. I'm called Sef, and as of about five days ago, I'm in charge of this tribe. And... *sigh* look, I'll be honest, I don't want to see this deal kill any more of us than it already has. So I'm up for a new deal. You want to get in there," she says, indicating the huge metal wall, "We'll let you through our caves to do it on two conditions. One: leave us unharmed. Two: there's a nest of gremlins in the caves to the north of here, and we and they don't like each other very much. Clean them out, and you can have safe passage. I'll even throw in some shiny techno.... stuff we found just inside. Sound good?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:11 pm

"Gremlins?"
Manizei's mismatched brown and grey eyes narrow. "You have my agreement to your terms. I would be wary of doing violence on your behalf, but gremlins ... those are different."

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:17 am

"Glad to hear it." Sef turns to Niles "And what about you?"

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:18 am

"It does seem like a reasonable offer," Niles opines.

"Can you show us the way to these gramlins?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:26 am

"They're in the caves north of here. There's about four of them, I think. We'd deal with them ourselves, but after that wizard and his team were through with us, there's only four of *us* now, and I really don't like those odds. Also, the little bastards like their traps, so keep an eye out." Sef indicates a passage to the north. "Come back and let me know when it's done. Good hunting!"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 am

"The wizard and his team? Out of curiosity, has anyone else 'come through' lately?"

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:46 am

"Yeah, that's how we got into this mess. About twelve days ago, this big group comes in. Orcs and rat men mostly, led by this spooky purple-haired lady named.... oh what was it? Mandy... Melana... no.... Meyanda, that was it. Looked human, but with shiny skin, weird eyes, and funny glowing tattoos. Creepy monotone voice too." (Niles recognizes this as an unflattering, but mostly accurate description of an android.) "Anyway, my predecessor and this Meyanda got to talking and she gave us a deal: She gives us a big crate of silverdisks, and we kill anyone who comes in after her. She and her group went into the ruin and we haven't seen them since.

After that, the halflings came and were eaten by beetles before we met them. The second group were some local toughs we took care of right quick. We tried to do the same to the third group, led by that wizard I mentioned, and they promptly tore us a new one. Our tribe went from two dozen members to four in no time at all. They even took our payment for the job with them. Got some stuff from the ruin, came back and left."

She sighs. "The fourth group was some sort of religious pilgrimage. Don't know too much about spiritual stuff myself, so I didn't recognize the holy symbols. We were in no shape to stop them, so they went in but never came out. Anyway, group five was led by the same guy from group three and we weren't tangling with him again. He never came back this time. Well, one guy did, we chased him into the mold. But that's it."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:42 pm

(Does anyone else have anything to say, or are you going to go fight some gremlins?)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Enlali isn't in the chamber, so she's nervously shaking grime out of her hair and leaning up against her bardiche.
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:25 pm

(Gremlin time.)

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 pm

(Grand.)

You all find yourselves embarking on an errand to kill gremlins. You are currently at a fork in the northern passages, leading either northwest or northeast. What'll it be?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun May 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Harskgun votes for Northwest.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sun May 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Having only been told that the gremlins are 'north', Manizei has little real opinion on which way to go, and agrees with Harskgun.

Return to “Game Threads”