Part 3: Into the Citadel

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 3: Into the Citadel

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Epicette's hair touches the one who grappled Daveed (#3), sending a burst of positive energy to entice him to back off.
( attack 18+6 = 24 touch; Healing Hex for 17 damage )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Malorix steps forth and channels, with the intention of harming the undead. (3+3+5+4+6=21, DC 15 for half.)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 am

Henric is unphased by the creature's attempt at mind control.

Malorix stands at the bars, holding his shield and bastard sword together, and a wave of holy energy erupts from him, severly damaging all of the creatures. The blast is so strong that number 5 turns into a cloud as well.

Epicette's hair whips around making long coiling strikes, deftly avoiding Daveed's armor and strikes number 3, causing it too to turn into a cloud as Daveed is left standing there with some tattered robes lying on him.

Number 5's cloud begins moving past the group

At the end of the round, anyone who passes a DC 10 perception check notices some louder wailing behind you and see two incorporeal forms of horribly mangled human paladins with limbs broken in multiple places moving towards you with their arms outstretched.

Henric and Cernandlon are up. After they act, cloud #1 is going to move south and out of view under/through the closed doors, then Daveed is up.

#1: clouded
#2: clouded
#3: below half
#4: almost dead
#5: clouded
#6: below half
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:38 pm

(Perception 1d20+12=16)

Seeing the ghostly figures approach, Henric reflexively blasts off a magic missile at the one in front.

(5d4+5=19 force damage)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:22 pm

(Don't really have much I can use against incorporeal enemies, so....)

Cernandlon uses his Protection from Evil spell-like ability, warding himself against the evil creatures.

(Move action to regain focus/switch active type to Undead)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Henric's missles hit the spectral warrior and seems to disrupt him, and Cernandlon gets his spell off without an issue. One of the clouds moves around the corner to the south.

Daveed is up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Daveed slashes at V4.
(single attack, CE active)
1d20+14= 24; 1d8+7= 11 [cold iron, good, magic, slashing]

AC: 30)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Daveed's scimitar comes down on the undead creature and he feels a strong resistance, and then no resistance as it turns into a cloud of smoke.

Number 6 glares at Malorix, and says "This isn't over!" before turning into a cloud himself. clouds 3 2 4 and 6 then move past the group. Number 2 disappears to the south.

Malorix and Epicette are up.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Malorix has little he can do at this point beyond starting to chase them. Also informing the party: "He's right, this isn't over. We've got to find where their clouds are going or we're just going to be having this fight again in a day or so. Maybe less, I'm not sure."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Epicette isn't sure what she's supposed to do now as against a bunch of cloudy undead... she moves to behind Malorix and readies her hair (with its 10ft reach) in case either of the horribly mangled paladins rush up to attack.

( readied attack roll: nat5+7 = 11 touch <_< )
( Heal Hex: 23 positive energy )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Malorix makes it into position, and cloud #5 moves around the corner to the south like the rest of them. (Here be clouds label added to clarify where the clouded vampires seem to be heading)

The two spectres move up to attack. S2 manages to make it up to Malorix and reaches out with an icy hand, but is distracted my Epicette's wildly flailing hair (which fails to hit the undead ghost)

S1 alsso approaches and makes up for the first one's failure with a hand that reaches through Malorix's plate armor right to the tieflings heart. (Critical hit, take 13 damage and 2 )

Henric, Cernandlon, and Daveed are up.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:41 pm

On his turn, Daveed rushes to the aid of his tiefling ally, his blade taking on a translucent glow as he brings it to bear against one of the spectres.

(Burn 1 MP for bonus move action, Swift action to make Radiance a +2 Flaming, Ghost Touch weapon, CE active, full attack vs. S1

Attack 1: 1d20+14= 24; 1d8+7+1d6= 12+6 [cold iron, magic, slashing]
Attack 2: 1d20+9= 23; 1d8+7+1d6= 12+3 [cold iron, magic, slashing]

AC: 30, touch 13)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:25 am

Henric points at the spectre Daveed hit and several force missiles launch out of his finger (Empowered Magic Missile).

5d4+5=17*1.5=25 force damage

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:44 pm

(If S1 is still up, target S1. Otherwise, target S2)

Cernandlon lines up a shot and fires at the incorporeal creature.
(Attack [Disrupt Pattern, Psionic Shot, Deadly Aim, Vital Strike]: 1d20+18 = 23)
(Damage: 1d8+10+1d8+2d6+2d6+4 = 33 Magic, Cold Iron, Piercing damage)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:25 am

Henric's force missiles collide with the spectre and cause a disruption, allowing Cernandlon time to draw a good bead on the creature, sending an arrow sailing through the mutilated face. Daveed steps up and with a prayer to his blade, performes a flourishing X shaped double cut which causes the spirit to discorporate.

The rest of the vampire spawn clouds fly through the southern hallway.

Malorix and Epicette are up. (Knowledge Religion for more information on these incorporeal undead)
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”