Part 3: Into the Citadel

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 3: Into the Citadel

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:06 pm

(Map updated, you come down and see door #2 open as the heel of the last (what you assume to be a) tiefling disappears through the doorway. T1 the subject of your sleep hex lies sprawled on the ground, having fallen asleep in mid stride.) Cernandlon still has a Standard action, as does Epicette
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:40 am

(Assuming it's still relevant after what Epicette said, Perception 13+7=20; Languages: Common/Taldan, Abyssal, Hallit, Celestial, Sylvan, Infernal, Thassilonian, Skald)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Not wanting to split the party, Henric catches up to Epicette.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Cernandlon is still trying to catch up with the rest of the party, which has scattered.
(use my standard action to move me to the rest of the party? use climb speed if needed to avoid difficult terrain.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:10 pm

(Sorry for delay. I had forgotten that I didn't finish my turn...)

Epicette casts Black Tentacles via Wild Arcana on BR35, hoping to block off the squad's path of retreat and keep them there.
(here's rolls for seven targets. need more? let's start from those furthest away...)
Grapple1: 18+15 = 33; 6 dmg
Grapple2: 14+15 = 29; 5 dmg
Grapple3: 11+15 = 26; 6 dmg
Grapple4: 10+15 = 25; 9 dmg
Grapple5: 3+15 = 18; 6 dmg
Grapple6: 7+15 = 22; 9 dmg
Grapple7: 3+15 = 18; 7 dmg
(grappled foes need a DC30 check to break free; area counts as difficult terrain)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 pm

EDIT: Not having enough movement range *again*, Malorix moves up near Epicette to the point that he'll maybe be able to do something next round.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:19 am

Henric flies down into what use to be an armory, while Cernandlon climbs down the rubble after him. Daveed likewise flies down into the room.

Epicette makes it to the open doorway and unleashes black tentacles into the hallway, ensnaring all the creatures she can see, and Malorix brushes past her to the edge of the tentacles.

T1 regains consciousness and looks up to regain is surroundings, quickly scrambling to his feet at the sight of Epicette and Henric (Daveed gets an AoO), he then flees to the south cursing in Abyssal (many variations of "Shit Shit Shit", "Fuck!", and "I'm dead")

T2 manages to break free of the tentacles, and begins moving south, screaming about intruders.

T3 and T4 continue to be grappled.

Malorix sees T5 break his grapple and move west out of sight

Malorix Henric and Epicette hear a large door open to the north west (in the hallway probably, near door 6, but not door 6)

Then another door opens to the south of the hallway (BV44) and a tiefling walks out, sees the shit going on to the north, and decides going south is his best option. He is also shouting about intruders.

Turn 5!

Reminder: resolution of actions will be attempted in the following order:
Daveed AoO
Henric
Cernandlon
Daveed
Epicette
Malorix

Dai: make 3 grapple checks this turn.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:06 am

Malorix moves to T2 and attempts to illustrate just how bad their situation is. (Attack: 19+12=31, confirm 17+12=29, damage 4=3=7, bonus 9+3=12; 19 total)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Daveed strikes at the tiefling with the flat of his blade as he attempts to escape.

(1d20+16= 34 (30 confirm); 2d8+14= 21 nonlethal).

"Stay down, and you won't be killed." He says after the tiefling hits the ground again.

(Intimidate: 1d20+5= 17)

On his regular turn, Daveed pushes further into the citadel.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Daveed's first blow knocks the tiefling back to the ground, where it begins to cower and does not seem to attempt to get back up. It continues to curse in abyssal "Shit shit shit, fuck me, shit" though it's in a more hushed tone now.

(Will resolve Malorix's crit at a later time)
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Not trusting that the tiefling will obey Cernandlon shoots T1 with a blunt arrow before following the rest of the group.

(Attack [Deadly Aim, Vital Strike, Blunt Arrow]: 1d20+12 = 32 (confirm: 1d20+12 = 22), does not confirm)
(Damage: 1d8+8+1d8 = 21 nonlethal damage)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Henric, preferring not to be the first into a potentially dangerous room, takes a potshot at T2 with a small blob of acid (Lesser Orb of Acid).

Attack: 1d20+10=19 touch
Damage: 5d8+8=33 acid

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Epicette flies south to stop T7 before he makes it out of the room by sending him slumping into the corner. She also pulls out her spear midflight...
( Sleep Hex ! )

( grapple1: 10+15 = 25 )( 6dmg )
( grapple2: 4+15 = 19 )( 8dmg )
( grapple3: 12+15 = 27 )( 9dmg )
[ CMD30 to escape; failed grapple above only means no damage but they're still caught ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:08 am

Henric moves up and his ball of acid strikes true, leaving considerable burn damage to the tiefling's left arm.

Cernandlon's arrow thuds solidly into the crouched tiefling's ribs and you think you might have heard a faint crack. The tiefling cries in pain as the arrow clatters to the floor.

Daveed gives chase into the hallway.

Epicette's target crumples to the floor as the cries in the hallway seem to grow more frantic.

Malorix's impatient fury finally finds a release as he brings his bastardsword in a sideways cleave that takes T2's head clean off.

T1 draws a potion from his belt, drinks it, and then feels his ribs where he was shot.

T2's body fountains blood at Malorix in a threatening manner.

T3 struggles in vain against the tentacles

T4 does a surprisingly impressive impression of T3.

T7 sleeps.

There seems to be a lot of yelling in the northern hallway, and wherever that leads.

Round 6! Fight!
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 am

Daveed hears the shouting and gives no noticeable response. Instead, he pushes through the door immediately south of him.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”