Part 3: Into the Citadel

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 3: Into the Citadel

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:42 pm

( removed DW10 from map since he should be dead )

Nighttime tentacular weather conditions continue:
DW1: 13+15 = 28; 6dmg
DW4: 7+15 = 22; 9dmg
DW6: nat1
DW12: 18+15 = 33; 9dmg
DW13: 7+15 = 22; 6dmg
DW14: 13+15 = 28; 5dmg

Epicette follows behind Malorix and readies a Sleep Hex against the first foe that comes into sight from the corridor.

( Perception 9+13+3 = 25 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:48 am

Henric's aim is true, and he does some damage to DW14 but the dwarf stays up.

Cernandlon however, uses the small blob of acid as a targeting device and lands an arrow right in the beard, killing the dwarf.

Dwarfs 4 and 13 don't seem to be particularly hurt by the tentacles this round by the tentacles.

Dwarf 12 manages to get free of the tentacles and rushes forward, but does not make it into Daveed's reach before the end of the turn.

Malorix's spell goes off and he rounds the corner.

Perception results should be in your PM boxes.

Round 15!
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 am

"Regroup!" Daveed roars, quickly realizing that his comrades were so spread out. Just as he finishes, D12 comes sliding out of tentacle hell, and straight into first the blade, and then the pommel of Radiance.

(Readied Attack+AoO vs D12, CE engaged
1d20+14= 19; 1d8+8= 14 [cold iron, slashing]
1d20+14-4(nonlethal)= 25; 1d8+8= 11 [cold iron, slashing, nonlethal])
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:54 am

(DM Note: You may all feel free to make any knowledge checks pertaining to what you saw/heard as you feel may be relevant)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:04 am

Henric moves nearer to Daveed and Cernandlon, and says "We've got incoming from the west. Some people who look like crusaders of Iomedae led by a succubus goading them to attack us. I'm thinking some sort of mind-affecting spell. I'll try a dispel when they get closer."

(Know[planes] to identify the demon: 1d20+16=31.)

[EDIT: Succubus confirmed, readied dispel for the first crusader to come through the west door]

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:04 am

Malorix peeks around the corner, sweatdrops, and double moves back to the party, indicating that Epi really ought to follow him. "That's not all, we've got constructs of some sort led by a crazy lady with a greatsword coming in from the north. We really kicked the hornet's nest this time."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Tentacles strike again:
DW1: 13+15 = 28; 5dmg
DW4: 10+15 = 25; 5dmg
DW6: 15+15 = 30; 7dmg
DW12: 13+15 = 28; 10dmg
DW13: 1+15 = 16
(I keep forgetting to note this: +5 to Grapple checks if they're already grappled; that might change result for DW4/13 last round)
(CMD30 as usual)

Epicette moves back with Malorix, putting her just in range of the southern door (although not quite for line-of-sight; so Henric will definitely hit targets before her). She readies a Slumber Hex against any hostile-looking threat who comes into sight in the south.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:39 pm

Hearing Heinric mention that there was a demon nearby (and hearing the creature shout), Cernandlon wheels around and moves to where he has a clear shot at the foul creature! Then he shoots twice.

(Move Action: move 10' north)

(Standard Action)
(Attack vs J [Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Psionic Shot, Durable Cold Iron Arrow]: 1d20+19 = 36)
(Damage vs J: 1d8+12+1d8+5d6 = 43 magic piercing cold iron damage)

(Free Action: Amazing Initiative (1 MP) -> Standard Action -> Move Action: Regain psionic focus, change active type to Outsider)

(Swift Action: Distant Barrage (1 MP))
(Attack vs J [Deadly Aim, Psionic Shot, Conductive, +1 Holy Arrow]: 1d20+21 = 37)
(Damage vs J: 1d8+15+7d6 = 44 damage (ignores all DR) plus any healing J receives (including fast healing) is halved for 3 rounds)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:49 am

Henric Readies Dispel Magic.

Cernandlon manages to thread the needle with two shots and catches the succubus with both arrows. The first one landing in the demon's right wing bone (just over her shoulder) while the second hits her left shoulder and barely misses the small bit of fabric holding her top on.

Daveed's roar is heard everyone seems to be gathering up. (no actions posted so I'll assume readied action to attack anything that gets in range)

Epicette's tentacles continue their mayhem and kill Dwarven Warrior #4, but fail to regain their grip on Dwarf 12! She also readies a Sleep Hex.

Malorix double times it back towards the group.

Dwarves:
DW1 futilely struggles against tentacles.
DW4 dies to tentacles
DW6 seems to be having a slightly better time than DW1, but not by much.
DW12 breaks free of the tentacles! Upon stepping out from the doom room he is promply twacked by Daveed's readied action. He turns to go up the eastern stairs and exposes the back of his very vulnerable neck, which Daveed proceeds to beat with the flat of his blade, knocking the dwarf unconscious.
DW13 also fails to break free of the grapple.

The Succubus moves closer and pulls the arrow out of her shoulder, licking it seductively as she makes eye contact with Cernandlon. (Will Save) While her men continue to march towards the room (1 move action used so far)

The 3 statues give chase around the corner and manage to catch up to Malorix (Double move so no attacks)
(Epicette has enough Know[Arcana] to know that Sleep isn't useful vs constructs)

The warrior woman that Malorix saw comes barreling around the corner after the constructs and Epicette, seeing a valid target, unleashes her sleep hex, causing the human to fall to the ground and slide, coming to a stop 5ft further than where she cast the hex, with her greatsword sliding another 5ft beyond that.

More actions pending results of the following:
Cernandlon's Will Save
Henric's Dispel Check
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:28 am

Henric's dispel goes off.

Dispel check: max(2d20)+8=max(1,20)+8=28

Hot damn Eldritch Breach!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Cernandlon's Will Save
28 without any resource-expending bonus options. 1d20+10 (normal) + 1 (vs Evil outsiders) + 1 (overflowing grace). rolled 16.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Cernandlon seems to slow for a moment and closes his eyes and the feeling passes without any lasting ill effects.

The Succubus seems to grow angry about this. "Attack the Elf! The Inheritor demands the head of the elven blasphemer!"

With that the soldiers begin making their way into the room when Henric's dispel goes off. As C3 is walking through the doorway he seems to slow down as though he's unsure of his actions. The 3 soldiers behind him push him through the doorway saying things along the lines of "Get a move on!" "For the Inheritor!" etc.

Cernandlon gets a free AoO vs Crusader 2 as he moves past

Next Round! Go!
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:13 am

"Fall back to the stairs! We'll bottle them up there!" Daveed cries, as he moves to support Henric and Cernandlon.

(readied attack vs nearest hostile other than C2, CE engaged
1d20+14-4(nonlethal)= 23; 1d8+8= 14 [cold iron, nonlethal])
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:19 pm

"Graven Guardians huh... War and Evil domain powered golems. They have fast healing too!" (denoting S1-S3)

Epicette casts Sanctuary on Malorix to help him disengage (Will DC18 to attack him; good thing you're at the bottom of the order Scott) before falling back to the southern room.

Ongoing tentacles:
(+5 on grapple check if already grappled)
DW1: 15+15 = 30; 5dmg
DW6: 15+15 = 30; 5dmg
DW13: 12+15 = 27; 8dmg
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Cernandlon shoots again at the vile demoness controlling the crusaders, seemingly oblivious to the fact that he was almost surrounded, but quite aware of the situation he was in.
(Move Action: Regain psionic focus)
(Swift Action: Manifest defensive precognition as swift action (via third eye), augmenting to 4PP for +2 insight to AC and Saves)
(Standard Action: ATTACK THE SUCCUBUS!)
(Attack [Steel Arrow, Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Psionic Shot): 1d20+19 = 30)
(Damage: 2d6+7+2d6+3+1d6+2+2d6 = 41 Piercing magic damage)

(Current AC: 25) (eating the AoOs, moving to avoid them would mean I'd have to shoot blind via Trick Shot since I'd lose my direct LoS to the target)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”