Part 3: Into the Citadel

Moderator: Squall255

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Part 3: Into the Citadel

Postby littleangryman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:30 am

Malorix moves away from the construct to just inside the door and casts Hold Person on C1. (DC 17 Will save)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:14 am

Henric steps back and attempts to free the mind of C2.

(Dispel check: max(2d20)+8=19)

(Eric says failure, so adding Surge: 1d6=5 for a total of 24)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Henric's spell goes off, and it seems like it wouldn't be enough. He digs deep and reinforces the dispel and manages to shatter the compulsion on the crusader.

Cernandlon prepares and launches an arrow at the succubus and catches her in the forearm.
C1 tries to retaliate with a blow from his sword, but does not manage to connect.

Daveed readies to attack.

Epicette's spell goes off and Malorix feels safer. DW13 dies from tentacles.

Malorix then retreats and succeeds in disabling C1 with his Hold Person spell!

Both dwarves are still grappled.

The succubus glares at Cernandlon and announces "This isn't over Elf!" and then disappears.

C4 gets out his crossbow and fires a bolt at Cernandlon who dips his shoulder to dodge the bolt.

C2 and C3 take up defensive stances as they try to piece together what's going on.

C1 continues to be paralyzed

The Warrior Woman seems to be waking up. She stands, grabs her sword and takes a step forward.

S2 and S3 move up and raise their warhammers at Malorix, but just seem to stand their with their warhammers raised.

S1 however decided to attack Epicette and moves adjacent to the witch and seems to have no such issue with attacking, managing to land a blow for 14 Magic Bludgeoning damage.

This brings us to round 17!

C1: paralyzed
C2: unsure
C3: unsure
C4: some form of mind control

WW: healthy
S1-S3 all healthy.

DW1: heavily wounded
DW6: nearly dead
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Daveed drops his readied attack and slips into a more neutral stance, as he attempts to plead with the confused men before.

"Comrades, throw off this madness! We are not your enemy!" (Diplomacy: 1d20+22= 30 (32 if Cs are evil))
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Henric continues dispelling, this time targetting C4.

(Dispel check: max(2d20)+8=25)

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:10 am

Epicette looks rather bloodied after taking the vicious blow. Realizing that her allies are too busy to help, she takes a 5ft step back and casts Strangling Hair, and her locks rush out to constrict the attacking golem.
( Grapple: 14+15 = 29; 6 damage; CMD30 to break free )
( SR 12+8 = 20 )

Black Tentacles:
DW1: nat1 grapple
DW6: 17+15+5 = 37 grapple; 10 damage
[ CMD30 to break free ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:49 am

Being confronted with very fast-moving constructs, Malorix takes a 5' step away from one and full attacks the other. (19+12=31, confirm 12+12=24; 17+7=24. Damage: 10+3=13, if confirm 2+3=5; 6+3=9)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun May 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Cernandlon scowls when the succubus vanishes, changing his target to the screaming barbarian.

(5' Step south)
(Move Action: Regain psionic focus)
(Standard Action: Attack WW)
(Attack [Steel Arrow, Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Psionic Shot): 1d20+17 = 29)
(Damage: 2d6+7+2d6+2d6 = 30 Piercing magic damage)

(Current AC: 25)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:05 am

Henric seems to be getting the hang of this dispelling thing and C4 seems dazed as the enchantment loses it's hold over him.

Cernandlon shoots the barbarian woman but she doesn't seem to notice as the arrow slices a shallow cut in her left arm. (Hit, slightly reduced damage).

Daveed talks to the crusaders and C2-C4 seem to fall back on some training, recognizing Daveed as some form of commander. "Orders, Sir?" the three ask. C1 does not move and you get no reading from him as he is paralyzed by the Hold Person spell.

Epicette's hair manages to lock around the Graven Guardian, slowing it's movements considerably, though it doesn't appear to be doing much if any damage. Meanwhile Dwarf #6 dies to tentacles.

Malorix lands both blows and confirms his critical hit though his cold iron blade is less effective against stone creatures than the fleshy demons he's use to.

new allies:
"Orders Sir?" (Readied action to move to engage)

Bad Guys:

DW1 continues to be grappled.

at second glance, WW does seem to have noticed the arrow as she comes barreling towards Cernadlon, and looks like she's going to just push her way past C3 to get to him. (double move)

S1 tries to break the grapple and fails

S2 moves up and attacks Malorix connecting once (of two hits) for 8 Bludgeoning Magic damage

S3 also attacks Malorix, and also hits one of two strikes, however this one hurts considerably more. 16 magic bludgeoning damage.

Your turn guys! Round 18.

Malorix gets an AoO on WW as she runs past him before the Graven Guardians close on him.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon May 04, 2015 1:27 am

(AoO 16+12=28, damage 8+3=11)

Malorix finds himself in a bit of a pickle and fights defensively. (attack on S2: nat 1; AC boosted to 24)

"Little help here?"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon May 04, 2015 1:28 am

"Withdraw to the eastern staircase." Daveed states, indicating the stairs with his sword.

(Action resumes after guards move)

With a rush of sacred power, Daveed's eyes, blade, and sun-mark glow with a golden radiance, as he moves to engage the female warrior.

(Declaring Merciful Smite, Move next to WW, Single Attack, CE Engaged
1d20+19= 27; 1d8+14= 18 [ignores DR] [Nonlethal]

AC: 26 (31 vs WW))
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Thu May 07, 2015 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon May 04, 2015 1:39 am

Tentacles continue trying to strangle DW1:
Grapple 17+15+5 = 37; 5 damage
(CMD 30 to break free)

Hair continue to grapple S1
Grapple 14+15+5 = 34; 2 damage
(CMD 30 to break free)

Epicette moves back some more towards the southeast.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue May 05, 2015 2:21 am

Henric continues this dispelling madness, this time on C1.

(Dispel check: max(2d20)+8=28)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue May 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Cernandlon shoots the barbarian again, glad to have someone between him and the raving barbarian.

(Move Action: Regain psionic focus, change active type to Humanoid)
(Standard Action: Attack WW)
(Attack [Steel Arrow, Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Psionic Shot, Conductive, Point Blank Shot]): 1d20+18 = 34)
(Damage: 2d6+8+2d6+2d6+2d6+3 = 47 Piercing magic damage)

(Current AC: 25)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:54 am

Henric casts the spell and feels pretty good about its strength, but is quite confused when the crusader starts moving again.

Cernandlon manages to line up a shot, though it doesn't seem to be deterring the barbarian.

Daveed issues the order and the 4 crusaders all rush around the corner to the south (withdraw action) and quickly exclaim "WHAT THE FUCK?" upon seeing Epicette grappling a golem with her hair.

Epicette retreats a bit while the golem remains grappled and takes very little damage.

Malorix swings and misses.

WW is still upset about those arrows, and rushes past Daveed (provoking an AoO) and swings her mighty greatsword at the elf for 21 magic slashing damage

S1 remains grappled

Unfortunately for Malorix S2 seems to have gotten a good read on his fighting style and lands 2 hits for 11 and 12 damage.

S3 is less coordinated, only managing to land one blow for 15 damage.

Round 19! Go!
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”