Part 3: Into the Citadel

Moderator: Squall255

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Part 3: Into the Citadel

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Noticing the tentacles no longer seem interested in grappling him, Daveed pushes into the room via the door to his left, and unleashes a volley of strikes at the first evil dwarf he sees.

(Full Attack, CE engaged
1d20+14= 22; 1d8+8= 14 [magic, slashing]
1d20+9= 25; 1d8+8= 16 [magic, slashing]

AC: 26)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Malorix notices a dwarf trying to get through the door directly ahead of him. He attempts to put a stop to that with a large hunk of cold iron to the brain. (14+12=26, damage 6+3=9)

(AC 22)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Ongoing tentacular weather conditions:

T4: 1+15 nope
T5: 10+15 = 25; 8dmg

DW1: 13+15 = 28; 5dmg
DW3: 3+15 = 18; 7dmg
DW4: 8+15 = 23; 5dmg
DW5: 11+15 = 26; 8dmg
DW6: 4+15 = 19; 5dmg
DW7: 7+15 = 22; 6dmg
DW8: 19+15 = 34; 9dmg
DW9: 4+15 = 19; 6dmg
DW12: 14+15 = 29; 5dmg
DW13: 2+15 = 17; 9dmg
DW14: 15+15 = 30; 10dmg

Grapple vs CMD30 to break free.

Epicette moves right up to the runaway dwarf and hexes him into sleep (goes after Henric/Cernandlon so feel free to take moves against if want; will modify action if he gets killed).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:45 am

Henric flicks a little glob of acid at the runaway dwarf, satisfied that the [strike]meatshields[/strike] tanks have the chokepoints well under control (Lesser Orb of Acid, line of sight should be provided from my top left to his top left; will move if needed).

Attack: 1d20+11=nat1

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:27 am

Henric's glob of acid gets away from him as he drops it shortly after creating it, almost catching his own foot. He's able to hop out of the way in time but there is a small dip in the floor where he dropped his spell.

Cernandlon shoots DW7 and the dwarf falls with an arrow in his beard.

Daveed's fury appears unstoppable as he cuts a X into the chest of the dwarf in front of him who falls over dead (D5).

Epicette notices Henric's folly and rushes up to the runaway dwarf to cover for the mage. The dwarf falls flat on his face while running. "Fortunately dwarves are hardy, hitting the ground that hard might have woken a weaker creature." Epicette thinks, wincing at how hard the dwarf hit the ground. Tentacular weather conditions to the north have been reduced. The weather conditions are still bothering the dwarves though.

Malorix lands a hit and his large hunk of cold iron mysteriously transforms into a bastardsword! He misses the brain but does manage to put a respectable gash in his opponent's sword arm.

Dwarf number 9 manages to break free of his grapple! He tries to make a break for freedom and powerslide past Daveed and out of the tentacles. However Daveed is too quick and brings his shield down, preventing him from leaving the room.

All other dwarves are enjoying the ambient weather.

Round 13!
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:44 am

While not making it past him, the dwarf does manage to powerslide onto Daveed's sword.

(Full Attack; CE engaged
1d20+14= 32 (27 confirm); 2d8+16= 27 [cold iron, slashing]
1d20+9= 19= 1d8+8= 13 [cold iron, slashing]

AC 26)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Ongoing tentacular weather conditions:

DW1: 17+15 = 32; 5dmg
DW3: 2+15 = 17
DW4: 13+15 = 28; 10dmg
DW6: 4+15 = 19; 8dmg
DW8: 16+15 = 31; 7dmg
DW9: 13+15 = 28; 10dmg
DW12: 12+15 = 27; 7dmg
DW13: 18+15 = 33; 8dmg
DW14: 11+15 = 26; 8dmg
(CMD30 to break)

Epicette then skewer's the sleeping dwarf's throat with her spear. (CDG for 14 damage)

( AC22 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:37 am

Malorix is irritated by the dwarf before him, whose continued insistence on living is preventing him from getting a good line of effect to the rest of them. So it's slashing time again! (18+12=30, damage 9+3=12)

EDIT: Dave just KS'd me. So instead Malorix will glance over his shoulder, notice that the northern tentacles are gone, and go check on that. (Double move)
Last edited by littleangryman on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Henric flicks a little glob of acid at the dwarf Malorix is engaging (Acid Splash to conserve resources).

Attack: 1d20+10=27 touch
Damage: 1d3+4=6 acid

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:58 am

Cernandlon is surprised that the beard is a vital dwarven organ. He attempts to verify this hypothesis by shooting another dwarf in the vicinity of its beard.

(Attack vs DW8 [Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Conductive]: 1d20+17 = 29
(Damage vs DW8: 1d8+7+1d8+2d6+3 = 27 magic piercing damage)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Malorix is startled when the small blob of acid comes over his right shoulder and drops just enough to hit the dwarf in front of him in the face, melting the dwarfs eye out of it's socket and sizzling much of the hair in the dwarf's beard. Malorix is beset by the smell of burning hair ad DW3 drops to the ground.

Cernandlon follows with a arrow under Malorix's left arm striking DW8 in the beard. It seems to be quite damaging but the dwarf continues to struggle against the tentacles.

Daveed's first strike to the dwarf causes it to lie there bleeding, with the double-tap killing it.

Epicette's tentacles continue to damage the dwarves (DW6 was not particularly hurt this turn) and her CDG seems to have been a success as the dwarf ceases breathing after a small gurgle of blood.

Malorix rushes past Epicette to the north.

Dwarf 14 manages to get free! this dwarf makes a break for the open door.

Dwarves 1,12,and 14 look relatively healthy, while dwarves 4,6,and 13 look to be on the verge of death.

And so begins round 14. Everyone please include a Perception check with your post.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:23 pm

Daveed backs up 10ft and readies to strike the next enemy to make a dash out of the room, calling to his comrades: "They're broken, strike them down, but spare them if you can."

(Readied Attack, CE engaged
1d20+13-4(nonlethal)= 23; 1d8+8=15 [cold iron, slashing, nonlethal]
AC 26)

(Perception: 1d20+16= 25)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Cernandlon moves up to the edge of the field of tentacles and fires an arrow at DW14.

(Attack vs DW14 [Vital Strike, Deadly Aim]: 1d20+17 = 26)
(Damage vs DW14: 1d8+7+1d8 = 21 magic piercing damage)

(Perception: 1d20+13 = 21 (23 vs traps or evil outsiders))
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:33 am

Henric fires another Acid Splash into the room at a random DW in sight.

(Attack: 1d20+10=16 touch, 1d3+4=6 acid)
(Perception: 1d20+11=27)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:06 am

Malorix has a feeling he'll need some extra buffing for theis next bit. Just a feeling. He casts Divine Favor on himself and rounds the corner to see what's what.

(Perception 18+7=25)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”