Part 1: The Crusader's March

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Crusader's March

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:24 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 am

The march continues without further incident that day. As you are reaching the end of your daily march, the advance scouts return saying that they sighted a chapel that seems to have fallen into ruin. There were no noticeable signs of habitation, though they did return as soon as they saw it. Knowledge[Local] or Knowledge[History] may provide more information. The ruin is about a 15 minutes away, and you are about an 30 minutes from your normal stopping time.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 am

Knowledge[History] 12+10 = 22
Knowledge[Local] 9+7 = 16
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:00 am

After hearing the report, the first thing Epicette does is request the Rangers to form a scouting squad of their best and run a recon in the chapel's vicinity to see if there's any major foes nearby. She also sends Reverie along with them for rapid communications if need be (even the passive empathic gives her a good idea of what's going on).

"It's one of the chapels they rebuilt along the road to Dreznen as a rest stop back before the Citadel fell," Epicette noted. "It's probably befouled by now. Although it would still make a good shortstop for us once we take the citadel. I'd suggest we encamp the army near it and clean it out ourselves before nightfall."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 am

"Agreed."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Irabeth is cautious of the plan but accepts it. Aron Kir mentions that he recalls some of these stations having hidden caches of healing potions and is for investigating. Aravashnial advises caution but is interested in seeing what knowledge might be uncovered in the ruin. At mention of the healing potion cache, Gwerm suggests you go check out the building for supplies. Sosiel is indifferent.

Cernandlon and Anevia are off scouting. Cernandlon may feel free to make a spot check.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:05 pm

Epicette asks Aron if he knows where those potion caches tend to be stored/hidden in these stations. She was hoping to let him take command of the Rangers while she's gone, but it's his choice if he wishes to come along.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 pm

"I don't know Lady Agyen. They were different in each station. And I know that our current stashes are lined with lead to protect against divination."
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 am

Daveed is mostly focused on the army.

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 am

Malorix rather likes the idea of making nothing there can bite the army in the ass, and of recovering those potions. He will defer to command, but voices his support of the plan.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Perception Check: Nat 1 = 12, 13 vs Traps, 14 vs Evil Outsiders
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Anevia and Cernandlon return from the scouting and report the following:

The Temple sits at the top of the cliff, 90ft above the gorge you are currently in.
There is a narrow set of stairs that scales the cliff face but they are in a fair bit of disrepair.
No obvious signs of habitation were visible from the inside the gorge.
Building is about 30ft tall, with broken out windows that look like they held stained glass, and a few statues still seem to remain intact decorating the rooftop.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:35 am

"We'll make camp. Once that's settled, we climb." Daveed stated, looking up the cliff towards the temple.

(Knowledge (Religion) to identify the faith of the temple: 1d20+6= 25)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:14 am

Camp is made and you set out for the ruins. 15 minutes later you are at the base of the staircase leading up.
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:21 am

(Did Drew ever get an answer as to the faith of the temple?)

Henric mentions that he can levitate a few people up rather than risk the stairs (it's 3/day).

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”