April 15th, 2030

Moderator: Sajuuk

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: April 15th, 2030

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:00 pm

(Actions resolve in this order: Jules -> Nayeli -> Winry -> Terashell -> Rose -> SpiritBeast -> Lorenzo -> Rita -> Berryshine -> End Of Round Things (Airstrikes, people not in-combat proper))

ROUND 0:
Minami's command to the strike craft on station is received, and the airplanes begin to unleash missile fire on the approaching creature. These missiles seem to do little to deter the beast, which isn't a surprise since all they really can do is knock it unconscious for some time. Meanwhile, the magic contract-making space rabbit looks up at its contractee and says "Look lady, it doesn't matter where I go, that thing can swat the medivac out of the sky like it is a mosquito."

ROUND 1 (ready, fight!):
Jules uses his abilities as an air contractor to leap up to the top of a water tower to get a better view of the airstrike taking place offshore. "It's just ignoring the strikes and is continuing to move towards shore."

Nayeli draws her bow and gauges the range for a moment, before deciding that the beast was still too far offshore to shoot accurately.

Winry has an aerodynamic chunk of metal in her hand, standard ammunition for electromagnetism contractors, but she has also reached the same conclusion that the target is still too far away.

Danielle's magically-powered cannon spurts tracer rounds towards the beast off in the distance, the weapon making only the noise of the rounds breaking the sound barrier as they exit the barrels. Water spray goes up around giant eel-like creature, but some of the rounds have clearly made contact with the target.

Pansy goes to find a convenient hiding spot, since she doesn't have much she can do here until the thing gets closer.

The beast continues to approach, menacingly at the speed of plot, which happens to be about 8.3 meters per second at the moment. It surges forth, sending a spray of water into the air as it moves forward, seemingly ignoring the oncoming tide of bullets from Danielle's autocannon. (The beast is now 450 meters away, which is 300 squares.)

"Commencing aerial surveillance," says Lorenzo's hawk as it leaps from his shoulder and soars into the sky. Lorenzo checks his rifle momentarily and then readies himself to attack the approaching beast.

Rita says something in a language nobody else understands, possibly a dialect of some Native American language, and the two foxes following her bolt for cover, heading down off the roof into the underbrush, each heading in a different direction.

Minami momentarily ponders shooting the creature with her rifle, but the voice of an old man in her head reminds her that 'magic must defeat magic.' Plus the imaginary voice of the SDA Accounting Office reminds her that this would be a colossal waste of ammunition, since it is really far away at this point.

[0359 TUT] <USER 3>: Looks like they sent a mind-reader to do a mage's job...
[0359 TUT] <USER 2>: See, aren't you glad I said we should teleport in from Mars with this thing for a field test! You go check the island, I'll go deliver this thing.
[0359 TUT] <USER 2>: Agent Chauvet, support is en-route to your team's location.

(PS: I never did indicate that the operations channel is actually voice, not text. Well, voice-to-text logging in your HUD, but you hear it all as voice. Conference line! Anyway, <USER 1> is male, with an accent that indicates he's American, probably from the west coast, and gruff, no-nonsense, mission-first/quit your yammering. <USER 3> is female, with an accent that is hard to pin down, probably originally from somewhere in East Asia (either China, Korea, or Japan), but they've clearly spent a long time speaking English as a primary language in the Eastern old-USA, and is no-nonsense, mission first, but with a sense of humor. <USER 2> is also female, with an accent that sounds Canadian, and that 'everything is an adventure and fun!' attitude that drives commanders bonkers.)

ROUND 2:
(Actions needed)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Terashell
Glassteel Member
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Terashell » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Danielle continues firing her magic gun, the vibration of the recoil making her voice vibrate, "I-i-i- wi-i-ish I-i-i- co-o-ould ri-i-i-ide th-i-i-i-s thi-i-i-ing." (Attack: 8 Damage: 21 halved on miss)

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:20 pm

Grumbling to herself, Minami turns to her little white rabbit, addressing it in Japanese. "Then get into somewhere safe and keep an eye on things. If you need to get involed, I'll call, but there's not much you can do. Just ... keep yourself safe, okay?"

Returning to the approaching giant eel, Minami, frowns at the eel.
"Just get here already," she mutters to herself, fighting back the rising urge to start charging towards it.
"Anyone got anything long-range, or are we stuck waiting for it to get on top of us?" She asks the others, visibly impatient, although still keeping a handle on the battle spirit inside her which is screaming at her to get closer so that she can hit it with her fist.

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Pansy thinks about her breakfast (a very tasty bagel with cream cheese that had fruit in it) as she looks around for anything to use for cover, "Please hurry up Miss whoever you are." she says into the group comm channel.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:32 pm

(All right, Elementalist revamp can wait since nobody involved in this battle is an Elementalist. Range: 300 squares)

Jules reports in, "The planes are coming around for another pass, the beast is still just ignoring them."

Nayeli still holds off on opening fire at the beast.

Winry calls forth the powers of her contracted electromagnetism spirit and launches the piece of metal she was holding towards the oncoming beast. The small projectile is seen to land a hit on the creature, but it just continues on as if nothing had happened.

Danielle's bullets also strike the creature, but the effect of this attack is difficult to tell from this range.

Pansy finds cover behind an old sign declaring that the former wastewater treatment plant that is their current battleground as the property of the Sydney City Government and that it was off-limits.

The beast's approach continues, the oncoming force of nature continuing to move at a decent clip as it ignores the incoming assaults on it's form as it continues its unstoppable movement towards the shore. (Distance: 267 squares (400 meters))

Lorenzo's hawk radios in from its compact commlink, "The creature seems to be slowly healing wounds we inflict on it," to which Lorenzo replies, "Not a surprise, that's normal for Threat 5s."

"I doubt command thought we'd be able to stop it before it got on shore anyway," Rita announces as she heads towards the underbrush between the group's current location and the shore. "I'm going to go check the shoreline to make sure there's nothing else coming ahead of the main target."

Minami's rabbit hops off into the underbrush to find a safe place to hide.

Emily (who the GM forgot about in the previous round), walks out of the main building of the complex the group was going to be fighting in, "Nothing inside there is useful."

The assault craft swing around for another attack run on the beast and unleash another bombardment on the creature, to little effect.

"Incoming....something, from the northwest!" Jules shouts over the comms.
"That would be me," the voice of <USER 2> echoes over the comm channel.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:50 pm

"THANK YOU BLESSED GIVER OF LOOT!" Pansy screams as she tries to spot <USER 2>. "Is the thing you bringing a big gun. Please let it be bigger than Danielle's gun and gold too."

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:00 am

After finally getting synced to the TARAWA system Pansy speaks, "OK! First things first, you are not Toothy the Teuthidoid. That sounds dumb. You're...I will think of a name for you later. Next!" Both of the DEW Wings fly toward Danielle. "That is long range taken care of so now lets go take the fight to ugly." she says as the ride wings take form. "Now time for the beatdown! Ready Boss?" Pansy says as the hoverboard flies toward Minami.

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling

Postby Berryshine » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Minami turns to Pansy with a wide, manic grin on her face and the wild eyes of a battle contractor hovering just on the sane side of control.
"Yes," she purrs hapily, eagerly climbing up onto the flying wing, herr bracelets turning into spiked and bladed gloves as she adjusts her balance. "This is gonna be fun!"

Return to “Game Threads”