Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:58 am

There is no apparent danger and when the entrance to the temple is approached, you find that the stone door is stuck. (str check to force it open)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:03 am

(Strength Check: 1d20+3= 16)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:20 pm

The door creaks open slowly as you press against the heavy door.

(We'll pause here till sunday because the next part is dialog heavy)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 pm

the DM has been encouraged to continue! we'll see how much talking gets done before Sunday.

A stone bench lines the southern wall of this chamber. At the
far side of the room, a basin of water sits atop a stone pedestal.
A stone door engraved with an image of a hammer stands to
the north.

As you enter Anevia says "Ugh, my leg is hurting more than when we were in the tunnel. I need to rest on that bench for a bit." Gwerm mutters "... slowing us down ... split up..." to which Anevia explodes (figuratively) "I'm not surprised that a man afraid of his own faith wouldn't be moved by a lost temple like this. Being ashamed of your beliefs, you might as well worship the demons!" Gwerm is a little taken aback at first and counters with "heh, as if the crowd you run with is in any position to chide anyone." Anevia glares at Gwerm but doesn't make any further remarks.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:45 pm

"Enough!" Daveed commands, walking between them. "The world above is being ripped apart, and this is what you're complaining about? We are not leaving anyone behind, and we are not going to go about accusing anyone with demon-worshipping with reason. You can tear into each other's character when the apocalypse is over. Not here; not now."

(Diplomacy: 1d20+10= 27)

DM Edit: second Diplomacy: 1d20+10 = 21

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 am

Malorix watches this exchange with some mild interest. "I dunno, Daveed. This sounds like something we might want to get straightened out now, while we're relatively safe. Things like this will eat a person up, and spawn treachery at the most inopportune times. I should know."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:35 pm

(I am going to wait to let the rest of the party respond before posting the reactions of the NPC's)

(Diplo checks if you want to Aid Another on either viewpoint), otherwise just some of your char's thoughts/words on the events)
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Epicette helped Anevia over to the bench and was examining her leg, making sure she didn't strain or pull something, and making modifications to the makeshift brace as necessary. (Heal take10+5 = 15, if it seems necessary she'll take another use of the healing kit for +2 to use its components in adjusting the leg brace).

For the most part, she completely ignored the exchange of melodrama, but Malorix's initial words made her eyes twitch: "Here, now? To do what exactly? So we can start accusing one another of heresy and treason with neither proof nor justification? Irritation and impatience are no reasons to condemn one injured to fend for themselves!"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Henric just rolls his eyes at all the melodrama. "I'm with Daveed and Epi. Let's just get out of here and then if people prefer, they don't ever have to see each other again." (Aid other diplo: 1d20+4=12)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:42 pm

"Believe me, Epicette, given my unfortunate family history, I'm the last person to go proposing burnings-at-the-stake or similar foolishness. But their words have revealed a poison working its way through their minds, and if they just stew on it as we go, it will mature, and that will end in betrayal and blood. Far better to treat the venom now, so to speak."

(Translation: Malorix wants to sit them down and help them talk out their problems and come to some sort of resolution, so they don't go around backstabbing each other later over some minor point of dogma.)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:52 pm

Daveed looks around at the group for just longer than a minute before speaking again.

"As paladins, we are trained to sense evil around us. While I am no seer, Anevia, if Horgus is a demon-worshiper, he is a very poor one, for I sense no evil in him. Nor anyone is this group." He says, moving more towards center of the group at large.

Malorix, I did not wish to stereotype you, but I do indeed trust that you have experience in these matters. However, given what my senses tell me, I do not feel the necessity to settle..." he pauses, looking someone awkwardly Anevia and Horgus, "whatever this matter is.

Let's at least make sure this temple is secure." Daveed finishes, before walking over and peering back through the temple door.

(Diplomacy: 1d20+10= 19
Perception: 1d20+8= 19)

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Malorix sighs. "Very well. And I trust in your expertise in the identification of evil intent. If you believe nothing will come of this, I shall trust you. Let us carry on, then."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 am

Anevia: "I didn't say that he did worship demons, merely that being ashamed of worshiping good deities is just as bad."

Gwerm just grunts and says nothing, seemingly persuaded by the paladins words.

Congratulations! You have successfully diffused the situation without choosing sides! both NPC's remain Helpful.

400XP for all (1540/2000)

There is still the Nave section of the church through a door in the back wall. We will begin there Sunday the 12th (tomorrow as I write this post) at 3PM Eastern
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:48 am

(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:49 am

(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”