Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 am

note to Scott: everyone's at full so no need to use that Channel Energy. You're at 4/5 for today.

Aravshnial seems to ponder a bit as he wraps some cloth around his eyes and bandages his head. "Yes we should take advantage of everyone's darkvision. Alright fine, we'll send Daveed, Henric, and Cernandlon about 60 ft in front with the rest of us following. Just try not to get too far ahead of us. Cernandlon, keep me informed of whats happening ahead, ww'll have our groups meet up every 15 to 20 minutes to make sure we aren't leaving anyone behind." he says.

"Whatever it takes to get me outta here." Mr. Gwerm says.

Anevia nods silently and takes Aravshnial's hand to help lead him.

There are two exits from this cavern, (left and right) neither one seems too much different than the other.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:00 pm

"Sir Cernandlon, which way do you think we should go?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Epicette takes out her compass and tries to get a reading of where we are and which direction should take us towards the outer parts of the city, where there's more likely to be an exit and less likely to be engulfed in total mayhem.
( Survival: take10+8 = 18 )

She then shares her conclusions with Cernandlon (Survival aid other). "As far as I can tell, they're parallel and heading in the same direction."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:58 am

Cernandlon ponders for a moment, consulting his own compass and thinking back to the above-ground geography of Kenabres. "I think we should take the Northern path. For all we know the paths could converge again after a short distance."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Malorix shrugs. "Works for me. Everyone in agreement? We REALLY shouldn't split up down here. Something nasty WILL find us and I don't think I can count on those kids and their dog this time."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:44 pm

(To be clear, the party is split by about 60ft. close enough to see each other with darkvision, but putting the advanced party 20ft beyond the reach of the Light spells. this should give you an 80ft lead of darkness on other inhabitants of the caves.)
(The injured NPC's move at a speed of 15ft/round)

After about 2 or 3 minutes of walking, the advance party comes within sight of what appears to have once been a campsite:
This smaller cavern appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite.

The advance team is currently 60ft. from the piles of detritus, the rear group is 120ft away, and can't see the campsite, but can see the advance party. There does not appear to be anyone in the area.

Advance: Daveed, Cernandlon, and Henric
Rear: Epicette, Malorix, NPC's
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:20 am

Daveed scans the room during the approach, upon seeing the pile of detritus holds up his left hand so as to halt the group.

"There's something alive in that pile of filth." He whispers.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:02 am

Cernandlon draws an arrow and readies his bow. "I doubt its whatever made the campsite," he replies.

(Perception: 1d20+6: 24 [1d20=18])

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 am

Henric stops and looks before drawing his acid flask.

(Perception 1d20+4=8)

DM note:

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:00 pm

the rear group sees the advance group take up defensive positions along the walls of the path and stop.

Dai:
Epicette signals the rear group to stop. "Something is going on, the advance group has taken defensive positions."

Rear group is 60ft away from advanced group, and is stopped. they can't see the small cavern.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Daveed turns to face the rear group, and signals for them to approach.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:30 pm

"Sounds like there's a large bug behind some of the gear," Cernandlon says, readying to shoot the insect should it appear.

(Readied Attack Roll: 1d20+4: 19 [1d20=15])
(Readied Attack Damage Roll: 1d8+4: 10 [1d8=6])

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 pm

"Terrific. More maggots? Or has our day gotten even better?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:03 pm

"It sounds like there's something crawling around in that pile of trash. You and me will approach from the right. Make sure to keep an open shot for Sir Cernandlon and Henric." Daveed whispers to Malorix (when he gets up here).

Shield in hand, he then began to move towards the trash pile.

(Double Move (40ft) towards the trash pile. Keeping at least a single line of trajectory for Cernandlon and Henric.
Fighting Defensively Engaged.
AC 20, HP 12)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:06 pm

"Seems like something's up... let's regroup up." Epicette said before leading the NPCs towards group 1, but keeping them 20ft back behind them. She also draws her crossbow and loads it, unhappily, and readies a Sleep hex towards the cavern is anything pops out.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”