Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Anevia responds "I think it's set as well as it can be. A little more healing will probably help secure the setting though."

at that moment, Aravashnial completes his casting and a celestial Fire Beetle pops into appearance about 20 ft away from him. "Alright I can't see so what are we fighting against?" he asks, obviously annoyed at the lack of answers he's been getting.

XP for Mending Anevia's leg with Heal skill, making her Friendly: 200XP
XP for killing Maggots: 80XP

All PC's 280/2000 XP

Loot:
Among the rubble, you are able to find 5 scales from the dead dragon Terendelev. These palm sized scales only seem to react when held by the PC's and don't seem to work if more than one is held.
each scale can be activated to allow the user to cast a unique effect. All scales are CL 19.

Cloudwalking: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast levitate. A pillar of roiling clouds rises below the levitating object or creature, growing and shrinking with the target’s altitude. This pillar is 5 feet in diameter (regardless of the target’s size) and provides concealment (20% miss chance) to any creature or object wholly contained within.

Disguise: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast alter self. While disguised, the target gains a +4 bonus on all Bluff checks made against evil creatures.

Courage: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast Blessing of Courage and Life but can only target the creature that activated the scale.

Resistance: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast resist elements—but only against electricity or cold.

Sacred Weaponry: Three times per day as a standard action, a scale can be used to cast align weapon, but only to make a weapon lawful or good. Unlike a normal align weapon spell, this effect can be cast on an unarmed strike or natural weapon.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Daveed takes one of the scales (the Courage one), gazing into its sheen and, through it, remembering Terendelev's fatal confrontation. After a few moments like this in silence, he looks up.

"We need to get moving. I think it would be of benefit for Epi and Malorix to hang back with our wounded, and those otherwise unable to see in the dark. Henric, myself, and our marksman can take up the van. Speaking of which, what is your name, sir?" He finishes, turning to Cernandalon.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Epicette turns towards Aravashnial and examines him from a distance... "well, trash... Sorry Sir Cleric I missed your name, but I don't suppose you have a Remove Blindness spell...?"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Aravshnial cuts in "This injury was from that damn demon's fire whip, and beyond a mere remove blindness spell. Unless you have a regenerate I'll have to wait for us to make it back to the surface. One of you will have to be my eyes until then."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:07 am

(The below assumes that Scott wants the Disguise scale. If he doesn't I'll claim that one.)

Cernandlon picks up the scale that grants resist energy and inspects it, wondering if this was some sort of secret draconic ability. "Well old friend, I guess I'll have to see for you," he says to Aravashnial.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 am

(Yeah, I'll take the disguise scale. Don't know how much help the bluff bonus'll be, but it'll make some social situations a bit less awkward.)

(first to Epicette and Anevia) "My name's Malorix. And I suppose if it doesn't work, we can set it right later. Here, have some more healing." (Cure Light Wounds on Anevia for 6 hp)

(to Aravshnial) "Yeah, I'm afraid Regenerate is a bit beyond my abilities at this time. But, you were directly attacked by a balor and still have your head, so at least there's that."

He also takes a scale (yes, disguise) and looks at it strangely, wondering why they only work for those five people.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:29 am

"Thanks, Daveed, but I've got it from here."

Once Henric's eyes and mouth are fully clear, he mutters something and the rest of the goop slides right off. And then he mutters the same phrase and the remaining vomit in the maggot that nailed him oozes out to cover it. "Much better. Now, if nobody else has a strong desire for it, I would like the levitation scale."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 am

Anevia's cuts and bruises finally disappear as she is healed to full. Her leg is still injured but she finds that she can walk on it with an improvised crutch.
Attitude shift to Helpful and 200XP awarded to all for healing her to full!

(all at 480XP)

Aravshnial turns in the direction of Cernandlon ans calls out "Is that you Cernandlon? By Desna's Song how are you boy? [insert pause for Cernandlon to respond here]. So what skills does everyone have? And I'm going to need someone to lead me out of here."

"If you'll help support some weight while we walk, I'll be your eyes." offers Anevia.

"1000GP to the lot of you if you get me out of these caves in good health." says the Human Male. he then looks at the two injured members of the group and says "Those two will slow us down too much. We need to get outta here and somewhere safe. I say we leave them here with a light and let them make their own way out."
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:41 am

"We will be leaving no-one behind. We do not know the tactical situation above, and even slowed, I'm sure these two have much to contribute." States Daveed, sternly. (Diplomacy: 1d20+10= 29)

"To answer your question, Aravshnial. As a paladin, I have training in combat, and against evil foes. My heritage has also granted me a good pair of eyes that can see without the need for light."

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:44 am

( to unidentified human male) "I think not. We'll need all the help we can get when Khorramzadeh's infantry find us. Here, let's see how they are now..."

Channel energy to heal (4 hp; I didn't know about those two or I'd have done that last post.)

To Aravashnial or however your spell his long-ass elven name) "You mean apart from bringing you back from the brink of death? I see in the dark too."
Last edited by littleangryman on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:46 am

"Indeed. I am a sorcerer, and it would appear that like most of us, my heritage means I can see in the dark. I don't glow, though - I leave that to the paladin."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:00 am

the human has a sudden change of disposition as the paladins words sink in. "Yeah I guess you're right. We'll probably need Anevia's skills to get past the mongrel-folk who live in these caves. And I'll up the reward to 2000GP. I'm Horgus Gwerm, Noble of Kenabres. I'd prefer if you referred to me as Mr. Gwerm. As a nobleman, I detest fighting. After all, it's what I'm paying you for! hahaha." he says ending with a little chuckle before returning to his usual dour look.

400XP to the party for raising from Unfriendly to Friendly. (party at 880XP)
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 am

"Let's get moving."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Since Anevia seems intent on walking on her own, Epicette examines the rubble for the best pieces for an improvised crutch. Nevertheless being improvised and therefore not usually reliable, she decides to help the injured girl walk anyways in the meantime.

"I'm a healer also, and not much of a combatant," she shrugs, "unless you want something to fall asleep."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 pm

"I'm good, finally took over my father's fealty to the Morgethai. Varaera sends her greetings," Cernandalon replies, retrieving his arrow from the dead maggot.

"You already know what my skills are, Aravshnial, but since the rest of you don't...I am Sir Cernandalon, Knight of Riverspire. I am skilled at ranged combat, have a knack for opening locked things and disarming traps, and know about getting by in the wilds. And I can also see in the dark."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”