Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Epicette Agyen, Samsaran Witch

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:24 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: <Placeholder>, Samsaran Witch

Postby Squall255 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Modification to Samsaran to match the RP of Aasimar:
now Flexible (+2Int, +2 Wis): +1RP
now has 60ft. Darkvision instead of Low-Light Vision: +1RP
now has Resistant (+2 vs Poison and Mind-Affecting): +2RP
now has Skill Training (Perception, Sense Motive are now class skills): +1RP

Backstory bonus trait:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional ... owertiller (+5 Survival to get along in the wild)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Source Notes

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:33 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Planning

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Hexes:
Hex1: Slumber
Hex2: Healing > Misfortune (at Lv10; upgrade Healing to Major)
Hex4: Flight
Hex6: Prehensile Hair
Hex8: Evil Eye
Hex10: Major Healing
Lvl12: Vision / Hag's Eye
Lvl14: (...other)
Lvl16: Doom Gaze
Lvl18: Retainers / Life Giver
Lvl20: (...other)

Feats:
HD1: Extra Familiar (Owl)
HD3: Craft Wondrous Item (retrain towards end of Dreznen reconstruction downtime)
HD5: Frugal Crafting (move up after retrain) > Worldwound Walker
HD7: Master of Speed
HD9: Spirit Talker
HD11: Persistent Spell
HD13: Heighten Spell
HD15: Quicken Spell / Split Hex / Worldwound Walker
HD17: Spell Focus (Trans)
HD19: Greater Spell Focus (Trans)

Powers:
Tier1: Mythic Hexes
Feat1: Mythic Spell Lore
Tier2: Crafting Mastery
Tier3: Coupled Arcana
Feat3: Mythic Crafter
Tier4: Component Freedom
Tier5: Rapid Preparation
Feat5: Ascendant Spell (if access to lvl8 spells) / Mythic Heighten Spell (if not)
Tier6: Sanctum
Tier7: Resilient Arcana
Feat7: (...other from [Feat5])
Tier8: Spellscarred
Tier9: Mirror Dodge
Feat9: Mythic Spell Focus
Tier10: Longevity
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm

So I noticed that Witches tend to lack some of the even more fundamental spells for Item Creation, like Bull's Strength and the likes -- which doesn't even make any sense given Paizo wants to use this class for 'good witches' also but whatever. It does however puts a dampener on where I eventually intend to build the character. So here's an idea I need to ask:

Can I use one of MIC's arcane Runestaves combined with Use Magic Device's emulate class feature (the class spelllist in this case) to substitute for the spell when crafting? This rather fulfills the crafting requirement of having to use one of my own slots to power the magic item.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:26 pm

There's a feat, that allows you to craft magic items supplementing your ranks in Craft for Caster Level. Might be helpful later on.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:45 pm

In pathfinder, each unmet spell req ups the craft dc by 5. It doesn't prevent crafting. We can look at other options tonight if you'd like.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Oh right, I forgot about that. Goes to show how long it's been since flipping the basic rulebook. That solves the issue much easier (and cheaper) so... \o/
|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 pm

I think you should have a runestaff or two later on just because runestaves are awesome.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: Epicette Agyen, Samsaran Witch

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Runestaves are a musthave for utility casters (although that mythic power may change this fact...)

Finished rough character draft... still a few things left undone but most of the important stuff is there. Suggestions on languages welcomed.
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Here are my suggestions:
Varisian - Harrow is a Varisian thing, it would make sense to speak that language. If you've got a Harrow deck, you should speak this language.
Hallit - The native language of the Worldwound/Mendev area (and most of the north for that matter), other than Common (AKA Taldane).
Jistka - Scholarly/royalty language.
Tien - Most Samsaran speak Tien.
Thassilonian - Thassilonian is an ancestor language of Varisian.
Aklo - Ia, ia, cthulhu fthagn!
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Spell Compendium spells I'd like to request access to:

Lvl1: Dispel Ward
Lvl2: Healing Lorecall, Dark Way, Reflective Disguise, Speak to Allies
Lvl3: Anticipate Teleportation, Greater Mage Armor, Servant Horde, Analyze Portal, Unluck, Ray of Dizziness, Blade of Pain and Fear, Glowing Orb
Lvl4: Dispelling Screen, Assay Spell Resistance, Spell Enhancer, Voice of the Dragon
Lvl5: Hidden Lodge, Zone of Respite, Lesser Spell Matrix
Lvl6: Greater Anticipate Teleportation, Probe Thoughts, Extract Water Elemental
Lvl7: Glass Strike, Greater Dispelling Screen
Lvl8: Lightning Ring, Maddening Whispers, Greater Plane Shift
Lvl9: Hindsight, Programmed Amnesia
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:29 am

Lvl1: Dispel Ward (Approved)

Lvl2: Healing Lorecall(approved: note that the CL increase won't benefit you unless you multiclass and keep your ranks up), Dark Way(tenatively approved. This is on the upper side of powerful, so I may impose more restrictions on where it can be used), Reflective Disguise(Approved), Speak to Allies(approved)

Lvl3: Anticipate Teleportation(approved), Greater Mage Armor(Approved), Servant Horde(Approved), Analyze Portal(Approved), Unluck(Approved), Ray of Dizziness(Approved), Blade of Pain and Fear(Not on Witch spell list. It seems too aggressive for a witch spell. A Fear Touch would make sense, but this seems to have the damage as more of the focus of the spell than the fear), Glowing Orb(Approved)

Lvl4: Assay Spell Resistance(approved), Dispelling Screen(tentatively approved. 1 4th level spell to block all ray type spell effects sounds pretty strong, so may get hit by Nerfbat if issues arrise), Greater Resistance (approved), Spell Enhancer (Approved), Voice of the Dragon (approved)
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Lvl2 Levelup:
+7HP, +1BAB, +1 Will
SkillPts(2+4int+1fav): Knowledge[Arc,Eng,Nat], Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Lvl1 Spells: Dispel Ward [SpC], Wall of Smoke [SpC], Ventriloquism (Patron)
Hex: Healing
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:02 am

Lvl3:
+7HP, +1 Fort/Ref
Skills: Craft[Cooking], Craft[Tailoring], Know[Nature], Know[Tactics], Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Feats: Craft Wondrous Item
Spells: Gallant Inspiration, Bestow Insight
Familiars gain +1 natural armor, +1 Intelligence, and Delivery Touch Spells ability
Parchment carried is now the party ledger.
Added a PC/NPC attitudes section

Lvl4:
+7HP, +1BAB, +1Will, +1 Charisma
Skills: Know[Engineering], Know[Nature], Know[Tactics], Perception, Perform[String Instruments], Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Hex: Flight
Spells: Ancestral Communion, Unseen Crafter [DnD:Eb:RoE], Silence (Patron)
|

()

Return to “Characters”